1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Yeah few positions were lacking but He’ll want Atleast a couple training sessions with our current players before bringing certain players in. I was also sceptical and as fans and after the year we’ve had it was rightfully so. I was always gonna back him (we all want Celtic to succeed) but felt underwhelmed at first, now I feel quite positive about the appointment of him and even Dom. Bit of a buzz back for the first time in a while and hopefully we’ve landed a gem

kramer1 and McChiellini.. like this.
  2. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    One thing that really shone through from his personality and demeanour is that he comes across as being extremely confident in his abilities, without being arrogant. It’s not all about him, but he’ll set certain standards that he’ll hold himself and all his players to.

Simply put, he comes across as the type of manager who players will run through brick walls for.

For the first time in a while, I feel quite confident about our future.

3. AussieGreek

This is already doing the rounds on social media

Attached Files:

Lebo, Noskeil, craigtheceltic and 5 others like this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

It's a good point you make, he gives off the impression that he dosen't do bullshit, or suffer fools gladly.

His pressers should be entertaining lol.

5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Bankier such a shitebag happily goes to media presser knowing they won’t test him but dodges the fan media because he k owe the guns are out for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. AussieGreek

SuperZidane likes this.
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Won’t take *, principled, very engaging to listen to from a football ideology perspective.

He’s kicked off as well as you could have hoped, time for him to get to work. His next month may be his most important as relates to the outcome of him as manager being positive or not.

8. anthony valletta

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom rogic
    I know it’s early days but I’m glad you guys are starting to take to him….. like I said a few weeks ago and mean no disrespect to the previous few managers what you have in Ange is a next level all round manager… this is just the beginning wait till he gets the lads on the change rooms apparently he is an absolute master at motivational speaking. Even Tim Cahil said he is the best by far that he has ever listened to. As for those Kennedy and laptop fellas he has already made up his mind guaranteed

The big Viduka and Double Dutch like this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Just watched the fan conference there.

* it, I am sold on both now!

Dom still seems too political and PR polished, but he said everything repeatedly and in front of Ange.

There is only one direction he can go from here, and that is to act on everything he said - or fall on his own words.

Actions (again) will always say more than words, but I am sold enough to believe they are going to do this properly.

Few weeks time I believe we will see the start of this new world we dream of, and in doing so I'll support them as much as I can in every way I can as well.

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I * love the guy already.

11. Scubaroo

I'm happy to see how much the supporters have already bought into the big guy, can't see how the players won't be exactly the same. There will be players that will be so completely be opposed to him in charge but I'm confident he'll turn them all around
    Bring on the signings, that will be his biggest challenge. But he's be successful in that in the past with obviously very modest budgets.

12. celticdawg

Came across very well in the pressers as did dom tbf , he might not have been the sexy choice of manager for most of us but the supporters will support him and give him every chance ........Lets hope the people in charge do the same thing !!

13. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Good to see some you who were sceptical about his appointment are now onboard and willing to give the guy a chance.
    I am glad that you all worked that he is not a yes man.
    He will intimidate the press,they will get slaughtered by Ange if they ask dumb questions.It is gonna be great watching
    You guys are fortunate to have the big fella
    I would be shaking in my boots if I were Kennedy or Strachan.

Noskeil, VT8 and SuperZidane like this.
  14. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    They two are about to dish out their last bibs and lay out their last cones (hopefully)

Lewis Kerr and The big Viduka like this.
  15. SuperZidane

Absolutely - I actually read some of the comments on here before I watched the actual discussion. It was better than I had hoped and I think Ange came across really well.

I don't understand why a couple of posters are saying that Lawwell is still involved for 2 years. He's on the ECA for another 2 years - that's totally different and has nothing to do with the day to day running of our club. Of course McKay said that Lawwell would always pick up the phone if he called etc etc etc - of course he did, what else would you expect him to say?

Having seen a lot of coverage of Ange here in Aus, I never bought into the "yes man" BS about Kennedy and Strachan. I don't blame him for having them there initially as this has been a "whirlwind" in his own words. He needs someone who knows the club and Scottish football until he finds his feet.

He made it perfectly clear that he'll give folk a chance but, if he doesn't think they'll work out (players or staff) then changes will be made.

As long as he's backed by the club and doesn't take too long before deciding someone won't fit in - I'm very optimistic.

16. Mr Cleansheets

As someone who's been singing Ange's praises for 245 pages I'll avoid any "ah telt ye so" for now.

But it does my heart good to see people starting to accept him. The man's a magician - but still needs to be properly supported to build the team and style necessary to achieve the vision.

Rydo1888*, Peej, VT8 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Al Bootyerbaws

Gave a good first impression of himself. Looks like a guy that won't take any *.

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Something that I wished for in a manager (or anyone at our club recently).

charlietully and The Prof like this.
  19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I don't think there was a question that the support would take to him. We know it's not his fault that he finds himself in this * show but we're all hoping he turns us around, the noises he makes are music to our ears so far.

There's obviously huge question marks over him which won't be answered until he has some matches under his belt. 'ah telt ye so'? Hod your whisht. We haven't even kicked off a friendly yet.

20. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Not to pop his balloon, but so has the manager of North Korea.

I poke fun because managing your country on the world's biggest stage is some feat.

AussieGreek and The big Viduka like this.