1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

I think that his philosophy is to out run and out pass and when we lose it out muscle his opponents to get it back all good and will be great to watch but to do that he needs a calibre of player that can sustain a high physical output for 90 min and beyond, it’s a bit like Peps Barcelona team that hunted the ball down in packs with the 3 second rule (if you lose it get it back within 3 seconds) but to do that in our league we would need a few players coming in we have about 10 outfield players that could play that intensity for 90min now, after those that want to leave have left or returned to parent club after loan. I think we need 5 new signings minimum and 3-4 from the youth system to step up permanently

2. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Aye that's what I was thinking, I can't see wee Dembele managing that side of the game just now

3. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby

Training looks fun anyway

4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Business is business, football business is completely different due to clubs and agents especially, you can wrap up a business deal rapid, football as we all know take far to long mainly us going up in 50p increments instead of just battering out a price (good business sense but frustratingly annoying), clubs trying to haggle every penny, and then agents always trying to push the best deal/club/wage (agents are the bane of football).

Granted I feel your frustration as a supporter with the slowness it takes, but I’d rather give Ange time to assess and hopefully bring in quality, than bring in a panic buy just to appease fans wanting to sign someone.

Im not wanting to argue with you budd, trust me I want to see signings but footballs a horrible business, slow and painful for fans, probably even worse for the manager.

5. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    If you'd read my post about us not appointing a DoF first, to deal with the nitty gritty of the transfers, you'd have realised by now I wasn't blaming Ange for the lack of signings, What I'd have expected to happen is for him to be informed when he came in, if he wasn't aware already, that we have no first team quality RB and given him a list of candidates in our price range to look at and decide which fits his style best and for him to rank them in order of preference, after that it's out of his hands, it's others responsibility to get them in ASAP. Other clubs manage it after all.

I completely agree with making sure we get the right player in the majority of cases, which can take a bit longer, but we do not have that luxury for this position. Ralston, as poor as he is, is our only option. What happens if gets crocked in training tomorrow?

Noskeil likes this.
  6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Liam Shaw saying the focus has been on playing with higher intensity and counter pressing :party048:

martin_d, Slaw and Peej like this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Counter pressing :35:

Been the worst pressing Celtic outfit I've seen for well over a year now. Was almost non-existent..

Hammy89 and Valhalla like this.
  8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    A load of the youngsters up filling in for senior players away just now as well so they’ll know what’s required.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    sliding tackle to win back possession - Ange notes it down! Guy knows what he needs ha.

Some will hate seeing Barkas make saves :fear:

10. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Good to see a manager interested.

Is that what that was? Never seen one of those before, then 2 come along at once.

11. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Big Barky on top form

12. AussieGreek

The most interesting exercise was the noughts and crosses game. I've never seen this one before. It forces a player to make a very quick and sudden decision while on the sprint/as fatigue sets in and decision making becomes more difficult. Very interesting.

martin_d, Wee Baldy, Noskeil and 3 others like this.
  13. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Couple of interesting things to take from that. Getting them to play noughts and crosses while doing running drills is genius, make them think on their feet, as well as take the tedium out of doing something relatively mundane. And ball work and shooting practice happening... did any of that actually happen under lenny? I genuinely can't remember seeing it, but then I stopped watching anything he was involved in quite a long time ago, so I'm really not sure whether I am being overly critical because of what happened or if my memory is accurate.

Now if Ange starts making the likes of Christie stay back after training and practice until they can take a corner without putting it out of play on the opposite side of the field, or hitting the first defender, we might be getting somewhere.

Noskeil likes this.
  14. Lewis Kerr

The media team really need to up their game when it comes to training vids etc.

Lose the * backdrop music so we can hear the players/coaches

Make the videos longer

Show some actual passing and shooting drills rather than close ups of random * jogging about

15. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    We do tic tac toe at my boys fitba lol

PaulM1888, NomDePlum and Noskeil like this.
  16. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    You pay a subscription for extended though, the PLC always wins :101:

17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Literally music to my ears when I watched the video.

I go through periods of up and downs with Celtic, which is different to the usual downs of the last year.

He seems to know what he wants and its great. The training seems intense and fun, exactly what the players need to settle in under the new man and the youth members are given the same treatment as the first team. Delighted to see it.

Whenever I see or hear Ange I get a buzz. I'm desperate for him to succeed here. He'll need the full backing of the board to build and are currently letting him down. I couldn't give a * if it's early days, we should be bending over backwards for him in the transfer market.

VT8, craigtheceltic, JML67 and 3 others like this.
  18. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I can’t ever remember seeing Lennon with a notebook ever, the way he fumbled with an iPad I can’t imagine his paper handling! Even a 4 year olds paint by numbers would destroy him. Lol

AdamRS likes this.
  19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    For some it will be the first time seeing Barkas making saves :fear:

Peej, Mr Cleansheets and Crilly like this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye, loving seeing some people saying it’s genius. Maybe we’re doing something right.:giggle1:

Jo-Jo-Buffon likes this.