1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye, it's bizarre. We're all hoping he does the absolute best job possible. If anything it's pleasing that there's a lot of faith in him from people who know more about him. If he doesn't do well then the criticism won't be far behind.

2. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    * forbid he actually turns out good, I'd hate to see your reaction!

3. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think we judge him once we have had a few games to see how we set up and play. I was not happy when we announced AP mostly it was my disappointment in not getting Howe or another recognised European manager, but since he’s came he has talked well and the press conference the other day I thought both him and Dom talked well.

so the jury is out we judge him on results now so let’s give the benefit until then

4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I think many of us are the same, talk is cheap actions are what matters. We need to remind ourselves of the * poor position we are in atm, there is lots of work to be done. Looking forward to the preseason games to get a taste of what to expect.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  5. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    I'd kiss his feet

My opposition to him isn't personal.I just don't see how a guy that has managed clubs in minor leagues is going to cope with being Celtic manager

Throw in the fact that as a last minute choice who has to work with a broken squad and doesn't have the final say in transfers,the board have set him up to fail

I hope I am dead wrong and have this thrown in my face in May but I fear it just isn't going to happen

6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I blame the sudden influx of Ozzies still boring the living * out of us about the A league :boxing:

7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    99.9% of us on here were against him but he's here and should be given the same chance and time every other Celtic manager is afforded..

Crilly likes this.
  8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Good luck finding a manager who’s able to cope being Celtic manager based on his career.

The man has been at world cups and he’s obviously not phased one bit by the pressure.

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Bullshit.

Valhalla, Dannybhoy81 and StPauli1916 like this.
  10. TheHappyLoss

Don’t think I’ve ever wanted a Celtic manager to succeed so much. Some of the stuff posted about the guy (not so much in here) has been absolutely shocking.

Lebo, VT8, craigtheceltic and 7 others like this.
  11. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    We shall see. The kind of pressure applied in Glasgow's madhouse? I for one hope it works out, but it hasn't even started yet.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    As are all the Aussie lads wetting their knickers over Ange.
    We get it, we have little knowledge of the guy considering we live on the other side of the world and don't exactly consider the A or J-League to be A) Accessible to us, and B) entertaining enough to stay up til 3am to try and watch it.

But we are all on board now, you guys don't need to keep hammering the same nail anymore. He's here, he's working, we are excited and the new season is soon. We will all find out in a few weeks how sooper dooper awesomey big Ange is and you guys can all do the "I told you so" routine in due course.

Edit: Not meaning just to aim that at yourself @AussieGreek just that line was fitting enough for me to rant a little to the wider audience.

13. joemc

He is in the worst possible position imaginable , transitional period and not the fans choice , but for me I get this is exactly wot this guy needs , im gonna show all u fu#*ers , so he will be extra motivated which will serve us well , however the bumbs along the way are not gonna be tolerated in here at all , the first points lost and the * fest will start fuelled by the hun lurkers posing as tims, I wish him all the best he will need every bit of luck going imo , but seems to have a strong mentality, 2 in this wk coming, they must back this guy ,he needs the tools in place , give him a fair crack to show wot kind of manager he is , needs to start well get the players on board .

14. AussieGreek

Ange talking about Rodgers:

“A lot of people have reached out and offered their support and congratulations, which has been great.

“But ultimately, it rests on my shoulders now and I’ve got to get on with the job.

“Every manager brings their own personality to a team.

“But I think there will definitely be elements of how I want my team to play that are similar to Brendan’s.

“Watching his team, there are a lot of similarities with the kind of football teams I’ve produced.

“Both Brendan and I understand that the Celtic supporters want to win but in a certain way, and a certain style.

“That’s the history and tradition of this club, to play football that’s exciting – and to get people not sitting down for 90 minutes.

“I think the football I want us to play will certainly reflect that.

“Being in here (Jock Stein lounge), the history inspires you. That was part of the attraction, knowing the traditions of this club.

“To understand and comprehend that I’ll be taking the position of manager of Celtic is both inspiring and overwhelming.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...ange-postecoglou-reveals-celtic-text-24403869

Fair enough. Was about to have a go at you considering I even have a published article where I mention that Aussie responses to Ange's appointment has been mostly cringe :biggrin:
    https://thecelticstar.com/an-aussie-greek-perspective-on-ange-postecoglou-part-1/

Peej likes this.
  15. TheHappyLoss

That’s it the club have done him no favours at all. Squad is urgently in need of repair and he’s brought in about a month before our first game. He has to assess the players. We know who should go etc but does he? And would you trust Kennedy or Strachan to guide him early on? Any manager would be up against it being brought in so late. Obviously the time to bring in a manager was last year.

16. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Were, not seem any real negative press myself as yet, I did expect more to be honest

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

17. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Message to Big Ange:

Any player who doesn't want to be here is a poisonous presence at our club. Get them to * and that includes Edouard and Ajer.

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    What's bullshit? :56: 99.9% of all Celtic fans not just on here were against this appointment when we first heard. You going to tell me otherwise?

Go as far as saying the vast majority never even heard of him..

19. AussieGreek

Ange saying he will not allow any player or staff put their own personal interests ahead of the club.

“I will do what’s best for the club. If that means players depart, they’ll depart. If it means they stay, they stay but I won’t let anyone use the club as a vehicle for their own purposes.

“When the time comes for it to end, as it will for all of us, hopefully we leave some sort of legacy, but I won’t let anyone - player or staff - serve themselves and put their personal interests ahead.

“So, yes, there are discussions I will have with players over the coming weeks, but I can assure you that whoever does stay will be committed to this club.”

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...-celtic-kristoffer-ajer-postecogolou-20912642

20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Love it... get them telt Big Man.. Shape up or ship ta * out

craigtheceltic and Sgt Neppers* like this.