1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 3, 2021.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    A vital save yesterday, when the boy headed ball across goal, if Joe doesn't get a hand to it, the guy running in has a tap in.
    Well done Joe

TheHappyLoss, Big C, Twisty and 2 others like this.
  2. Lewis Kerr

It was a good free kick but a better GK saves that. It wasn't in the corner and it was the only place he could hit it.

Tomas likes this.
  3. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Na, not going to hold that against him, it went in if the underside of the bar, if he saved it it would have been a top drawer save, it was a quality free kick, I will give Tavpen his credit there

mayo and NomDePlum like this.
  4. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Love him to bits but I think his time is up.

5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Think he could have been better positioned with the free kick if I’m honest.

But apart from that he was fine.

6. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This. It was a good strike but most EPL keepers will tip it over.

Tomas likes this.
  7. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Yes, it was a good strike but I think he could have done better. I noticed that he had a clenched fist going for the ball instead of a fully outstretched hand to give him more inches, which was strange. Love the big guy but we need better.

Dan Breen likes this.
  8. Onefootwonder

The freekick was a good strike, but a top keeper would save that. It wasn't anywhere near the top corner.

At their header he seemed resigned it was going past him instantly. A half-hearted leg was dangled out. I want to see a keeper make every effort to save it.

I think we need an upgrade on Hart to progress.

Tomas and Dan Breen like this.
  9. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Heavy footed for both goals. If he moves his feet, he saves the first and if he’s on his toes, he gives himself a chance at the second.

For me goalkeeper is the most obvious position needing upgraded in the summer.

Dan Breen and craigtheceltic like this.
  10. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Dived like he had lead in his boots for the free kick. Didn’t even get close.

11. oh bhoy

thought he was poor for both goals he did make a good save midway through the 2nd half though

12. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Would say he's been a big part of the team , but just don't feel as confident as the likes of FF and Artur

Think either of them 2 save both there goals , sounds silly but an extra step to the side and both get saved imo

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He does the basics right. However I feel iv not seen him make a save where I think how the * did he save that. That's what we need in a keeper and can improve upon. I do like him and if we can't get another better keeper that's fine, he will do a good job. I'd rather a keeper so good he's linked with everyone under the sun.

14. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Would have to admitt, he was "poor" at both goals yesterday.

As has been said, a better keeper with a bit more dance moves in his legs saves both.

But definitely won't hold it against him. It was poor place to concede a free kick, and for the second, Tavpen had a free run at the ball. Poor defending also played it's part.

Harts been a phenomenal leader for us. Takes new Bhoys out for a meal, talks up the team and club, and brings a real gravitas to his position, something no keeper we've had since Boruc has done.
    Not to mention he's in fantastic shape for his position and his age. Just look at the dipso * across the city.

Forster, whilst amazing, wasn't really a commander of his defence, Bain is too timid, the less said about the Greek Tragedy the better, and Gordon was sulky, whiny diet Hun * who was constantly to blame for letting on goals at his near post, then blaming his teammates.

We're lucky to have Hart.

And unless we've got 5-10m sitting around, we can't actually replace him either.

Other areas need an "upgrade" before that position.

I would like to see a proper understudy brought it. Someone who we can introduce to the first 11 slowly, and who Joe can take under his wing.

I'd also be absolutely delighted if Joe stays on in a coaching role.

15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Strongly disagree tbh. Our biggest results in Europe in the past decade have come on the back off terrific goalkeeping performances.

Slaw and Dan Breen like this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was poorer for the second more than the first for me. Was a nothing type stick out of the leg..

The defending for the second in general was diabolical..

17. Tomas

Joe has been found wanting all season, don't get me wrong he makes some decent saves, but he never commands his area. I remember when the first duty of a goalkeeper was to collect all high balls in the 6 yard area, for a man so tall he stays rooted to the spot. We need better than him, Siegrist must be tested before the end of the season, or we will have to buy a top keeper.

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Think both goals he could've done much better.

Looked like it was corner from the freekick but it was actually closer to Hart's starting position. He then dives with a closed fist. What keeper does that?

Flailing leg out for the second. May not have saved it but should've been doing better.

He had his moments in the game though but he should've been doing better at both their goals, for me.

I love him for his stability at the back after Barkas but if we are going to be ruthless in progression, we need a new keeper next season.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think it's unfair to blame him for the second. The fault at that lies with the defence allowing Tavpen a free header.

20. Cringer67

”And unless we've got 5-10m sitting around, we can't actually replace him either.”

I think this is what most fans, who want an upgrade on Hart, fail to comprehend.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.