1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Great tae hear that fae Ange. :ange:

He'll likely * off in the summer. :56: :ange2:

Nah he's here tae stay. :ynwacelti

Rydo1888* likes this.
  2. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    You can tell he hates mole face though. Compared to how much love he had for gio and other managers in the league.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye you can instantly tell he thinks he's a *. Big man knows his stuff :ange2:

DdoubleD and Hammy89 like this.
  4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

5. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Haha...love the quick * you handshake turn around and celebrate towards the support :62:

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I think he just respects people doing their job whereas Molechael Beale seems to be a media man with a part time job at the weekends.

7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou details Celtic Viaplay Cup celebrations

Ange Postecoglou might have given his players time off to celebrate Celtic's Viaplay Cup triumph - but revealed he was back home by 8.30pm.

The Parkhead boss told Celtic TV that he was celebrating with his family but was well aware of partying "into the night" for supporters.

He said: "It was just a fantastic atmosphere and that continued into the night and fair to say, when I went for breakfast with my beautiful wife the next morning, Glasgow seemed a bit quieter. So I reckon it was a big night on Sunday night for some of us anyway.

Postecoglou urged his players to relish the moment of winning a trophy, and allowed them time off - but insisted it'll be full steam ahead as they return to league duty at the weekend.

"Not a full 24 hours," said Postecoglou of handing time off to his squad. "Look, we were home by 8:30 and with the family, and that's kind of my way of celebrating it, but I enjoyed the day.

"I was really pleased and proud of that. The performance the lads put on in such a big game, you know, we knew it was our first trophy on offer.

The occasion, the opponent, all those kind of things. The week leading into it, it was going to be a significant day. "

Kyogo Furuhashi's double at Hampden was enough to beat Rangers despite a consolation strike from Alfredo Morelos.

And Postecoglou revealed he sensed there was a real opportunity to take control of the final in the last ten minutes of the first half.

The Celtic boss hailed his players for their start to the match and dictating play and saluted the collective efforts of his squad which led them to victory - and not a moment of magic.

"You know, I think our start to the game was really good and we knew we had to start well," he said.

"And we just got control of the game pretty quickly, even though we didn't create a lot I thought if we could sort of maintain our composure and make sure that we made them work, there will be moments where we would be able to break them open.

I sensed that probably in the last 10 minutes of the first-half that we were really growing into the game and it would just take a moment for us to sort of capitalise on and both goals were kind of things that we do on a daily basis here.

"They're not goals born out from the individual brilliance of a player. It's more the collective sort of structure we have that allows the fantastic players we have in our team to show the best of themselves. And they're good team goals."

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Don't mind me mate I'm not a mod anymore....that's why the place has gone to ruin...:ange2:

9. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

:56:

10. wulliebad

Could he be here for the 10.:fear:

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  11. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The scary thing is, wait until the selling beginning and the standard coming in to replace. I do believe we will end up on par with the Ajax model with Ange at the helm. Love this guy to bits.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    You definitely can, and the media point nails it, Ange * hates the media game and you can tell it majorly.

If you look at the difference between him and GVB, he respected GVB and you could tell.

I’m enjoying the bit of bite being back into it though, * coming out with soundbites talking *, being disrespectful from the other side of the City. It’s class.

NakamuraTastic, Hammy89 and Slaw like this.
  13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I’m scared at who goes, and also excited about who would replace players that do. Ange has warned us already to not get too attached, and GG one of my big heroes of last season has already went.

And Oh after the weekend I * adore now :56:

The Phoenix, Hammy89 and Noskeil like this.
  14. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I've got a feeling we will see CCV, Maeda and possibly Abada departing at the summer, or possibly Jan depending on how we bode in the ECL.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Abada I think we’ll get another season out of, I think he knows he has a lot more learning to do and if he cements his place next year by improving all round play, then he’ll get a very good move.

CCV counting as homegrown English in the Premiership, surely people will be looking but with 3 years left, and if he’s not too bothered about a move I don’t see it. I think that would be the case fancying a proper crack at the CL, being injured for a good few this year. Same with Starfelt.

O’Riley I think will be gone though. Maeda’s an interesting one, him and Ange are close. Decent contract length left but how he was at the World Cup and Japan doing well will have decent interest in him.

Noskeil likes this.
  16. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Angeball :100:

Sgt Neppers*, Wllm and Hammy89 like this.
  17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Honestly his style of football is so * impressive, when we have the right personnel at the back with CCV and Starfelt, it’s not just exceptionally fun to watch attacking wise, defensively it’s very, very hard to do anything against.

The only downside that it has, is when we do concede a chance, outside Hart pulling off a great save we tend to concede. But we keep that down very low when they two are their to build off of, and it’s a lot of unnoticed work they put in to make that happen.

Something I was very impressed with on Sunday was when they got the momentum and were pressing after the goal we conceded, bringing Iwata on tweaking the formation a bit, completely nullified it and made is safe.

Then bringing Haksa on made it extremely dangerous and we should have got 1 more at least, and the two major chances we missed with O’Riley and him after it.

He ripped Beale to shreds tactically at that point. And very few times has he changed the shape to show just how astute he is, and I like that he has guys on his bench now he trusts to do that.

The Phoenix, Wllm, Hammy89 and 2 others like this.
  18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Couldn't agree more.

I was delighted with the subtle changes Ange made tactically.

I noticed we weren't looking to play out from the back as often when we were trying to get a hold of the game again. Even Hart started going long with the ball. Sometimes you just have to do it, all teams do it af times. Think we need to do this more often anyway to change it up a bit.

I was delighted with Ange's tactics before and during the game. Got everything spot on and taught Beale a lesson.

19. DonnyCelt

How lucky we are to have this man as our manager. :notworthy:shamrock:

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Did you see Sutton asking him about that? I was quite surprised with the answer, said he leaves decisions like that up to players, gives them the freedom because they’ll no better being out on the pitch if it’s better to do so. I always thought he * hammered in don’t you * dare.

NakamuraTastic and Hammy89 like this.