1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm with Gerry I feel on this one, but it was very refreshing to hear them yesterday. Even more so Dom being so open to admit Ange has a "blank canvas" and he will support him with what ever he wants, staff or player wise (and to modernise departments).
    Very telling that he was that open in a presser with him sat there. No where to hide.

A man of Dom reputation and background/experience I do not think would be that naive to get himself in a position he didn't want to be in. He talks too good and very choosing of his words, so I can only take comfort as well that he means what he said and Ange knows it as well.
    Great signs.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  2. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

3. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    That amazes me that people are buying them in that numbers when there is a good chance there will be more lockdowns.

scuzzy and Sean Daleer like this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Loved his answers about signings.

MSM - “When would you like signings?”

Ange - “Yesterday, a couple of days ago?”

Ange - “I’m pushing the club hard as I can (on signings) and hopefully we can announce something soon.

Although we have heard similar sound bites from managers in the past, none have ever put the onus back on the board before.

Refreshing.

Lebo likes this.
  5. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I wish he had more time for the Midtjylland game

Lebo likes this.
  6. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Good to hear

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm not calling anyone daft, it's just that it was baseless because it's all based on assumption without credible evidence, as by your own admission we simply didn't know.

I don't think anything surrounding his appointment was 'extremely worrying' and people who already have positions at the club doesn't necessarily translate to having staff 'thrust upon him'. From the snippets I've read from people who know more about him and his management than I do, I don't have the perception of a yes man.

I get that the lack of communication from the club frustrates people, though it doesn't bother me as much as it does others, I don't think the club is beholden to the support to provide play-by-play updates on their decision making.

The biggest criticism I have of the board just now is the length of time they spent courting Howe, who in my opinion was never intending on coming to Celtic, but that's irrelevant now and I hope the board, and especially McKay, provide the new approach we're all hoping for.

Peej likes this.
  8. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Did you watch the same presser?
    To me it was show me what you’ve got, buy into what I’m doing or you’re out the * door.
    Exactly the same as he’s done at every single club and the Socceroos.

Lebo, The big Viduka and VT8 like this.
  9. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Why would that make him a yes man? It appears to me he has told Dom he will come in and see for himself the players and staff he can work with. It might turn out he feels he can work with them, and get the best out of them if they buy into his way of doing things. If they don't they will be given other duties or leave. I don't see it automatically meaning he is a yes man if he decides to keep them on.

What it would be though is a bad PR move as far as the fans are concerned, and he will need all the goodwill he can get in the coming months. But I get the impression he will do what he feels bestt regardless. As of yet I don't know if that is a good thing or not.

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I believe howe was lawells goodbye gift. Done the usual lawell thing and * it thinking he could parade him before he retired. Didn't work so scuttled off without a word. I can see this guy from the new man purely because aussies love rugby, and he knew rugby and would have knew about this guy... probably talking pish but I'm going with it.

11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He’s a Greek immigrant he’s a football lover not a rugby man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lebo likes this.
  12. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    I like they way he speaks and conducts himself but the kennedy/laptop guy signs are worrying. I'm not saying he's a yes man yet but they two should be gone. I'm not buying that he will work with them then decide they are * and bring in his own people. He's been told they are his backroom team 100%

13. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I liked most of what he had to say, the only concerning thing for me was admitting his complete unwillingness to compromise his philosophy to win a game. Other than that it was pretty positive.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Possibly but think that was more right away that he's no just gonna deviate away from the way he wants to get us playing just because the player's aren't ready/there yet..

He will have to have some sort of plan b down the line though..

Lebo and OziBeerMan like this.
  15. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    I like the fact he wants to judge people for himself and says he will give people time so he can see what their about that's someone who is basically saying if your good enough and work hard enough you will have a place here, folk will be on their toes for sure, some will go iv no doubt but those who stay we have to trust his judgement he certainly doesn't come across to me as a fool, I cant see him being a puppet for the board at all.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  16. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    That wasn't the impression I got, but I was doing other things while listening to it, so possibly I got the wrong end of the stick on that part as I wasn't giving it my full attention.

17. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

He's hardly gonna say otherwise is he

18. oh bhoy

Is amazes me that all these bloggers and such turn into the succulent lamb brigade once they get an invite to something like this . nobody thought to ask mckay why they had tried to flog season tickets on the assumption that howe was set to be announced or why he thought no other club in European football have taken a chance on ange,nothing about how he would react if we found ourselves in the same position as we did last in terms of lennon.all just the same fluff questions the msm would ask.
    'dom' can go on about world class this and world class that all he wants but while he hands out a contract extension to tony ralston I can't help but feel he is full of *.
    Dom and Ange are both good at talking and telling us what we want to hear but ffs Dom saying his meeting with Ange was the best meeting he has had and Ange saying yes right away tells its own story

19. Mr. Slippyfist

That kind of commitment to his mentality is exactly what I want to hear from my Celtic manager.

Valhalla, Lebo and Sean Daleer like this.
  20. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Not for me. A certain amount of pragmatism is required as there are games during the season where you just need to grind out results if you want to win the league. Going gung ho when the players are having an off day is a recipe for disaster. It happens and you need to be able to deal with it accordingly.

martin_d likes this.