1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lizzie's in a Box!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Notorious, Sep 8, 2022.

Discuss Lizzie's in a Box! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

2. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    At least there is one nice thing that can be said about her. She wasn’t an adulteress. Not like that horse faced cow that’s sitting next to the tree hugger on the throne. Imagine cheating on Diana with that trollop. :99::99::99::99::99:

Wee Baldy likes this.
  3. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    It's all gone very North Korean.

4. murphy88

One man was arrested for shouting “Who elected him?” at Charles.

Another was threatened with arrest as he had a blank piece of paper and if he wrote “Not my King” on it he was getting lifted.

We also know now that these rats won’t be paying inheritance tax. I called out America for being a backwater regarding gun and abortion laws, but I’ll tell you what, we are running them close just now for being a backwards cesspit. It’s not a surprise mind you, we see it every year when it comes to poppy time. When anyone who opposes it is demonised by the media.

scuzzy, Los Palmas 7, Gabriel and 2 others like this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I’d say Britain is one of the most corrupt countries in the world in regards to holding tax dodgers money we have a government who literally turn a blind eye literally because these businesses create vat to the treasury but vat is paid by customer not company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    I'm loaded with the Covid :90: (original strain) which my wife brought back from Spain (only present I got) so I'm thinking of heading through to Edinburgh to say cheerio to the dead queen and hopefully infect as many off these knobs as possible.
    so if anyone on here are planning to head through and pay what little respect she deserves, then on your own head be it. :58:

SwissCelt, scuzzy, Gabriel and 4 others like this.
  7. scootz

I largely agree with your sentiment as I am not a royalist and I believe strongly in the right to protest. But I also believe that folks need to think carefully about how and when they protest.

Now I'm not for a second stating that the first example you gave justified any state intervention, but I personally feel that its bad form to be shouting in the street at a man who has just lost his mother, and I think that that type of protest could wait for a later day.

The second example you gave re the piece of paper is outrageous - we should be able to display what we want publicly as long as there is no foul language or obviously threatening content.

Then there's the lad who shouted at Andrew on the Royal Mile. I have no problem with anyone calling out Andrew publicly for his behaviour, but that wasn't the time or place. It was effectively a funeral procession, and although I give zero * about how it made the sweaty nonce feel, I have to acknowledge that there were other mourners present. Give Andrew * folks, but - IMO - its best done at another time and place.

I'm not suggesting that my moral 'standards' are better than others, but they're just that - mine.

I thought Patrick Harveys speech in the parliament was a great example of respectful protest against the monarchy. He gave polite condolences without any flowery language or flowery salutations, and he gently reminded the new monarch that there was work to be done. Less was powerfully more!

murphy88 likes this.
  8. StevieBhoooy!

Anti-Vaxxers (misnomer if ever there was one) don’t seem to be an issue now in U.K. 2022.

Looks like Anti-Monarchists will be next to get the full media and police treatment.

9. murphy88

I fully understand where you are coming from, but in my opinion, that was a perfect time to protest against him as it would get the most attention. It’s like the train strikes. Although Mick Lynch won’t come out and say it, they were timed to cause maximum disruption, an rightly so I feel. There’s no point doing it when it won’t get a lot of attention, that defeats the purpose of it. However, our media then have a go at them for doing it at a busy time. It’s ridiculous.

Insulate Britain protestors got both barrels from our media as well, even though they had exhausted every avenue trying to get homes insulated, so the next step was to cause maximum disruption to have their views heard.

The fact Andrew is walking about is a slap in the puss anyway. It’s our money that kept him out of court, all £12m of it. So if people want to shout abuse at him, I honestly couldn’t care less the fact it was done whilst the Queen was lying in a coffin yards away. In fact, fair * to the boy for having the balls to do it.

Our media like to talk about us being able to disagree with each other and express ourselves, and that we live in a democracy, but when you get right down to the nitty gritty, it’s nowhere near as simple as that in Britain.

steg, buchanbhoy and Skelleto like this.
  10. JamesM09

I appreciate what you’re saying but they’re using this as a vehicle to re-introduce a rapist paedophile back into a position of power. To normalise his position as part of a powerful royal family.

That’s why it’s being shouted down and must always be shouted down.

Being shouted at when his mothers procession goes by is hardly consequence enough for what was in all likelihood decades of child * trafficking.

11. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Prince nonce is fair game anywhere anytime. * deserves more than a heckle or two

12. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
  13. scootz

Yup - I get all that.

I’d probably want to do more than just shout at the * TBH - I’d just choose to do it at another time and place.

PS - I don’t see his crawling out from whichever rock he’s been hiding under lately as being indicative of him working his way back into the public focus. It’s never going to happen. He’s *! There just wasn’t ever any realistic prospect of him not being present throughout the various events surrounding his mothers death.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  14. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Can't be going around telling the truth about how this country really is can we. Need to keep up with the pretence or else face the consequences

NakamuraTastic and murphy88 like this.
  15. murphy88

He has already been out and about prior to the Queen’s death to be fair. He walked arm in arm with her at Phillip’s funeral also.

16. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    I’ve read they are cancelling nhs appointments for this. It’s getting beyond ridiculous now that peoples health is being put on hold.

NakamuraTastic and King of Kings like this.
  17. StevieBhoooy!

Shut it pleb!

Know your place or face the consequences.

NakamuraTastic and Skelleto like this.
  18. horseshoe

Yep, just got a letter cancelling a hospital appointment I had for monday that's been booked in since june, it's a * joke.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  19. murphy88

Granny killing *. Or is that still reserved for us anti-vax maniacs?

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

It's OK we will allow you to share it now :56:

murphy88 likes this.