1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stadium Re-Development....A Good Idea? or Not?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hiphopaddict, Dec 5, 2017.

Discuss Stadium Re-Development....A Good Idea? or Not? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Supply issues aren’t that bad, longer wait times and so * expensive but you get them still.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

See if they would just paint those * stantions hovering above the roof, that’d be great…

Los Palmas 7 and Noskeil like this.
  3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    As was I budd haha (lots get lost in translation on boards)

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The Huns did indeed run out of funds for Edmiston, however, orders were placed the day after the Leverkusen game at Ibrokes. I’ll have engineers on site in weeks first fix cabling.

It’ll turn a coin for them, they’re using the events space for ‘normal’ gigs as well as their sectarian bile every fortnight.

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Look at you working for the devil.

The Phoenix likes this.
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

My company is working for an M&E Contractor we do all sorts for! My input will be some paperwork (wearing my rosary beads).

The Phoenix, EKCelt and Hammy89 like this.
  8. wulliebad

pointless spending millions just so more fans can get (old firm) tickets.:fear:

9. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You’ll need a name change in a couple weeks again for this mate :fear:

10. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Said in jest but that’s my thoughts, don’t want normal games in an empty stadium to trade in for more in the big ones.

Don’t want big games being easy to get a ticket as well, won’t have the same buzz if it’s a canter to be there.

Look at what Juve done, new stadium they downgraded in capacity, and had far more atmosphere because of it.

Valhalla likes this.
  11. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I would skeptical that we could fill an expanded stadium for games against the likes of Ross County and St Mirren as things are at the moment, however, even in the real world where this is never gonna happen, there should be a conversation about ticket prices. All clubs are putting prices up as costs increase, but no-one seems to be suggesting that lowering prices could bring more people in to games, offsetting any reduction in ticketing profits. Plus, more punters means more food and drink sold, more paradise windfall tickets etc. Think this'd have to be done if there were any stadium upgrades.

12. Foley1888

I think if this was to be done I have seen a lot of suggestions that a good chunk of any additional capacity would be corporate, which there is a belief that it could be sold and come with a decent premium.

Overall it would come down to prioritisation as although we are in a fair to good financial position doing big projects like stadium redevelopment or the Barrowfield upgrade all have big prices and those prices of late have got even more ridiculous due to the cost of materials and supplies.

We are also in the middle of a big project in transforming our squad since last summer. Yes to date that has been funded by transfer sales and there is a surplus in that department last year. It should also have grown from add ons in the Christie, Ajer and Edouard deals and the sell ons for Frimpong, Dembele and Tierney which may come in to play this summer. However, to stand still we had around £13.5m to spend to make Maeda, Jota and CCV permanent deals.

There aren’t many players we will get a good fee for this summer so I am hoping for our spend to be higher than our sales(inc add ons) this season for the first time since Rodgers 16/17 season.

My view on stadium redevelopment and the Barrowfield project is that these things should be funded by leveraging our wealthy shareholders with share issues or at least partly funded by this.

The majority of the cash at the club which has been generated through transfer activity should be for football related matters.

13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Maybe they're just going to put up a big sign advising the huns not to drink out of the bogs next time they come to Parkhead as civilised people use them to jobby and pish in.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Scenes when that’s how we announce their signing.

pls

15. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    The club should do a fun day round celtic park for the unveiling. Green and White coloured carousels with folk riding Maeda instead of horses. A big wheel that's just a CCV's heed. Hook a Kyogo, every Kyogo wins a prize. A wee Jota Themed rollercoaster, wee flicks and tricks at every turn.

16. davidhannah

I would like to see a transparent roof in celtic Park. Similar to St James Park. It would add a lot of light to the match day experience for everyone in the top tier.

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Pretty sure Roman and Milan or Napoli are thinking of doing the same with new stadiums as well.

Generally speaking obviously, but 40,000 people in a 40,000 seater makes for a better atmosphere than 50,000 in an 80,000 seater.

Liam Scales likes this.
  18. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Milan have been talking about it for ages I’m sure, San Siro is ridiculous.

Valhalla likes this.
  19. JamesM09

Many a Tim worked on Ibrox. There are blessed crucifixes under the stands.

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Italy bidding for 2030 World Cup I think it is so would imagine there’ll be a load of stadiums financed for that if they get it.

Liam Scales likes this.