1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No had many since wee Gio used to give them out for fun standing on tip toes..

AussieGreek, Mr Cleansheets and Wllm like this.
  2. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I feel like being on the transformation journey with this guy.
    I can no longer remember feeling of disappointment from the McGinn saga or even (I know) missing on the 10iar.
    Can't really express the level of my admiration.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
    NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Celtic without ange is fear inducing

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    His reaction at the end of the game was beautiful, said it elsewhere but he tries to keep a lid on his emotions. Sometimes they bubble to the surface and you can see his pride and love for what he’s doing here and his connection with the fans. It’s sp * genuine. And it brings me * so much joy.

I love him. I don’t want Celtic life without him.

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

In a single post I could never portray my feelings towards him.

I’ll simply say this, I * love the *. The Gods have dealt us 1 beauty of a hand with this guy I promise you.

He is everything and more.

6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Listening to Jackson Irvine’s Open Goal, which was before Ange came to us, and him talking about him knowing what he’s done for us is mad. He’s talking him up majorly, as a coach, for his football and for him standing his ground with the media.

Said he’s the one guy he’d love to see at any team in Europe because he’d be a major success, ‘think he’s in Japan just now’

It’s mad.

The Phoenix likes this.
  8. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Folk probably wont agree but I personally think he's good enough for a top 4 EPL gig. Some managers you feel just have it to take that step up and I think he does.

Hope to * he stays for a while though. Easily my favourite manager since O'Neil and one of the best things to happen to the club.

9. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Priceless really. No * is filling those boots if he goes

10. joemc

Ange is at the type of club he has dreamed of and if you really listen to him speak about his football ethos you get to understand the man , he wants to battle the money teams with his proven method of success/playing style allied to good man management and club support, he has that all in place atm and over the next 2 years he gets to try it out for real , I believe he will stay as long as he can see progression in cl to the point he sees if he can overcome the handicap vast somes of money bring at the top level .

11. joemc

McChiellini.. likes this.
  12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He was at toryglen this morning watching his oldest in his first Glasgow league game the kids where buzzing from all the other teams "just seen ange" he took pictures with everyone of them

13. Mr. Slippyfist

I'm quitting my job, leaving my wife and kids, buying a tent and sleeping bag and camping out in toryglen car park until I see ange in the flesh...

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The fact he came over to me and one of the other dad's and he's standing chatting with us they where in disbelief lol

15. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No pressure to the guy managing Ange's kid's team with Ange watching over his shoulder :giggle1:

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Haha anno man, he's a young boy too but does a great job with them

NakamuraTastic, NomDePlum and Wllm like this.
  17. PaddyJamieson

100% he's good enough. He's been working with limited resources his whole career and has had to fine tune his coaching skills and transfer nous for it to be successful with less money and more limited players. I can only imagine how good his football would be with a team of world class players. Transfer wise I think you'd see him be like a Klopp too, who until this season didn't seem to make a bad signing, and almost all less "big" names and for cheaper than say a City.

18. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    This is precisely why we must be grateful every day that he's here. I honestly can't see myself connecting as much with any other Celtic coach in the future. This is it. We're currently in "the good old days of Ange"

19. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good

I do not believe he will go anywhere for at least the next three seasons.

Ange is a football purist so I do not think he is looking for a big paycheck to sign with a big EPL club. He is not in it for the money in my opinion. He is in it to make a difference with the club he is with, but not with just any club. You also need to understand him as a person. In his opinion he won the football lottery when Celtic came calling for him and he wants to be worthy of the club for choosing him. He will give them value and committment and his passion for the game and he wants Celtic up there with the CL big boys.

As for the EPL I do not think he would jump at the chance to manage one of the big six because the stakes are too high and he would not want his project to be interrupted by a fickle board who want immediate results and would not be happy in mid table during his first year with them and putting his philosophy and Ange ball into practise.

He would go to a club that was part of his childhood vicarious experiences as a kid in Melbourne. A club with a history in England and a club known to play good football and a club that has had good results in Europe in the past and in England.

A club he can have a vision for and can revive to former glories at home and in Europe. A club that will give him the time and space to do his work. A club with a big fan base, and a decent stadium to put bums on seats.

If he does go to the EPL I think he would go to West Ham Utd, Leeds Utd, Aston Villa or perhaps Chelsea. He would not go to a relegated EPL club, and he would only sign on with a club for the following season at the end of the previous season.

I still think he will not do it because he has a hunger for European football on a yearly basis and he sees this happening with Celtic, and is creating his squad for success in this domain.

If he does leave I think he will look to Europe and a club that can offer him football in CL or Europa. Holland, Spain or most likely Germany.

I do not see him leaving Celtic for a very long time.

joemc likes this.
  20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Wllm likes this.