1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I wish him all the best.

2. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Very strange situation this. Conflicting opinions on the guy which sees me both glad to get rid, and gutted to lose him. If there is no replacement brought in today it warrants a visit to the stadium to demand answers as to just why the * the board are so desperate to make us look like * amateurs.

3. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He didn’t want out at all. He wanted a fair contract offer and it’s never come.

Our board are a farce.

4. Slaw

Seems we never made him a proper offer. Madness really.. he would’ve been a massive signing.

5. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    You have to earn a new contract, apart from a brief spell under Rodgers and a few flashes here and there, never showed any consistent form, still a poor mans Armstrong tbh.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  6. oh bhoy

bournemouth what a *!

7. AussieGreek

But when he had the chance to play Kyogo through on goal earlier in the match but instead went for a shot 30 feet above the goals, all good?

Come on, let's call things exactly as they are.

Ange's style is strong team spirit and togetherness, not losing a * like a nutjob in Ibrox in the middle of a game against the huns.

Completely irrelevant scenario since most level headed people do not react or behave like Christie, especially if they are having a * game. The fact that Christie didn't acknowledge his contradiction and his own * performance raises alarm bells for me and I'm happy he's * off.

I'm surprised people are still defending someone who would rather slog it out in the Championship in a stadium that holds 11,300 people instead of playing European football in front of 60,000+ people with Celtic.

8. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Am not rubbishing these statements at all, we know what our board are like, but it is pure speculation on both your parts, put across as fact.

No one knows what was offered, Christie could have been asking for 35 grand or something ridiculous, and we could have been offering 25 but he's knocked it back.

Think he was always looking to jump regardless. Scottish football is akin to leprosy it seems.

9. Damnati

What would you consider fair?

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

That's up to Kyogo to give him a bit back then if he feels he has to. Christie was an empty jersey on Sunday no doubt but I can't blame him for being frustrated when it was as clear as day. They're both adults I doubt Kyogo even cares about it now

11. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    If he does go we really need a combative, quick and energetic midfielder to come in and replace him. We seriously lack legs in the middle of the pitch.

12. ynwa1987

this did actually happen in the game btw Christie had a shot when he could have played in Kyogo and he had a go at Christie.

I think he is a big loss for us this season as Ange had him playing out his skin for us. Aside from last season he’s been pretty good for us overall.

I’m predicting he will tear it up in the Championship.

13. AussieGreek

Did you not see moments later that Kyogo laid off a ball when he should've gone for the shot? Do you not think that was a direct consequence of Christie's behaviour?

14. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I can’t speak for @Slaw but I can guarantee that I’m not speculating.

Christie wasn’t looking for anything close to £35k a week. Celtic weren’t offering anything close to £25k a week.
    It’s hard to put a specific figure on it, but Christie wasn’t looking for a ridiculous salary.

I think when we consider contract renewals, we need to be considering what it will cost to replace those players. What will it cost to get a guaranteed replacement of Christie’s goals, assists and energy? Say we spent £4m on a replacement (which at that fee is highly unlikely to bring guarantees) and give him £12,000 per week (which really doesn’t get you much in today’s market) - that’s a £6.5m investment. Whereas we could give Christie £30,000 per week (which he would have bit our hand off for) for the same 4 years at a cost of £6.2m.

Our recruitment record shows that it’s entirely hit or miss, so losing proven quality to take that risk without much/any financial gain is just madness.

Mickmac and Slaw like this.
  15. James Gold Member Gold Member

Again that's on Kyogo then isn't it you can't blame Christie for Kyogos decision making he's not 12. Kyogo as good as he has been he has missed some absolute sitters Sunday was just highlighted more due to the result. It was hardly Naylor Vs Boruc stuff

Artorias likes this.
  16. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sounds like you know someone close to the player or the club, fair do's if that's the case. Was Ryan definitely looking to stay on?

17. AussieGreek

That's not how human nature works and you cannot just dismiss something as "he's not a child, he makes his own decision." We're talking about humans, not robots, especially one with a HUGE cultural difference.

The discussion is not about whether Kyogo is good or missed sitters, it is about what Ange is trying to build - togetherness, team spirit and culture, and Christie has demonstrated he has none of it, so I'm not sure why you're still defending him.

18. James Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not defending him he was absolutely terrible on Sunday and was even worse last season all I'm saying is I dont think his reaction to Kyogo is even worth mentioning it happens all the time in football

19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Reports are saying the Burnley offer was better for him but I think he picked the nicer place to live between Burnley and Bournemouth

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Burnley easily the worst place Ive been to down there.

Dont blame him going to Bournemouth, also a side who have a solid chance of coming back up. Still not a great move but lets be honest he was never getting an Everton, Spurs etc.

bhoy81 likes this.