1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Ryan himself told me when he got drunk on Pulse cider and got me to swear that I'd never tell anyone, ha ha the joke's on him!

The Phoenix likes this.
  2. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Always thought there was something naive about him.

Get it up the wee * I'm spreading that round the group chat whether he likes it or not.

Twisty and World Champion like this.
  3. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Former Celtic midfielder Ryan Christie looks set to land Celtic another £1m due to a ‘survival clause’ in his Bournemouth deal a source has told CeltsAreHere. This news is music to the ears of the Parkhead club and the Bhoys in green, who have been watching their former star’s progress in the English Premier League with interest.
    The Scottish international left Celtic in the summer of 2021, not long after Ange Postecoglou was hired as the new Celtic boss. The Hoops got a small fee from the Championship side at the time, but it’s clear that the addons in Christie’s contract were always going to be pivotal.

Celtic received £1m when Bournemouth were promoted to the English Premier League, and now look set to land another £1m due to their impressive performance this season. The English club has put space between themselves and the drop after beating Southampton on Thursday evening. While they’re not safe yet, Bournemouth are in a good position going into the final part of the season.

This news will no doubt be greeted with delight by Celtic if the money does come in. Michael Nicholson will have been keeping a close eye on Christie’s progress since he left the club. The midfielder was a fan favourite during his time at Parkhead, and his departure was a blow to the Bhoys in green when Ange was looking to rebuild

But the silver lining to that is we continue to profit from the deal which can go straight into Ange Postecoglou’s coffers for the summer transfer window. The Australian coach has already made some shrewd signings in his time at Celtic, and the additional funds will no doubt help him to strengthen the squad further.

As for Christie, his time at Bournemouth has been something of a mixed bag. He has been in and out of the team this season, and his performances have been somewhat inconsistent. But there’s no doubt that he has the talent to succeed at the highest level, and his former club will be delighted to see him doing well.

4. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

He would have done well in Ange’s system I think.

Still, couldn’t stand him for a period during that disaster Covid season. He could be a really greedy * too.

5. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    "Fan favourite"

Which fan?

James Mc and FranceCelt like this.
  6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Did it not turn out that was partly down to Lennon's instructions?

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yeah he was instructed to shoot on sight.

NomDePlum likes this.
  8. FrankMcCallum

I heard the revenue lost on match balls was the reason we couldn’t offer Forster a permanent deal.

9. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The ones that got a free matchball every match :ange2::56:

10. celtic warrior

Just skimming through the forum and passing time.

Came into this thread and would 100% agree with you.

I think in the early days before he was sold you could see the Christie that was full of energy and ability and seemed to immediately flourish under Ange.

He'd have been a great component of Ange's style of play I bet, because I dare say, that he's nowhere near as pacey, but he's got the stamina to rival Maeda