1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    From that starting line up you listed 2 will almost certainly be off, the 2 full backs are not good enough, we don't know what condition Julien will be in after his injury and Mikey (and Griff) can't be relied on to be fit for large chunks of the season. That's pretty much half a first team required, and that's before we even consider whether those players fit into Ange's style, never mind squad depth we need for a season. It's a huge task.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Pretty much just taking the opinions off the ones I know to be fair.

Valhalla likes this.
  3. JamesM09

I agree.

There's a market out there and there's money available here to be spent. It's not September with a closed window.

Usually we hear the manager hasn't been able to bring his own players in and is dealing with a legacy squad. Well Ange should have the opportunity to get guys in so let's get it done and win this league.

Realistically we only have to be better than 1 club and they just aren't as good as everyone tends to believe.

saltire78 and Peej like this.
  4. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We shouldn’t be writing off any season we still finished well ahead of 3rd place it’s bridging the gap to the Huns and wining the cups. Getting to group stages in Europe any one to be honest but EL should be the level.

the players leaving aren’t irreplaceable we just need a bit of quality and leadership, out them all Browns leadership will be the thing that’s missed most we need a hardcore player to step up and drive the team on the park, not just by example we have loads of them but a vociferous leader to gee up the players and keep them true

5. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Would imagine O’Connor would be a better option than ralston, just based on how he was rated prior to us, didnt he get like player of the year at United and Ireland’s u21s or u19s? Surely he’d be ahead of ralston in the pecking order

SuperZidane, Dublin Celt and Peej like this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd like to think so as well.
    My point was more (simply) that there is a squad there, that yes with a few additions - would still walk this league with a reasonably competent manager.
    We should not be accepting on the 1st of July that the league is somewhat hard to win and a challenge to us.

Crilly likes this.
  7. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Yeah I got you I was just throwing in my opinion and agree with you fully mate, last year was a * show and yes there’s a huge rebuild job to get back to where we were a couple years ago, form wise but we most definitely can win the league this year depending on how good Ange is tactically and which team he starts. Just seen there we’ve signed a new RB/CB So maybe ralston is just for back up to them or reserve team still

Mickmac, Peej and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  8. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Huge season ticket sales and the biggest in Scotland. People are buying into Big Ange in a Big way. Very excited for the coming season. Celtic support backing the club as we always do, makes you proud. Hail! Hail!

9. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    O'Connor needs to kick on now and really take the bull by the horns in pre season. No doubting the guys ability but his time is now when it comes to making it at Celtic. Every manager bar Lennon he played under had massive time for him so hopefully Ange is the same.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Crilly likes this.
  10. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Kennedy and Strachan still here. Signed a player today that Ange says as a club we have been tracking a long time. I want the new set up of McKay and Ange to signal real change and positive change. These early movements worry me a little.....

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  11. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Has he been back training yet? I didn’t notice him in the video yesterday, wasn’t looking for him either mind. He deserv s his chance I think but he sure as * needs to take it especially with the new lad signing. I had high hopes for him at first and it has been anything but promising so far. Hopefully he impresses, nothing wrong with a bitta competition there now for the rb spot

Dublin Celt likes this.
  12. SuperZidane

I agree - I think people are getting too fixated by Ralston - Celtic activated a 1 year extension. Our squad is thin and Ange only arrived last week. He can do a job against 90% of SPFL teams. I expect him to be on the bench or a squad player and then on his way at the end of the season.

13. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'm sure it was O'Connor that was tackling at about 1:05 into the clip.

Crilly and Dublin Celt like this.
  14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I’d say there’s plenty of doubt.

15. AussieGreek

Osaze Urhoghide on Ange

“To have the manager speak to me and tell me he wants me and the plans he wants from me.

“It feels great to get it over the line to be honest.

“It has been a long off-season, waiting and making decisions where to go. It is good to be here, finally at Celtic. There were some big clubs but I spoke to the manager and he has a good vision for the club.

“It is at a rebuilding stage but the vision he wants and the changes he wants to bring in is there.

“I see his passion to work with young players and I feel he can help develop me into a better player.

He stated: “I want to show the manager, my teammates and the fans what I can do. Everyone is pushing for a shirt at the start of the season with the European games coming up.

“We need to click quickly and I am ready. It is a dream to play those games and hopefully I can show everybody on the European stage what I can do.

“Expect crunching tackles and I run so hard. “I wear my shirt on the pitch. That is definitely me.”

16. Mr Cleansheets

I also wear my shirt on the pitch.

craigtheceltic and NomDePlum like this.
  17. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Isn’t that the same guy?

oh bhoy likes this.
  18. AussieGreek

yes

19. AussieGreek

Ex-Rangers chairman Dave King warns Celtic they’ve taken huge ‘risk’ by appointing Ange Postecoglou.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2021
  20. Mr Cleansheets

Sometimes...