1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AussieGreek

Ayee, we all acknowledge Ange's mistake. My response was to Minty who thinks that the "only thing he [Christie] did right" was to "have a go" at Kyogo.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Thought he was * yesterday, use of the ball was hoaching.

3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Think his reaction to Kyogo shooting yesterday was despicable, he was well entitled to shoot, any other day that either goes in or rebounds to Christie for a tap in, that's football. Standing waving his arms screaming at him was pathetic,it actually caused Kyogo to square it the next time where he should have shot.

I'm all for Christies resurgence but if its at the cost to his toxic attitude he can * right off, naecunt shouts and moans when he constantly blazes shots over the bar.

AussieGreek likes this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It is a bit rich coming from Christie but Kyogo made the wrong decision on both attacks.

The square ball for the tap-in was a gimmee first time but he was tunnel-visioned on the shot but aye there's every chance that was fresh in the memory when the next chance came round. The cream of the crop make those split decisions instantly. It happens.

He was possibly reeling after Eddie's embarrassing effort from putting it on a plate for him in the 1st half.

Kyogo will bounce back from it I'm sure.

Noskeil likes this.
  5. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Completely agree, a few players yesterday including Kyogo would never have played under that sort of pressure before, then when your chasing a game you see it clear effected his decision making skills, but that reaction is unjustifiable, put doubt into his mind for the next attack, I pin that on Christie, as thats all that would have been ringing in Kyogos mind.

AussieGreek likes this.
  6. Maestro 08

You might be right but if that's the case he needs to learn to handle it.

7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Christie is no team player- he criticises others when he himself isn't doing much simpler things right.

AussieGreek likes this.
  8. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    If Kyogo had squared it to him, it would have ended up in row Z anyways. He's a bottle merchant.

AussieGreek likes this.
  9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Back to his last season form.

The point in the first half where he could easily have played furuhashi in with a one-two but hit it first time from an impossible angle/body shape was peak Christie.

AussieGreek and Maestro 08 like this.
  10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Of course he does, its a learning experience. I'm positive he will be more than ready next game against them.

11. Maestro 08

Aye and the ball he absolutely smashed in to Edouard for no fuxkin reason letting them break on us and get a chance. Why the * you doing that! Was almost deliberate, like here try and handle this ya *.

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I do hate to see players get on each other's cases for things, Griffiths was one of the worst for it...constantly greeting.

Truthfully though, it at least shows that Christie cares. If I was 8 yards out from an empty net and Kyogo elects not to square to me, I'd probably go tonto as well.

I'm sure Kyogo won't be too affected by yesterday though. It will have been a learning curve for him. He'll be back among the goals soon.

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    “The only thing he did right”.

14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Bournemouth are understood to have become front-runners in the race to sign Celtic’s Ryan Christie

Prospects of the 26-year-old signing a contract extension on a current deal with the Parkhead club that expires in January have receded in recent days. It is understood that the English south coast believe that they have moved ahead of Burnley, who have strongly pursued the Scotland international, as the next destination for a player who joined Celtic from Inverness Caledonian Thistle for a £500,000 fee in 2015. It is thought that outlay will be more than recouped.

Bournemouth are increasingly confident that the promise of free-flowing football under Scott Parker, as they seek to translate promotion-favourite status into a return to the Premier League, will convince Christie to begin a fresh chapter of his career at the Vitality Stadium. Christie will leave having been a key member of Celtic treble-winning invincible team of 2016-17, the attacker claiming six major honours and netting 66 goals in 284 appearances for the Parkhead side.

15. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Championship bound eh

Delighted for his old man

16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    As much as he’s been decent the last few games, I would be happy if I never seen this jug eared * ever again. Though I have got a brand new mitre from his shot yesterday.

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Not that bothered if he goes... might aswell get some money and dare I say reinvest

18. James Gold Member Gold Member

Just call me TransferBhoy

:fear:

19. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Don't get me wrong, on his day he's excellent and we'll struggle to get a replacement of the same quality with the small fee we're going to get for him.

But right now, I'm glad to see him off. Shat it against them yesterday, not once has he turned up against them. Quite clear he doesn't want to sign a new deal and would rather go play in the * championship. Good riddance

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  20. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Big test of Dom McKay coming up....our squad is neither strong nor numerous as it is, if Christie and Eddie both go then a measly two or three signings won't cut it.

We're looking at maybe 6 signings between now and midnight tomorrow to have ANY chance of going on a decent run. I tell you right now there is not a chance we sign 6 players in that time frame.

All the positivity I've felt building is in danger of being wiped out completely. Panic stations being set up as we speak.