1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

How many times I need to say this ?

Argue with the idiot ... you're the idiot. Ignore it and it goes away.

It's ok to occasionally interract with it, wind it up, then leave it be again for months. But no more than that ! :67:

Sean Daleer and Forestbhoy66 like this.
  2. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    I see the hun lovers at the sfa are now not wanting us to bring tri-colours to the game on Sunday, what's going on here ? there wasn't any problem with them in the past. Is this another hun * licking scenario.

As for the popes XI sorry but I like that banner/flag, personally I think it's quite humourous. Just my 10 pence worth.

3. leeso-ardoyne

WOW!! All I can do is laugh at this ridiculous comment haha. These posts say more about yous than they do me. I never resort to such nonsense on here with personal attacks.

I sung them as have most supporters, if not all on here . Do I sing them now, as mentioned above NO I don't. I'm beyond that now. I'm 42 years of age and no time for that type of behavior. These young lads will be the same. They all have their own mistakes in life to make. Some will grow out of it, others won't. Would I slate them for it. Never in a million years will I slate my fellow supporter in a bad way because we all have our mouths dirty of it. We're in no place to be pointing fingers at them. It's easy to be sitting behind a screen and running mouths of against them yet very few will have the balls to confront them face on. As mentioned above, laugh it off and forget all about it. I just can't get my head around the fact that someone would feel terrible after hearing this for a few secs in a song. It's a few young ones having a sing song ffs. It's as simple as the black people calling each other the N word. Why don't the proddys just join in for the craic, laugh it off because at end of the day, it's a * song. I come from a place that knows a thing or two about discrimination, bigotry etc.. but weve been known to joke about our own culture and traditions. Fs we run each other into the ground having pints together for the craic. We even do it against ourselves ffs. Your along time dead, so stop worrying about the small stuff, get off the bandwagon of this * and let it fly over your heads. It's thst simple!

Is there even anyone from that section on here that can explain there reasons for it? Surely when they sing it they mean the * scum that have done everything in there power to go against everything that is Celtic since we were formed and not the ordinary person who believes in all that religion stuff!

See above!

4. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No Tifo and limiting flags -- WOW

The GB do a fantastic display and create atmosphere. But if they are prevented in doing such activities then it really is on every other fan in attendance to step up.

SUGGESTION - would need those in GB or similar to organise - could we not have a seating layout telling us what clours to wear ( preferred but not compulsory ) ?? Id be happy to be told to wear a white top ( green or orange depending on seat ). Would not be nearly as impressive as the GB displays but they cant prevent fans entering a stadium wearing a predominant colour

Sure our support will respond to the ban on Tifo or flags in their own way - we have a really imaginative and creative bunch amongst our fans and i honestly find some of the Hun efforts cringeworthy.

5. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Tommy Tangos in the Whifflet , Coatbridge. Plenty Tri colours for sale.

6. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Round the corner from me :celt_2:

Garrymac1888 and MickeyyMack like this.
  7. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Noticed that the Diets are organising & being allowed to have a Tifo at hampden makes you wonder why our support are being blacklisted.

8. leeso-ardoyne

Also here. Got this sent to me. Ya may hide one Going in thou lol

Screenshot_20220414-153349~2.png

MickeyyMack likes this.
  9. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    That’s you sorted then bud

10. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Cracking flag.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  11. leeso-ardoyne

These are the ones that should be brought in along with the tricolor because we all know this is the reason why they banning the tifo. *!

MickeyyMack likes this.
  12. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Not only are they refusing the tifo , strict conditions have now followed 1 flag per person size & material. @leeso-ardoyne

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  13. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

I can think of one historical reason.

14. leeso-ardoyne

Ridiculous from them *! But it'll make us * them on Sunday even sweeter!

MickeyyMack likes this.
  15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Nah, you just advocate racism and bigotry in football grounds.

A real stand up guy.

16. Northerner Ave Maria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Missed this when you first posted it.

To be honest mate, I and I'm assuming a few others are just sick to * death of racism, bigotry, and sectarianism. I'm not saying you're okay with them but no matter the context now it winds me up to no end. Ignoring it or laughing it off didn't work. We've tried that and it's still happening. Ignoring it hasn't worked, either. If you give these thoughts and ideas room to breathe then they fester and ferment and some * carries it beyond the grounds and it's filtered into politics and all the rest of it. There's a reason the far-right, particularly in England but also at certain places in Scotland (not naming any), recruit at football grounds. Then once they've mobilised enough there, they're emboldened enough to take their * into the public sphere, which created the EDL and the Football Lads Alliance among others. Sectarian rhetoric in any capacity has real life consequences.

You keep billing anti-Protestant chants as a synonym for anti-Rangers chants. What we're trying to say is that there are a lot of Protestant Celtic fans that don't deserve to be targeted because of the exclusionary nature of the club across the city. They are a Protestant club, while we're a non-exclusionary Catholic club with Irish origins. Being anti-Protestant is just that, anti-Protestant. Rangers don't come into it.

As to why the "proddys" don't just join in with anti-protestant chants, why don't Ardoyne residents just join in with the anti-Catholic drivel that comes from the Orange Order during marching season? That's basically what you're expecting protestants to do. I think we all know the answer to that.

I'll repeat, I don't get myself wound up by what they sing, but that's because I don't expect any better from them. However, I hold Celtic fans to a much higher standard than I do with the huns. We should want to define ourselves as a club, create our own culture and history, rather than mimicking the huns behaviour because they do it as well.

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

What the *?

If it’s a ban on displays it should apply to all teams.

That is a * joke.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  18. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  19. Northerner Ave Maria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Some effort, * 10,000. They sourced them quickly.

eire4 and MickeyyMack like this.
  20. leeso-ardoyne

Class! Some amount of tricolors there. Amazing! Can't wait to see it! Must have cost few grand fir them I'd say. Even at a quid each, 10k thst is. I didn't see no one asking to contribute to this. I'd have gave something towards it if had known.

honda and MickeyyMack like this.