1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cho Gue-sung

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Nov 30, 2022.

Discuss Cho Gue-sung in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=202301110100063780007457&ServiceDate=20230110#_enliple#_ace
    Sports Chosun Reporter Yoon Jin-man] Recruitment proposals for 'pretty boy striker' Cho Kyu-seong (25, Jeonbuk) are arriving in Jeonju one after another. In addition to the two clubs in Europe known to the world through local media, Celtic in Scotland and Mainz in Germany, Minnesota United in the United States are actively courting him.

An official in the transfer market said on the 10th, "Minnesota is putting its life and death on the recruitment of Cho Kyu-sung. I know that the manager (Adrian Heath), who was an Everton legend, asked the club to bring Cho Kyu-sung unconditionally. I gave you an unconventional offer to get it."

According to this official, Minnesota verbally presented Jeonbuk with a transfer fee of '5 million dollars (approximately 6.2 billion won) + a (a condition that Jeonbuk receives a certain percentage of the amount when transferring to another team)' over the weekend. It is a condition that is higher than the offer presented last month, far exceeding the level of 3 million pounds (approximately 4.5 billion won) set by Celtic and Mainz. If '+a', a kind of 'Sell-on', is met, it is close to the amount requested by Jeonbuk.

Minnesota's carrot is not just high transfer fees. The Minnesota club promised to issue green cards to the entire family of Kyu-Sung Cho. A green card refers to a card that guarantees permanent residence and employment in the United States. Here, he offered a higher salary than Europe and promised to actively support his advancement into Europe.

Minnesota ranked 6th and 11th overall in the American Professional Football (MLS) Western League in the 2022 season. Performance fell compared to the 2020 season and 2021 season, which took 4th and 5th place in the Western League, respectively. No striker has ever scored in double digits. Paraguay national team Luis Amalia scored 9 goals.

This is the background for Heath, who played an active role as an attacker in Everton and Man City in the 1980s and 1990s, in search of a 'sure killer' during the winter break. Coach Heath was fascinated by Cho Kyu-seong, who won the top scorer in the K-League 1 last season and scored the first Korean multi-goal against Ghana in the 2022 Qatar World Cup. It is said that he plans to use it as the main striker in the MLS 2023 season, which opens at the end of February.

2. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

He’ll be off to USA then. Oh well

3. Lochlin Mcghee

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of honour
    So Minnesota is offering a green card to everyone of his family lol. Ye cany compete with that. It changes his whole life and families life outwith football. Real did similar with odegards dad by offering him a job im sure.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  4. Darksel

Yeah no way this goes anywhere else now. That's a fantastic deal for them.

5. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    We can offer free CATB gigs at barrowlands much better deal surely

Lochlin Mcghee likes this.
  6. Lochlin Mcghee

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of honour
    Its definitely a head turner that's for sure. If his parents have anything to do with it then thats where he will go now.

7. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    yep I think minnesota's * us

8. DonnyCelt

I think I'm getting to the point now where this isn't going to happen and we should just move on.

Big Shoes and PaddyJamieson like this.
  9. Sgt Neppers*

Need to move on. Seems like he's holding out for something, I don't what. But Celtic isn't offering it. If we were, there wouldn't be a lot to ponder over and a deal could be agreed quickly with the club.

When you consider who's after you, Celtic, Mainz and Minnesota, the offer of money, show casing your ability for furthering your career and image rights. I would see Celtic ahead of the other clubs. If that isn't enough...what is?!

10. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I dont get the hype at all with this guy. Would take Casper Tengstedt over him every day of the week. Not a overly impressive goalscoring record in a very poor league, and he did not really impress me in the WC even though i watched all their games. Strange one for me in all honesty.

Sure he looks a unit, and he probably have potential, but if we want to replace GG we need to go for better.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    His parents must be in their 50-s. Coming from a place totally different to America. Would they abandon everything in Korea for a country riddled with crime?
    And a green card isn't equal to getting a job. If Jo somehow goes to Minnesota, it'll be him on his own. And because he's been offered insane wages on the level of what Newcastle can pay now.
    Which Minnesota won't offer. Besides, he's stated many times he wants to go to Europe.

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That’s that then, he didn’t want to move to America but that will most likely change now onto plan B

13. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Tengstdt isn't happening.. Rosenborg recently said it would take a insane bid for them to sell this winter.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  14. horseshoe

Is offering a green card really that big a deal? It's not like Korea is some impoverished shithole his family would want to get out of and would instantly improve their quality of life by going to America.

15. DonnyCelt

Tbf their offer is like a little something out of Still Game.

"It's a colibri lighter.........refillable"

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  16. G40B

Lol.

It’s definitely not Lawwell’s fault, it’s all on America’s immigration policy!!

Beyond parody.

17. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Not sure about that. South Korea has a high standard of living, it's not like it's a poor country.

Hammy89, NomDePlum and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Noticed there's some people in the comments disputing the green card thing

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  19. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Dragging on but I don't think he'll go to America the common trend with signings when they're asked when they found out about Celtics interest it's always months before esp with Alistair Johnston I suspect this broke very fast and the wait could be normal we've just got it very early as mcgrory said he'd be very surprised if this didn't happen

Sent from my CPH2375 using Tapatalk

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He wants to go to Europe and play in the champions league but the yanks have offered his whole family a green card to move to that shithole of a country. That'll be that then..

Lol..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.