1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cho Gue-sung

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Nov 30, 2022.

Discuss Cho Gue-sung in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Lest we forget Souza :90:

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Sums my opinion up too.

3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    You sticking your reputation on it?

4. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not quite. Yet.
    I have a reputation? :39:

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Oh, you don't know?

6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    You better call somebody!!!!!

Sorry poor Wrestling joke there

7. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Don't give me hope :56::67:

8. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Road dog and billy gunn approves!

Ziggy and littlekennie like this.
  9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

10. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Ffs these SK clubs are alot more difficult to deal with than the Japanese. I'm assuming their season is finished now so why wait until the summer

Hammy89 likes this.
  12. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://v.daum.net/v/BEXxdTyPpM
    Cho Kyu-sung side, "I want to go out even in the winter while I am negotiating the transfer with Celtic."

Fans are very interested in when Cho Kyu-seong, the top star born at the Qatar World Cup, will advance to the European stage. Cho Kyu-seong, who emerged as a surprise star by scoring two goals in the World Cup finals for the first time in Korean football history in the second group match against Ghana, has emerged as a matter of great concern as to when he will advance to the European stage.

Cho Kyu-sung's agent said, "Currently, we are discussing with the Scottish Celtic club." At the same time, he said, “It would be nice for us to go out (even in winter),” indicating that he would like to move the team to Europe in the winter transfer window in January at the earliest. At the same time, he said, “I wonder if there will be an offer for at least two new teams within a week or two,” saying that European teams are continuing to court Cho.

As much as it is receiving such hot attention, it seems that Cho Kyu-sung's European trip will be decided by next weekend at the latest. Cho Kyu-Sung's side has a desire to take on a new challenge right away based on his performance in this World Cup.

It is known that the clubs that are currently interested in Cho are Celtic of Scotland, Fenerbaffe of Turkey, and Stade Rennes of France. Some domestic media, citing local reports from Turkey, are putting out reports that Cho Kyu-sung's trip to Galatasaray is imminent and that he will be leaving for Turkey soon, but Cho Kyu-sung's agent denies that this is not true.

As for the ransom (transfer fee) of Cho Kyu-sung, the exact amount of the transfer fee cannot be disclosed, but foreign media speculate that the current market value of Cho Kyu-sung is around 2.2 million pounds (approximately 3.3 billion won in our money). The fact that his ransom has more than quadrupled in just one year shows how hot Jeonbuk's Cho Kyu-seong is getting attention.

Jeonbuk Hyundai, "Summer is less time to organize a new team than winter"

Cho Kyu-seong's team, Jeonbuk Hyundai Club, is showing a different movement from the player side. The player side wants to advance to Europe right away, but the club side thinks that it is better to transfer in the summer rather than this winter for the future of the player.

Heo Byeong-gil, CEO of Jeonbuk Hyundai, said, "Considering many things, I think I'm talking with Cho Kyu-seong, saying, 'Isn't it better to go in when forming a new team rather than adapting to a team that has already been formed?" In other words, it means that the summer transfer market in July and August, when the team is entering a new season, is better for a soft landing in Europe than being transfused while the season is in full swing.

CEO Huh's thoughts are a statement concerned about the situation in which some players, such as Lee Dong-jun and Lee Dong-kyung of Ulsan, moved their team to the German Bundesliga in the winter transfer market and failed to adapt, making a U-turn to Korea. Of course, Lee Dong-jun and Lee Dong-kyung had a hard time adapting to the German stage due to overlapping injuries, and Lee Dong-jun eventually returned to Jeonbuk Hyundai after a year.

CEO Heo continued, "It's been a long time since an offer came from Celtic, and the transfer fee is also lower than the club thought, so I'm thinking about it." From the team's point of view, this can be read as meaning that they cannot hand over a rising superstar to a foreign club at a low price. It means that Jeonbuk will handle the transfer of Cho Kyu-seong carefully, as it has never done a losing business while transferring many domestic stars such as Lee Jae-sung and Kim Min-jae overseas.

In the end, it's just a matter of whether it's this winter or summer, and Cho Kyu-sung's trip to Europe is becoming a fait accompli. The player wants to take on a new challenge right away, and the club wants to send the player out after Cho Kyu-seong serves for the success of the K-League and team performance. Cho Kyu-sung's contract with Jeonbuk ends at the end of 2025, with three years left. Indeed, it is expected that the next destination will be confirmed within this month at the earliest, or within the summer at the latest, where Cho Kyu-sung's new challenge stage will be.

13. The Celtbot

Looks like there may be some interest from the MLS?

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Probably be teams Like LAFC who can offer him good pay

INFORMATION | For Cho Gue-sung, which Galatasaray is also interested in, offers from MLS came to his club Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors. • Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors wants a transfer fee of 4-5 million Euros for the Korean striker. • As the transfer fee increased, the probability of the player's transfer to Galatasaray decreased.

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    If this originated from Turkish media I will take comfort from that

Blochairnbhoy and craigtheceltic like this.
  16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Always spot on the Turks

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    MLS or Europe... no brainer career choice if the lad is serious about his future

18. The Celtbot

That same guy had my local club Charlotte FC linked with a random 2nd league Turkish player and that still hasn't come to fruition lol. Doubt LAFC would be in for him. They are pretty stacked.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It has to be noted that a fairly important midfielder of the Korea NT, In-beom Hwang played in the MLS, and continued to be capped for Korea during that time. They don't consider the MLS a dead end.

I hope we will submit a high enough bid for Jeonbuk to yield, if we want this player.

20. DonnyCelt

Didn't Cho and his father both state he wants to play in Europe?

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.