1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

Hope the egos at the club listen and give this man respect.

It's their arrogance I worry about.

He seems like a the perfect type of personality to take the celtic job with his confidence and sharpness in his words when speaking with the media.

I'd imagine he's the type of guy you could listen to all day when he speaks about football.

cat123 likes this.
  2. Mr Cleansheets

I think there was a pretty major instant rejection by a goodly proportion of fans, and some of those are starting to accept him on the basis of his rhetoric and style - or at least give him a chance. Some who were negative are even quite enthusiastic now (I've read and re-read this thread fairly obsessively).

But you're absolutely right. Nae * kicked a baw in anger yet so it very much remains to be seen.

As a person who has followed Ange's career closely, I'm well aware of his ability and have no doubt he will be a major success at Celtic given the right support from the board. That's why I was more chuffed by what Dom had to say than Ange - said a couple of times it was all down to Ange to make the football decisions and he'd be supported financially. If he comes good on that then good times are 100% on the horizon.

Tremble ye * huns!

3. jambo_cfc

Loved his comments on rogic , knows rogic needs work to get him back to playing and basically saying that had been lacking ! Also saying plysrs who buy into his way will be given game time where as those who dont will be put aside which is what we misse dlast year , people guaranteed starters even if they wher ehalf arsed !! Lookingf orward to seeing what we produce !

seanm, Twisty and cat123 like this.
  4. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Like all us Aussies were saying from the get go, you’ve got yourselves a real gem here, just have faith.
    The Boss is in the house now. He is exactly what Celtic need.

Can’t wait for the Aussie tour

5. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm now that grumpy auld * that sits in the pub face tripping him I fear.

Still not buying all this *, but will happily doff my cap and happily admit I was wrong if he does the business.

Some good interviews and saying the right thing means * all to me, I'm a world legend at talking pish.... I'll respectively reserve my judgement till I see the product he delivers.

Cena and Heb Celt like this.
  6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

8. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Definitely getting good vibes from this * :100:

Exciting times ahead.

seanm, VT8 and Sydneysider like this.
  9. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Cannae believe a manager we have never heard of is winning a treble next year. :62::62::62:

10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Agreed.

He came across well and is very likeable. I think you would struggle to find a manager who says the wrong things when joining a new club though. Their success or failure is mainly down to how they implement their ideas though.

I think most of the negative feeling towards him was very little to do with who he is, or the level he’s worked at before. It was mainly down to the sudden
    change from the Howe saga, which looked a near certainty. Had Ange been the guy that the board wanted from the beginning, and the bird had gone out and gotten him without some massively drawn out negotiations, allowing him to have been here since the end of the season, I don’t think many would be unhappy.

Hammy89 likes this.
  11. seanm

Unless he offloads kennedy and strachan and brings in his own team i wont believe a word he says. Soon see if he is a yes man.HH

12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

The way he answered the question about backroom staff it sounded as if they are staying (obviously) and he might just add to the team. He won’t get a say when it comes to these 2. Jobs for life if they want them.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye the lawwell thing folk seem to have misheard it.

I would like to know for sure though, if being part of the ECA thing means he needs to be attached to a club at the same time? But from what Dom said, he won't be involved either way, even if we do allow him the technicality.

I think it speaks volumes that all of this has been done without lawwell present. From the moment we was connected to Ange, I think there has only been one comment made by lawwell in the initial statement about getting Ange signed.

Definitely sounds more and more like Dom McKay played a bigger part in this deal (having known him from Australia and Japan), than the connection to the City Group. Which probably was still utilised in some fashion.

As for Ange and the "yes man" accusations, you can't blame us for that conclusion.
    Look at it from our side, where the first time we even heard his name was 4 weeks ago.
    He left a club to come to us, where the only known connection to the fans at the time was the city group - that Celtic and Peter lawwell have buddied up with all too happily to ge their rejects at times.
    He leaves Japan taking none of his staff at all, to walk in to Celtic where we are informed last season's staff are being kept on for him.

We saw this unfold previously with Ronnie deila, where coaching staff was forced on to him. Coming from Norway, initially never brought his own staff at all and instead was "introduced" to John Collins and telt that was his assistant.

The similarities between that and Ange was all far too similar.

But herein lies the issues at Celtic, where the club refuse to engage with the support and keep us upto date and guessing.

So yeah, on the face of it, we have/had a unknown manager trekking half way around the world to a job because he was "connected" and seemed happy to leave his own staff out, in favour of what ever Celtic dropped on him.

Yesterday's communication certainly has went a long way though, we now have a better understanding of the process of how/who brought Ange here. And now after properly hearing Ange speak about things to do with Celtic, there is a settling feeling that he is the sort of guy the Aussie lads allude to.

Yesterday went a long way to begin bridging a gap with the support. Long may it continue, because on the face of this, Dom and Ange look like they could be a good starting block for Celtic going forward.

Glad to have Ange here, like he said himself, he will have all the support on his side willing him to do well. No doubt about that.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Any 'yes man' accusations levelled at Postecoglou are utterly baseless, at present.

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think born out of frustration that he’s not come off a plane wielding an axe.

He’s no even unpacked his suitcase yet FFS.

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yeah that jumped out at me as well. Face the MSM as they aren’t going to ask him tough questions but nowhere to be seen in the fan presser. Very telling.

Don’t even know why the * had to be at the MSM press conference anyway. Creepy lying shitehawk of a man.

littlekennie and Garrymac1888 like this.
  17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It’s definitely just words at the moment I agree, however they were comforting words and just a little bit exciting should we follow up on them, actually implement the ideas and it all comes to fruition.

Certainly going to be interesting over the next while.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Read elsewhere that we had sold 48,000 season tickets as of close of business yesterday. That is utterly incredible considering the apathy recently and the fact we usually only sell 52,000 usually.

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Utterly expected considering till yesterday we had no communication and all things up to that point had extremely worrying similar signs to that of Deila having staff thrusted upon him.

It's brilliant to see after yesterday that this was a Dom appointment and not a Lawwell and son effort.
    It's brilliant to hear Ange acknowledge the concerns of the fans regarding the coaching staff and speak out that they too will get the same chance to prove themselves as the players, but end of the day they only remain if they are his choice.

Up til then we didn't know any of that. So hardly fair saying it was baseless and almost claiming that anyone who was of that opinion/fear would have been daft.

20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member