1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Cleansheets

Really?

Then why the * was he signed?

AussieGreek likes this.
  2. AussieGreek

Because I heard he turn water into scotch!

3. Maestro 08

He'll get the same time every Celtic manager gets. Next to none. You can say what should happen or what you would like to happen. I'm telling you what will happen.

There is a huge amount of scepticism around the appointment to start with. In the next 3 months if we aren't winning games there will be rumblings, by Xmas if we're not in touching distance in the league and still in the cups those rumblings will be at fever pitch. Anyone saying anything different is the actual delusional one.

I hope Postecoglou understands this a lot quicker than you do.

martin_d likes this.
  4. AussieGreek

I never denied the fact that fan responses would be that way, did I?

But I did argue, just as your own compatriots tried to make you understand, that it is illogical to have an "expectation" when he hasn't been given all the tools he needed in this very crucial preseason. Surely you don't deny that, do you?

5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    As another poster pointed out we have the resources in place where there shouldn't be a doubt we beat 10 of the other teams in the league regularly.

With a poor unmotivated, badly trained squad we were still second.

From what's been said about our new manager I'm expecting him to address those 2 areas.

I've no real expectations about Europe, in fact I think chasing that would be a mistake for some of the reasons you have mentioned, others might disagree. I do expect him to be a manager who targets and expects our team to win the league.

6. Maestro 08

Domestically he should have more than enough to be winning from the get go and that's before we add any reinforcements.

7. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    You are absolutely correct. I also want to know what signings have been made. Guys, Ange has been with the players for less than a week. He needs to know the men he will be dealing with. Who fits and who will not. He is doing his job, so let him do it. Some players have not come back to camp yet. He needs to go through the process. He has been put in a difficult situation. He should have had 90 more days to get things in order. The Howe debacle did not allow this to happen. Be realistic, put yourself in his shoes, or any manager put in his situation. Ease up and be realistic. Each positive will be a bonus to your psyche. The man has coached teams playing in front of of stadiums of 70 to 100 thousand spectators for * sake! Griffiths has been given a contract extension by the way.

AussieGreek likes this.
  8. AussieGreek

I won't pretend to know the standards of the Premiership, but Rangers are coming off the back of high confidence and a settled squad.

I certainly have no expectations for Europe though.

9. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Give that crystal ball another rub, you are out of focus. I am sick of all this toxic negativity. How do you sleep soundly at night ?

10. Mr Cleansheets

If it's Lagavulin that'll dae me.

Dannybhoy81 and AussieGreek like this.
  11. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Talk to me in January. If you are correct I will take off my hat to you.

HendyBhoy! likes this.
  12. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Your opinion is spot on mate. Think if he is showing progress & atleast challenging he should be given time. I do think with him coming in when just about the full squad needs rebuilt will suit what he wants to do better. What I've read & seen of Ange I'm looking forward to see what he does.

I'm just being realistic on how most fans will be if we don't win the league this season. People from outside Scotldnd who are not Celtic fans just don't understand how crazy it is here. One loss here & the fans go into meltdown, has Ange ever been up against it like that before?

The things that I'm worried about under Ange. I also had the same worries with Howe. It was really about their teams defending. Time will tell & we all hope Ange proves all his doubters wrong.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Jordann likes this.
  13. oh bhoy

His first two decisions on ralston and Griffiths have been utterly ridiculous,with Kennedy and Strahan taking training and still no new signings it's shaping up juat as I expected

14. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    A bent nail can be straightened. If not, you throw it out.

15. James Gold Member Gold Member

I can't help but feel that he will have had very little say in these 'decisions' ... but he's not a yes man

NomDePlum, Artorias and oh bhoy like this.
  16. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Looking at the fact our team is completely ripped up, wouldn't be opposed to a run in the Europa conference league

17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Didn't he say he spoke to Griffiths about the current situation? I'm disappointed he's chose to keep him but by all accounts he had the choice.

Ralston seems like he was forced on him, think he might have signed a new deal before Ange even landed here.

18. James Gold Member Gold Member

At the same time though he will never come out and say it wasn't his decision. Don't get me wrong I can 100% see more sense in keeping Griffiths even if he has just watched games from a few years ago but I can't get my head around Ralston

HTG likes this.
  19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Think the board took the * with Ralston, essentially saving money on us buying a back up RB by either telling Ange he's worth keeping or just straight up signing him to a new deal, there's no chance Ange has watched that * and thought he was an actual footballer.

I think he definitely had the choice on whether or not Griffiths stayed, disappointed with that and I'm certain he'll be gone in January after * up yet another "Second" chance.

seanm, martin_d and James like this.
  20. Al Bootyerbaws

The guy has only been here a week ffs.

martin_d likes this.