1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cho Gue-sung

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Nov 30, 2022.

Discuss Cho Gue-sung in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyCelt

Ties in with what Ange has been saying. Wants another one in, and has provisions in place for if players left. Oh in now, Cho in when Giakoumakis leaves.

2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Still confident this will be done before the windows closed. Some noise again after a few days of nothing.

3. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Lol his agent backtracking :56:

4. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    All this backtracking and setting the record straight makes me think it's very likely he's signing. If a deal is pretty much agreed, it sounds like Cho or his agent are trying to get us Celtic fans back on side.

5. AussieGreek

Hopefully he comes in and then a few months later he dumps his agent. If he proves to be a * of a guy, then we punt him a season later for a few million profit after he's banged in a few in Europe.

Big Shoes likes this.
  6. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    From what I have heard, I don't think Park Ji-Sung is his agent. I think he was appointed by Jeonbuk to get the best deal for the club, given he played over here for so long.

AussieGreek and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  7. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Just seen on KDS that Ange has given assurances to Cho that there'll be no conflict with our Chinese players.

The_Bhoy, craigtheceltic, HTG and 8 others like this.
  8. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Maybe Ange is playing with the pronunciation...might be another asian player.
    He wants Wan in:84:

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://v.daum.net/v/z5yL9D7Aqp
    Exclusive Interview] 'Cho Kyu-sung's Saga' explained by Cho Kyu-sung's agent

Since when did you prepare for the transfer?

The work started while communicating with foreign partners from the beginning of last year. I thought there would be better opportunities for players after the World Cup. He also showed his intention early on to the Jeonbuk club. Jeonbuk conveyed their intention that if they performed well during the World Cup and came up with a decent offer, they could send it to them. He said Europe could be better for the cause. The club made full-fledged preparations by sending a message that it would be willing to help for the player's future in Europe.

- What criteria did you set?

▶There were five major ones. The first was 'Europe'. Second, the player wanted 'a club where I can play competitively'. The third was 'the club the manager wants', and the fourth was to exclude teams in the relegation zone. The last was the transfer fee. Jeonbuk said, 'You have to send it at your own price to be treated well and help the players', and we took it for granted as well. In the case of the transfer fee, it may not be easy to pay at once, so we coordinated by splitting it into two. We found a team that met all of these conditions. We checked each country and even contacted them directly, but there were not many teams that could meet all these requirements. Offers came from Hungary or Austria, but we had no intention of sending them. In this way, all teams that did not meet the conditions before being delivered to the players in the first place were excluded. If we blindly accept everything, it is rather difficult to work. As a result, the team was compressed.

-If you look at the foreign media, you have been connected to a lot of different countries.

▶In the beginning, there was a lot of talk about Turkiyeh, but maybe it was because the country's internal economic situation was not good, there were no actual offers. Besiktas had coach Senol Gunes, who was personally close to him, so he contacted him and he said he was looking for a defender, and Galatasaray or Fenerbahce did not receive an offer unlike my article in Turkiye. As it is known in Scotland, Celtic wanted it, and in Germany, Mainz, Cologne, and Monchengladbach showed interest. In the case of Cologne, they even held a video conference with us. Cologne also wanted to talk to the player, but I remember that we blocked it because it was not right before the official offer came. In the United States, Minnesota was connected, and in Italy, two clubs, including Spezia, contacted me. He said he would send an official offer, but the player didn't show much interest, so he put it on hold. I received a call from Spain today. They said that the two clubs are preparing offers. One team said they wanted to bring them in the winter and the other in the summer, and since Jeonbuk was training in Spain, it was easy to approach, so we responded as well. In the case of Japan, there was a proposal for a long time, but it was abandoned here.

- There was also an EPL talk.

▶There was interest, but there was no actual offer. The required work permit score is 15 points, but Cho Kyu-seong scored 13 points. 2 points were missing. In order to obtain a work permit, the opposing team had to take active measures.

-So, the last teams mentioned were Celtic, Minnesota, and Mainz.

▶The teams that sent meaningful offers were Celtic, Minnesota, and Mainz. Celtic was contacted through a collaborating agent and worked for a long time. Our international staff continued to communicate with the club officials and the president. Celtic's first proposal was not at a level that Jeonbuk was satisfied with, but they even sent a letter saying that if Jeonbuk sent a player, Jeonbuk would meet all the conditions they wanted. So, I sent my intention to include the cell-on clause. This part was not included in the official letter. If Jeonbuk said they would send a player, they decided to send a letter containing this information again. Celtic was the most active. The director even wanted a video call. Our staff translated and even talked directly to the players.

Minnesota was not the Europe we wanted, but it was very active. He wanted to make Cho Kyu-sung a franchise role model to revitalize American Major League Soccer (MLS). MLS has risen a lot in league status now. In many cases, they go straight to the big leagues. Now, MLS is thinking of growing the league with young players, not players who are imminently retired. In line with this, Cho Kyu-seong was spotted and the owner or coach actively courted him. After sending the official offer, after knowing that the player or club wanted Europe, they verbally bet that they would give them 5 million dollars and up to 30% cell-on. They even offered to raise it by 50%. (There was also talk of a green card) That is also a fact. As much as the U.S. wanted Cho Kyu-sung, he even said that if he didn't like Minnesota, he would introduce a better club than that. It was a recruitment made at the business level of MLS. However, both players and Jeonbuk ranked first in Europe.

Mainz came last. The contact was made through Lee Jae-seong. It's a little less than what Jeonbuk wanted, but they sent an offer of the corresponding amount. (He said he had a video call with the director) It's not true. Celtic was the only one who made a direct call. (There was also a report that Mainz pulled out) This is also not true. The three teams above met the conditions that we and the club wanted.

-How was the collaboration with Jeonbuk?

▶I had a direct call with director Ji-Sung Park, and we delivered all of our information to the club officials and received feedback. The club's goal was Europe number one. I have had enough communication with the club. We also did our best to meet the needs of Jeonbuk.

- A plan to rent in Jeonbuk after transferring in the winter was also discussed.

▶ Celtic or Mainz did not make such an offer. He had been talking about signing a contract in time for the summer in Spain in advance. Transfer in the winter, play in Jeonbuk for 6 months, and return again in the summer? This is, in fact, impossible by law. It should be a one-year lease, not six months.

-I made good conditions, but the retention became strong.

We do our best to find what the players and clubs want. I can recommend something good, but it's up to the player to accept it. Cho Kyu-sung has heard advice from many places about whether it is better to go now or in the summer. I know that Director Park's advice was also taken into account. If a player wants to go out now, we can do as we have prepared, and if he goes out in the summer, we just have to do as he does now and create many better opportunities. It is my role to do my best.

AussieGreek likes this.
  11. Big C

If GG leaves how long will it take this guy to be fit would be my worry. He hasn’t played since the WC I think. It could be March before we see him which is a long time to rely on one striker. Either way I’d keep GG until the summer.

12. celtic warrior

They will have ample opportunity and time to settle and show their worth.

Fans need to check their expectations on players coming in.

Ange has had to me, without doubt the highest success rate of any celtic manager when making a success of signings joining.

However that shouldn't then mean we are expecting every single signing to come in and immediately just drop into the 11 and perform like those prior to him.

It needs remembering what fand thought of GG thought for about half a season as he struggled to find fitness and scuffing a penalty before eventually coming good.

13. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I get a feeling that his agent are just trying to pull more clubs in. Same bullshit that has been spouted for a couple of weeks. I would move for Oh, and if Celtic get a call from Cho's pathetic agent, then we'll deal with it then. Dont chase this guy because both him and his agent seem ridiculous.

It's no coincidence that the agent and player start to chit chat as fast as we look to move for Oh instead. It's like you're ex starting to text you as fast as you begin to flirt with a new girl.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. Big C

I’m not in anyway having a go at the player, I’m merely pointing out we are vulnerable with one fit striker.

15. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    Had a feeling this would still rumble on for a bit.

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'll review the article in its Korean edition at home and see if the translation matches up.

17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Got to laugh when an agent is trying to force us or other clubs to do more and then when there's noise of another target, they quickly back peddle.

I'd take Cho and Oh all day long. Losing GG will still hurt. I like him a lot.

scuzzy and Skelleto like this.
  18. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

For an agent that said he wont move anywhere last week he sure is talking a lot about Cho moving.

19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye defo lots lost in translation in that article going by previous reports

MickeyyMack likes this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He’s already fit as *

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.