1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Confess your unpopular Celtic-related opinions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The IRA, Jun 26, 2018.

Discuss Confess your unpopular Celtic-related opinions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It’s kind of cute that you care what fans of other clubs think of us. :102:

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  2. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I would agree if it was Southampton or some crap club like that, but can't really blame him for leaving when Arsenal come knocking with mega wages setting him up for life at a young age. Never know if these chances come again, and if he stayed and had the same injury problems as he have now, that chance would most likely not come again.

If im not mistaking, have he not said that it was the club that wanted to push for the move, and not him?

The_Bhoy and Bayern Bru like this.
  3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I couldn't give a * what others think, it's self reflection.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  4. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I'm on the * the pope bus too....or any other religious freak for that matter.

What a pile of *.

5. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You’re both taking it far too seriously.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  6. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not really mate, the problem with the written word is lack of context. It's just an unpopular opinion that really is a trivial one.

You're maybe picturing an angry anti pope ranter who hates a good sing song when the reality is I'm a happy funster who just happens to think religion is * batter.

Stop taking things so seriously :50:

7. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I’m just furious that you pesky Protestant hundercovers are infiltrating my favourite forum again!

8. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm a scientologist ya cheeky *.

ruzzle76, NomDePlum and Saul Goodman like this.
  9. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
  10. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm not a fan of Maeda. Workrate isn't enough. The cup final summed him up for me. The 4 things I can remember from him are him ballooning the ball out of play from a promising position out wide at the start of the game, twice he ran the ball out the park when if he'd tried a cross we'd at least have got a corner and missing his kick in front of goal and Kyogo getting him out of jail.
    Especially in the SPL where we need clever, skillful players to unlock packed defences he should be our last choice wide player (after Forrest). He needs space to run into and you don't get that against a packed defence. And we don't need his workrate as we're so far ahead of the opposition. We need more skill and inventiveness on the park.
    He's more useful against the huns and in Europe where he will get more space.

FranceCelt likes this.
  11. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Well Im on the 'burn the heretics' bus

Cause thats what we're needing to do. Bring back burning heretics at the stake who dare to defy the Pope's Law and the Authority of Rome. Take them into the town square and burn them above a pile of wood like its the 1600s.

12. Cringer67

Religion is
    Religion is a cancer and Catholicism is a basically a cult. It was designed for the dark ages to keep people in line. Baffling that it still has such a prominent place in modern society. I think more and more are realising though, so our kids, kids, kids kids, might actually be normal.

Mickmac likes this.
  13. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    im joking incase you didnt know. Before anyone starts squeeling about political correctness and taking offence to all sorts of anything as is the done thing nowadays

14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    While I sort of see where you are coming from, I think he heavily tires defences out and that's where his strengths lie. He has 10 goals and 6 assists this season who he does contribute more than work rate anyway.

Pretty sure the club wanted to sell him. He was injured so we needed at least 1 new left back in anyway and needed to buy quite a few players that summer. I've never understood bitterness to him. Even if it was him, his body was * due to us never resting him as we had no decent back up.

15. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Im pretty sure aswell the club was angling for the 20 odd million transfer fee that we got. It wasnt 100% up to him by the finish up. I dont know why his body should have been * due to us never resting him. He was still in the early half of his 20s, a professional athlete on a tremendous salary....no reason for your body to be *. CalMac....he's a good bit older than Tierney was when he was here and plays every game without fail and his body is not *. When your a pro athlete making that kinda money.....unless you've got a broken leg or a serious injury....you should be fit to play every game. Thats not being unreasonable....not when its your profession

RiquelmeCSC likes this.
  16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

There’s no need for that. I’m not religious myself but I respect someone’s right to faith.

For a lot of people it brings them comfort. Who are you to judge that they’re wrong?

17. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I think the original poster on that worded it horrendously. I don’t disagree that there’s a massive problem with religion and faith itself but there are ways to word arguments for/against.

I care about what’s true in the world and I don’t like the special privileges that religion is given in society on the basis of very little evidence. Specific religions as well. I absolutely believe that we should be teaching our children about religion in schools and there is definitely an argument that it can make people behave/act in a charitable manner. Unfortunately, there are also the other, small minority who use it as a weapon/excuse for their horrendous opinions on human rights.

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  18. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

I do not agree. There is no answer to the meaning of life or a definitive reason as to why we are here. So therefore because no one knows the answer it effectively means that anything and everything is a possibility. No one can decide that a particular answer is wrong............ because there is not a correct answer meaning that there are no wrong answers

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Preaching to the choir mate. :giggle1:

It was more the posters attack on the people who find comfort in faith that bothered me, rather than organised religion as a whole.

Saying the next generation might be “normal”? Chase yourself with that.

martin_d likes this.
  20. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think the numbers he has with us for his age and the actual total minutes he’s been able to play….sometimes he’s harshly viewed because we’ve bought him in. The amount of own home grown talent we’ve had that have done nothing by the age of 21 is an endless list.
    Abada is 4 years younger than maeda, and 2 years younger than both jota and haksa.
    I’d rather we at least kept him one more season and really saw what he could achieve and progress into.
    I agree with the “greatness” comment but how many players that have left us recently have actually achieved that? Maybe just van dijk?

martin_d likes this.