1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cho Gue-sung

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Nov 30, 2022.

Discuss Cho Gue-sung in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Could he seem any less interested in coming here?

"I don't know if I'll go now or the summer" when by all accounts there's an offer on the table from us.

Really suprised Ange is pandering to him given his comments on only wanting players who want to be here.

Time to move on and tell him to * off.

Still don't believe he's anywhere near as good as the guy he's replacing anyway

Taylor1 and Skelleto like this.
  2. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's whoring himself out to other clubs like he is some big time Charlie.
    We don't need guys like that at our club.

Ryanm1984 and Skelleto like this.
  3. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It amazes me how many of our fans can find negatives in anything. Seriously, try and look at it in a more positive light…

He apparently has offers from three clubs (us, Mainz and Minnesota). Two of those clubs absolutely definitively want to (and importantly can) bring him in right now. The other club (us) might have to wait until summer.

Now couple that with the fact he’s publicly stated his admiration for how we’ve utilised the Asian market. Is there not actually an extremely strong argument that he is in fact desperate to come here and willing to knock back the other offers and wait until summer if that’s what is required? :39:

craigtheceltic and littlekennie like this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    How comes the work permit for him could be a problem?

I don't get how it all works. I thought we were able to shop anywhere and be better off in the current climate..

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:giggle1:

Taylor1 likes this.
  6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.chosun.com/sports/football/2023/01/12/TKGKQQXBPRAUHFEONTMH7ND6PE/

Foregate Jo Gyu-sung, Possibility of overseas transfer “I will come to the K-League trophy”

Jeonbuk Hyundai manager Kim Sang-sik, who is aiming to recapture the top of the professional soccer K-League 1 (Part 1), expressed his regret, "I don't want to send it honestly" regarding the possibility of striker Cho Gyu-sung's overseas transfer.

On the 12th, coach Kim talked about Jo Gyu-sung, who is being discussed about the possibility of overseas expansion at the 2023 K-League Winter Cell Training Media Camp held at Jeonbuk Hyundai Club House in Bong-eup, Wanju-gun, Jeollabuk-do.

"It's true that Jo Gyu-sung has played a good performance at the Qatar World Cup, and there are actually proposals to recruit from several clubs with a lot of interest," Kim said. "I'm talking with a consensus to find a team that can succeed and see when it's time."

He said, "It's my wish to go (this year) summer, but I can't just fulfil my greed. I am contemplating. We are coordinating the timing with a team that can satisfy each other," he added. There is a possibility of leaving for the winter transfer market right now.

Jo Gyu-sung made a single rise to stardom by scoring a multi-sm against Ghana at the 2022 Qatar World Cup last year. The handsome appearance made many female fans excited.

The German Bundesliga has emerged as a number of overseas clubs, including Mainz, Scottish Celtics and American Major League Soccer (MLS).

Regarding the situation that the possibility of a signboard striker has increased his departure, coach Kim said, "As a manager, I have a desire for a good player. It's a bit disappointing to send a good player. Honestly, I don't want to send it," he said, "When I scored two goals in the Canna game, I honestly liked it, but I was proud of the battle," he said.

Even so, "I can't fulfil my greed. It's because we have to look at the future of the players," he said, "I don't think it's going to take much time. It's not a matter of saying 'it's done now,' or 'it's not done'."

7. PaddyJamieson

Imagine making any assumptions from any of these mental translations anyway :giggle1:

8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    when did the work permit become an issue

9. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail

Bored of this * now ha

10. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    * this dude

He's an attention seeking *, and Glasgow ain't the place for him to strut on a red carpet in front to advertising boards.

We should withdraw immediately imo.

Taylor1 likes this.
  11. PaddyJamieson

Not to harp on again on my last point, but so many * assumptions are being made about all this, about the player, the club, our own dealings etc. I get we're all eager to see some activity but * *, we need to chill out :giggle1:

I trust things are in hand and will not be assuming anything about the player based on those batshit translations about fulfilling greed. If there are issues, they are being worked on, and we'll find out soon enough. If he ends up here I assume it's because he wants to be here, and if he doesn't, he doesn't.

Now to spend 5 minutes doing something else before refreshing this page again...

12. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    "The transfer fee is also important to me. The transfer fee measures how much the club or team wants me. The higher I go, the more I think I have to work harder."

What a stupid thing to say :56: move on please! That quote alone makes him a total *

honda, Blochairnbhoy and Taylor1 like this.
  13. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Gonna be some backtracking on this thread if he signs...
    :ange2:

14. StevieBhoooy!

Is this on or off?

15. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Off by the looks of it.

16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://n.news.naver.com/sports/kfo...ZgNrZkusECpmJyHkvei0udpYypQGFMDtKtt0E7xlbJAnk

Cho Kyu-sung said he would quickly make a decision to move abroad. Baek Seung-ho also did not hide his desire to move abroad.

On the 12th, the Korea Professional Football Federation held the 'Hana One Q K League 2023' winter field training media camp at the Jeonbuk Hyundai Clubhouse located in Bong-dong, Wanju-gun, Jeollabuk-do. Jeonbuk Hyundai participated in the first round and met with the media.

Cho Kyu-seong, who rose to stardom at the World Cup, is currently receiving love calls from overseas clubs. The teams mentioned are Minnesota United, Mainz, and Celtic, a total of three teams. All of them are known to have made official proposals to Jeonbuk.

In an official interview, Cho Kyu-seong, who is training, answered the rumor of a transfer to Europe, saying, "I'm thinking about various things. I received advice from director Park Ji-sung, coach Kim Sang-shik, and the players. It would be better to choose as soon as possible."

Baek Seung-ho, who also attended the interview together, also shared his thoughts on advancing to Europe. Baek Seung-ho said, "I think everyone would want to experience and compete abroad. I scored a goal in the World Cup and played in the game. There is nothing specific, but I think it is important to focus on Jeonbuk. If an offer comes later, I will think about it carefully."

Below is the full text of the interview with Cho Kyu-seong and Baek Seung -ho -How

do you feel about the new season?

Cho Kyu-sung: 22 was a very meaningful and happy year. What resolutions will you make in 23? I think this year will be better than last year. I will look good.

Baek Seung-ho: Last year, we couldn't win the league unfortunately. A lot of good players came, but I want to present 3 crowns to the fans.

- The rumor of overseas transfer continues to come out.

Cho Kyu-sung: First of all, I will always do my best in the given position. It hasn't been decided yet. I will do my best in the given position.

- There are specific transfer rumors from Europe. How did you convey your heart?

Cho Kyu-seong: There were many articles, so I read a lot. I haven't heard anything specific. I’m still worried about specific plans, whether it’s better to go in January or transfer in the summer. I’m communicating with director Park Ji-sung and agents.

-What advice did director Park Ji-sung give?

Cho Kyu-seong: Director Park Ji-sung told me that it was only natural for players to be respected. Apparently, many players who went out during the winter had a hard time. He said he would do better in the summer if he went out better prepared.

-What is your current physical condition?

Cho Kyu-seong: After the World Cup, I was very busy with broadcasting and media schedules. There are many national team players in Jeonbuk. I am still checking my physical condition. It's a condition that needs to be exercised.

-The head coach of Mainz openly said he wanted Cho Kyu-sung. Have you been contacted personally?

Cho Kyu-seong: We keep in touch through an agent.

-It is unknown how long the effect of the World Cup will last, and the ransom is highly likely to fluctuate.

Cho Kyu-seong: All players want to go out the same when such a good opportunity comes. If I don't go in the winter, the teams may not want me now in the summer, and the ransom may drop. I'm thinking about how best to do it.

- I think you have a great desire to go out on the European stage again.

Baek Seung-ho: I think everyone would want to experience and compete abroad. He scored goals and participated in matches at the World Cup. There is nothing specific, but I think it is important to focus on Jeonbuk right now. If an offer comes up later, I'll think about it.

-What kind of advice do players give?

Cho Kyu-sung: I think everyone thinks differently. Hong Jeong-ho, Lee Dong-jun, and Kim Jin-soo all tried to win. Some players say it's better to go out now, while others think it's better to prepare well and play the season in the summer. In the end, I guess I'll have to make a choice.

- What are the criteria for selection?

Cho Kyu-seong: We are considering various aspects. If you go in the winter, all the players will be preparing. I'm resting and now I'm lifting my body up. You have to hit 100% right away, but you have to see how competitive you are. As a player, you have to run the game. I wonder how competitive it will be. I think it's cool. I wonder how long they can wait.

-I had a lot of experiences after the World Cup. What was the most fun?

Cho Gyu-seong: The photo shoot was the most fun. I haven't played much other than football. It is an experience that can only be done now. It was fun doing that part and I met a lot of good people. I thought I should play soccer hard.

What does the goal against Brazil mean?

Baek Seung-ho: It was such an honor just to go to the World Cup. In a situation where I missed two games, I tried to set another goal. All the players who couldn't run the game were well prepared. The chance came and I was thankful and meaningful because I was lucky to score a goal. Thanks to that, I gained a lot of confidence.

-What did you say to Jo Kyu-sung?

Baek Seung-ho: I have nothing to advise. He briefly shared his personal thoughts. Regardless of winter or summer, players were told to go whenever they wanted. Gyuseong told me to do what is comfortable and fits well. I don't necessarily like summer or winter. He thinks that if he has a good manager, he should go when he wants.

- I don't think it's realistic to see the transfer fee go up.

Cho Kyu-seong: The transfer fee is also important to me. The transfer fee measures how much the club or team wants me. The higher I go, the more I think I have to work harder.

-Do you have a favorite European league?

Cho Kyu-sung: I've been thinking about it for a long time. As a player, I think you set your final goal and go. Every player wants to go to the Premier League. I think it's right to go to the growing stage.

- What did you grow a lot from last season?

Baek Seung-ho: I played more games than when I was in Europe. Thanks to that, I gained a lot of experience while joining the national team. My sense of game and stamina have improved a lot. I received a lot of help because I have the same position as the director. has grown in many ways.

-What kind of advice did Lee Jae-seong give you?

Cho Kyu-seong: He didn't specifically say 'I can run'. Jaesung also communicates with hyung a lot. Jaehyung also spoke in a vague manner. He said he had to compete wherever he went. Since he is close to Mainz, he told me how much the club wants him. I am grateful and fortunate to have Jaesung hyung.

-Have you talked to director Kim Sang-shik?

Cho Kyu-seong: Director Park Ji-sung seems to have similar thoughts. He said that if I wanted that stage, he would respect that choice. I am also grateful to the director. It won't be easy to think like that.

- How long do you think you will have to make a decision?

Kyu-Sung Cho: Decisions must be made as soon as possible. You have to prepare for the season here and adapt to it when you go. If you stay here, you should prepare well for winter training. The sooner the better.

-Leave the field training in Spain. Baek Seung-ho seems to have a different feeling.

Baek Seung-ho: It feels like going home. Also ask a lot Barcelona’s first-team physical coach has loved him since his youth days and is a close friend. He said that when the time comes, let's have a bite to eat. I have a good relationship with the players and coaching staff I lived with, and I am in touch.

-I wanted to talk about my European experience again.

Baek Seung-ho: I think players who can't solve the military problem are aiming for it. It's natural to want to run. It depends on how you prepare for the season. It is right to prepare well for the season first.

- Ahn Deok-soo's trainer controversy. He has an opinion on whether he fits the Football Association position. He says personal trainers are also a trend, but that's my opinion.

Cho Kyu-seong: I didn't see the entrance statement. Personal trainers are good. If you are a player, you have your side and your body is your life. I think it's better to have at least one person who knows your body well if you need it rather than saying it's absolutely necessary. When I go abroad, I often do that to strengthen my body. Those who know their bodies best think they need it.

- You are in the process of appointing the national team coach. What the players want.

Baek Seung-ho: In this World Cup, you can show good performances and preparations. there was. . It's because we prepared together. It would be nice if the next coach also prepares with philosophy.

Cho Kyu-sung: We all have the same idea. Many people doubted Bento's philosophy, but he showed it with good performance. I may or may not be selected for the national team again. I think it would be nice if it was a director who has a philosophy and has a firm style of his own. It is an honor to work with such a director. It's so much fun to get to know your style. I think playing together will be an opportunity to learn more about soccer.

- What are your strengths that can work in the big leagues?

Cho Kyu-sung: There are so many things I want to improve on. What I can do well is the aerial competition and the ability to own the ball that I showed at the World Cup. I am thinking and considering the coach and team that fit this.

-You said treble was your goal.

Baek Seung-ho: I'm looking forward to the players who came this year. I think that if you prepare well as you are used to, you will be able to bring about good results.

- I heard harsh words as the manager of a rival team. What are your resolutions for the head-to-head match against Ulsan?

Baek Seung-ho: I only read the article, but I didn't say anything about it. It seems that everyone has their own position. Director, I think there is Amano's position. Since Amano is our player, I think it is right to help him adapt well.

17. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    This is what happens when you go for players who have multiple suitors. It's no like the majority of the Japanese lads who we were able to nab with no hassle because we were the only club making any moves.

Even big GG last summer dragged on a bit as he assessed options, visiting Bremen's training ground etc. Don't get why folk are spitting the dummy over how long a young guy from South Korea is taking to make a life changing decision, and that's only if half the quotes and pishy headlines are even true and well interpreted.

JC Anton likes this.
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It shouldn’t be we applied for it in December on a provisional basis, it requires the national body endorsement but that can only be granted once the transfer is approved on the TMS (FIFA system) and we are quickly running out of time on it

19. StevieBhoooy!

The good old Scottish sports media back to full service and saying our ‘city rivals’ are in for him as well.

:drag:

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It should be noted that Giakoumakis actually visted (Werder) Bremen training grounds. We thought it was a no-go for us. Jo's agent stated that a decision would be made this weekend. It better be. Right now, from reading the translated stuff, I can glean the following: he's afraid of a winter transfer because some other Koreans did a move in winter, and failed. I'll see if I can analyze some articles in Korean and check for the possibility that something has been mis-translated. My Korean is low-intermediate, but I at least know some traits of the language that might hinder translation, and can at least check for secondary meanings of words etc.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.