1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cho Gue-sung

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Nov 30, 2022.

Discuss Cho Gue-sung in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny 4692

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Dinny want the * turning up at parkhead with his Gucci satchel and CK budgie smugglers. Wid probably go straight to the Record n moan about the rain as well

2. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    * this guy.

He has toxic, written all over the band on his * Calvin's.

If he joins us, he'll bb acting the * within a season and a half, guaranteed.

We don't need, nor want another Viduka, stinking the squad up with his Billy big baws bullshit.

His agent is another * we need to steer clear of. Agents are money grubbing filth by definition, but this * is levels. Can u imagine we sign Cho, and some half arsed newly promoted EPL team comes sniffing? The * would drag our name through every publication in the land.

* him. * his agent.

Let the * stay at his Micky mouse outfit in Korea, where he can stay up late in his designer pyjamas, with his agent, and watch us in the CL.

3. G40B

We now have one sole striker. We are in no place to be turning our noses up at Cho, particularly given Kyogo’s erratic form.

Taylor1 likes this.
  4. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Fair enough if folk think it's dragged on. But he hasn't been, that I can see anyway, disrespectful to the Club. Ange even said himself last week what has been going on in terms of transfers. Since Cho is in Europe for a training camp, who's to say there isn't a meeting in place to come look at celtic Park, possible have a discussion.

I just don't see why all the animosity

5. Danny 4692

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Big Chogey bear is probably raging we're in for his pal Oh and thought * that no letting Oh steal my thunder. Would be funny if we signed Oh and he turned out be class scoring in the CL etc and takes Cho's place in the national team

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    What a * attitude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Hahaha. I was waiting for him to sign to post that!

8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    The animosity comes directly from his lack of self awareness, his attitude, and his disrespect.

No one had heard of this clown up until 6 months ago.

He and his agent, and his club, have been flapping their gums since day one. Mainz are now out. That has been established.
    He previously stated he wanted Mainz, as they wanted him the most. Apparently we didn't love him enough.
    He also stated that if he didn't get to go to Mainz in this window, he'd stay with Jokebuk, or whatever the * they're called, and wait for the summer.
    Now he's back angling for another move now that Mainz will obviously look elsewhere in this window, * his summer move to them.

We've been plan b, possibly even c for this guy. Fine.
    But he and his agent should know when to shut the * up. He's also now claiming he doesn't want to play for his place against "fit" teammates if he does move.

He's been * us about since the get go.

9. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    Such a * tease that fella huh?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

10. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Don't see it as angrily as you then. I see someone who doesn't have a Scooby and being mismanaged.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I respect your viewpoint. Yes, the player/his agent have said too much, and it hurt their position. Hyeon-gyu Oh has been simple in his statement, for example. He wants to go to Europe, and we're the only ones to show interest.

But, I'd agree with @greengrocer . He hasn't broken any known deals with us. He's had 3 clubs that showed major interest. Believing he can unite with his close friend, he probably preferred Mainz. Never said he wanted Mainz openly, but he admitted to have been contacted by their manager. So, they courted him. Him yielding to the advice of Korean ex footballers who are officials at his club then happened. Mainz have pulled out, and the battle in his mind is not resolved yet.

He's shown indecisiveness, rather than disrespect. I fully accept that you are irritated by that, too. I would personally opt for the younger striker he's friends with. He did not have doubts (TBF, we bid, and nobody else), and we should see if his club would let him go now, without asking for a loan back.
    But, should Ange insist on Jo, we're kind of not in a position to rage. If GG goes, someone will have to replace him. We can't be choosers, and neither can Jo, at this stage. Or Oh, for that matter.

Perhaps the combination of Mainz pulling out and GG about to leave provided the motivation, or a slap to Jo's senses that he's been in need of.

greengrocer likes this.
  12. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Sorry mate. I see pure disrespect.

He's had every opportunity to shut the door on this, and say no. But instead we're still on hold on the other end of the phone,so to speak, whist reports claim his agent offered him to 3 EPL clubs.

He's * us about no end.

I'll be genuinely GUTTED if he comes here.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    These reports were started by a British site (90mins?). Korean media picked this up, but the timing is oddly suspect. If the agent had been offering him around, then the time to do it would have been before Jeonbuk said Jo is staying. If one wants to start a bidding war, then you do it when bids start to come, and not when the water has doused rumors. Also, the interview of Jo mentioned EPL as the "final" goal.

On the other hand- we're the fastest route to EPL- any agent can tell him that. Either way, I could see Ange having crossed him off the list. From having TC on collective *, he's made himself into a villain. Even I, an avid lover of Koreans and Japanese, a speaker of both languages, have to admit Jo * up.

14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s the moany bit of his statement that alarm bells ringing he doesn’t want to come in Jan because he thinks he will struggle for match sharpness against other players who are fit pure lack of confidence in himself first of all he doesn’t go straight into the team unless someone is injured he was always gonna have to have couple of games on bench before starting regardless if he’s fit or not

15. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's goanny be some laugh in here when he signs and starts banging them in, the backtracking will be something to behold :56:

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I agree the match sharpness thing isn't a strong excuse. Ange has brought in 5 Japanese players in the winter period where most aren't fully fit, because there was a big mid-season break. Jo or Oh would be subject to the same fitness programme as the Japanese- I think we're prepared for more East Asian signings as a club, should they occur.

Ultimately, Jo is 24- soon 25. He wants playing time to reach his potential. The fear he has is that he'll rot his prime away on the bench. He could also fail to realize his potential by staying in Korea longer than he'd like. But he's had no cheek/guts to tell his club he's leaving, and now...his negotiating position has worsened.

Lord knows if GG will leave (unhappy, but Ange saying he's not leaving). But if he is offski, then our position worsens. It is entirely possible that Jo has been keeping tabs on us, to see if we have a striker vacancy soon. And I can't fault him for that, if it's true.

One thing that's certain: we're hard to please as a fan base. Wlodarczyk wants to leave Poland in his first pro season- people are worried. Jo isn't sure what to do, or where to go, maybe showing "weakness" by hoping to join a friend- a * off storm erupts.:56:

17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

We're very much in the "* or get off the pot" stages of Cho Gue-Sung's proposed Celtic move this month.

It's become a bit of a saga for the Hoops as they seek a new striker and that's perhaps not an issue associated with Ange Postecoglou's tenure as the Australian clearly likes to get his business done nice and quickly. Cho knows there is plenty of interest in his services and he's in no rush to leave Jeonbuk, that's pretty clear to see.

But Postecoglou has made it unequivocally clear he only wants players at Parkhead who'd give their right arm to join the club, and Cho certainly doesn't seem to fit that bill.

We at Football Scotland told you recently that Mainz in Germany was his desired Euro destination as international pal Lee Jae-sung was there. The fact that the Bundesliga club pulled out of the race to spend the cash on the player - and he STILL mentions them as his favoured club - doesn't bode well.

The 24-year-old is humming and hawing, he obviously doesn't want to waste an opportunity to leave his home country for European football, but he's dragging his heels where Celtic are concerned. That's simply not good enough for a player who, sure, burst onto the scene at the World Cup, but doesn't necessarily look like a world-beating superstar.

Fans are already beginning to grumble and groan any time his name pops up and that's not the start of a marriage built to last.

Then there's the little issue of Giorgos Giakoumakis' expected exit this month.

The Greek has been a brilliant signing for the champions and his goal-scoring exploits will be a serious miss considering he finished top scorer last season despite still finding himself behind Kyogo in the pecking order.

If he leaves, as expected, within the next week or so, Celtic will find themselves in a really awkward, uncomfortable position. Kyogo would then be the only recognised striker in the first-team and it could then become a bit of a rush, a farcical rush, for the league leaders to bring in a new frontman having been in a position of strength previously.

How long does the club give before they bin the Cho option and turn their attention to someone else?

Casper Tengstedt was a target but he's now at Benfica. Szymon Włodarczyk was also on the shortlist but the delay from Celts to pull the trigger has allowed other interested parties to juke the queue.

If Cho doesn't fancy a move to Glasgow, that's fine. There have been players to reject that switch in the past, there'll be more in the future.

But it's time to make a decision. Time to stop mucking about. Ange has never done it before, they can't start now.

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Can't wait to see this lad and Nisbet up front ripping the huns apart in the league Cup final:fear::ange2:

Hammy89 likes this.
  19. TheHappyLoss

Stand by that his social media suggests he is a self absorbed walloper. If he scores loads of goals for us I will backtrack with every ounce of my being and worship him like a * .

Double Dutch and PaddyJamieson like this.
  20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Commercial reasons even for himself coming to us is a no brainer his wealth nearly doubles in regards to currency like a was saying about the Japanese a McDonald’s is nearly double the price here than in Japan so can imagine what Korea is like ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.