1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Last of Us (HBO)

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Fontaine, Dec 4, 2022.

Discuss Last of Us (HBO) in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Only thing I haven’t liked so far is Kathleen’s character. She’s just not that convincing. Not that much screen time, but I just didn’t find her that threatening or even interesting.

Other than that I think it’s been a fantastic adaptation.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It's worth sticking with mate. If nothing else the dynamic between Joel and Ellie is great. The young girl is a star. Some of it really hit me in the feels. They have done a great job of making you care about characters who aren't there long.

Scotia likes this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Is that Rose from 2 and a half men? It is because I'm the same. Her acting stands out as wooden in the whole thing.

4. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    No idea of the game Sean so I'm watching kinda blind . The first times the folk were turning was like early days TWD and that intruiged me .

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I gave up on the game pretty early. While it looked good I thought it was very repetitive. I have no idea what's going to happen in the show. I like Pedro Pascal though (the lead man) and the girl who plays Ellie is brilliant. 2 episodes now I've been close to tears yet I haven't learned enough to feel like that. It's very well done.

Just not amazing like others think.

Scotia likes this.
  6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Bill and Frank should have been a feature throughout the season.

cas79 likes this.
  7. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, her acting is really wooden. I just don’t buy her being a character that the rebels would get behind.

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I thought it was intentional to make her kinda emotionless, but see you mentioning 2 and a Half Men, she was exactly the same in that right enough.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Aye she's trying to appear emotionless after what happened but even when she finally opened up in her old bedroom I still wasn't convinced.

MacEwan likes this.
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Ellie is * amazing. I was in tears at the whole night and next day with Sam. Amazing acting from both.

MacEwan likes this.
  11. stew37

Watched episode 3 tonight, was really good. Was trying to remember where I'd heard a song that was played but it was in Shutter Island.

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Linda Ronstadt song? Love Will Abide? Never realised it was in Shutter Island.

Ep 3 was Bill and Frank right? Cracking episode. Daft they're now gone. Occupational hazard of going from game to live action I suppose. Nick Offerman should have been used much more liberally.

13. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Apparently the song is actually called 'Long Long Time'

Shows what I know haha.

14. stew37

No mate it was the Max Richter - On the Nature of Daylight I was meaning. I recognised it but couldn't think what it was from, looked it up after.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Ah you've lost me now. Am I even on the right episode?

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

There is something happening in this series that I think is going to annoy me as we go on. I've never been one for monsters. Insidious went from a 9 to a 6/10 when the reveal came. I gave up on Stranger Things when it stopped being a mystery.

As this is adapted from a game I can only assume the infected are going to get more and more outrageous.

I'm not spoilering it. If your daft enough to click a TV discussion thread before seeing it it's on you.

17. stew37

It was the 3rd episode I'm sure, with the two guys in the house together, Bill and Frank.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yeah the prevailing song through the whole episode was started by Frank on the piano and I thought it was called Love Will Abide. However it might be called Long Long Time?

Started the episode and ended it with Ellie putting it in the tape deck of Bills car. There was probably loads more songs in the episode but that one was the theme through the whole episode.

Thought the episode was outstanding. Only gripe is both should have been long term characters.

Imagine getting to know them over various seasons then that happened. I was already nearly in tears after 40 mins of it ffs.

stew37 likes this.
  19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

From what I know, we’ve seen the extent of it really barring one or two anomalies.

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yeah I've read a few things and there might be something left out so they don't have to have someone in a mask and people are losing their *. Which is amusing.

I'm sure it will be in there though. We're almost halfway through the series ffs.

I just don't want to see them get bigger than that * bloater.

I'm already suspending disbelief that Ellie escaped that crater opening and Joel having an endless stream of bullets in an old rifle :giggle1:

My disbelief meter only goes so far haha.

MacEwan likes this.