1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cho Gue-sung

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Nov 30, 2022.

Discuss Cho Gue-sung in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Not impressed with the protracted contract talks.
    Not impressed with his videos.
    How long do we pander to this circus?

Surely he cant be the only Cho in town:fear:

seamus1967, Artorias and Skelleto like this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Perhaps, but other players have said it before. Other players have said it whilst already signed for us and having barely kicked a baw.

It doesn't really bother me. Means he has ambition and if he comes here for two years and scores 50 goals and wins us another 2 titles then I'm not arsed.

I'm pretty comfortable with the fact now that we aren't the be all and end all for players. Its fair that it's not a great thing to say but also different cultures, lost in translation etc perhaps. We move.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  3. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Patience. If it wasn’t for work permit issues, he’d be here already (and I don’t think he’d be the only South Korean either).

If he’s keen to move in this window (which he is) and there’s an outside chance that we can’t sign him due to work permit issues (which there is), then can his club and his agent really be blamed for lining up alternatives?

4. Foley1888

Out of interest do you know is this just the time it’s taking to get a work permit or there are issues with him getting one?

He seems to have a number of caps (20) and was in their current World Cup squad for a fairly well ranked international side (25th according to the FIFA website).

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  5. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Yes. As usual that statement has been sensationalised when in reality it isn’t that big a deal and shows at least that he has ambition to be a quality player.

6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Would be worried if his goal was to get to the Scottish Premiership and stay. Every player we sign and probably most of our youth who are Celtic fans will want to make it to the EPL. Tierney/Doak for example.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://n.news.naver.com/sports/kfootball/article/108/0003120822
    Cho Kyu-seong (25, Jeonbuk Hyundai), who is receiving a love call from Europe, said, "I'm thinking about a better way, whether it's good to go to Europe in January or transfer in the summer."

Cho Kyu-seong met with reporters at the 2023 K-League Winter Field Training Media Camp held at the Jeonbuk Hyundai Clubhouse in Wanju, Jeonbuk on the 12th and said, "I'm contemplating the timing of a European transfer while talking and communicating with director Park Ji-sung and coach Kim Sang-shik."

Cho Kyu-sung, who emerged as a top star through the last World Cup in Qatar, has recently been receiving love calls from European clubs such as Germany's Mainz, Scotland's Celtic, and Rangers. Local news came out that not only Europe but also Minnesota in the United States want to recruit Cho Kyu-sung.

Cho Kyu-sung explained, "I've seen many articles, but I haven't heard anything concrete yet."

"Not only me, but any player will have the same desire to go to Europe as soon as a good opportunity comes," he said. It can be improved. Considering all aspects, we are thinking about how to do it most effectively.”

As the final goal, he chose the stage of the English Premier League (EPL). "In the end, I think that if you are a player, you set your final goal and go. All players will want to go to the EPL," he said. think," he said.

He said, "There are players who have to advance now within the team regarding the timing of the transfer, and there are players who have to prepare for the season together with the squad in the summer. They are all so different," he said. I guess it will." He smiled.

Cho Kyu-seong said, "I always think of doing my best in the given position. Whether it's in the K-League or overseas, it's not decided yet, so I'm thinking about it comfortably every day." "I will do my best in the given position.

8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Is there any difference with obtaining a work permit for Japanese player than South Korean? Is there an agreement to process them quicker for Japan than South Korea cause we don’t seem to * about with any of the players from Japan.

also if it takes longer around 8 weeks did you say a while back, please correct me if this isn’t the case then why haven’t we sorted our bid out again like the other players we have signed and boxed off already.

Just have bad feelings about this deal like him and his team are using us a bait to get a bigger club involved.

9. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I might be wrong here but I'm sure the UK and Japanese governments have a trade deal and so it's much easier to process their work permits.

Ziggy and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  10. DonnyCelt

I think he wants to move to Mainz, dunno if they'll stump up for him though. Not sure he's actually bothered about coming here.

11. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    With Cho, I believe it’s just a timing issue. With the others, I believe there are doubts on them actually getting a work permit.
    I believe the permits for Japanese workers are processed quicker due to international relations but not 100% on that.

In any event, Kobayashi and Iwata’s permits were applied for further in advance. We’ve been told 8 weeks, but fingers crossed for sooner.

12. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We're getting played.

13. DonnyCelt

@McGrory1888 are we still expecting a decision by the weekend?

14. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Or are we playing, to freely move on other targets while media report on this one? :fear::fear::fear:

Taylor1 likes this.
  15. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    To the best of my knowledge, we never were.

16. DonnyCelt

@McGrory1888 *, my bad. Sure I read somewhere that his club were hopeful of an outcome by the weekend.

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I don’t think we would put in a concrete bid if we knew their would be permit problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    No worries. Think the (Scottish?) media had reported that but I think it’s just sensationalist guesswork tbh.

DonnyCelt and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  19. celtic20

Ange won't be happy with how public this has become.

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I think the Scottish media conduct on this story has been shocking tbh quoting numbers from other teams which turned out to be a lot of * basically having to get news from media out with our country aswell to know the other sides are out of the running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.