1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AussieGreek

What do we consider acceptable results for the 2021-22 season since we are just weeks away from playing the Danes and don't even have a starting XI?

In my humble opinion, judgement on Ange should be passed after the mid-season transfer window.

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I think he will be given time, but normally at Celtic a manager isn't afforded that kinda luxury if results are poor, outwith Europe we are expected to win every game, that's a lot of pressure.

He also has to oversee a major rebuild in a short space of time, not an easy task.

AussieGreek likes this.
  3. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Dunno why but anytime I look at him the first thought I get is ‘I bet he does massive shites’

4. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I also liked the questions, no beating around the bush, asking about Ajer, Edouard & Strachan ect

Crilly likes this.
  5. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I wouldn’t like to clean out his cage :giggle1:

Rydo1888* and Gioventu like this.
  6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not even finished the first question getting asked from the fan media event and I’m already cringing like *.

7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Tony Mowbray’s got a mention by the *.

* me :56::56::56::56:

8. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Fan media conference was superb, some great questions which got right to the point. Both Ange and Dom were excellent and it's eased some of my concerns on certain issues massively.

So many things to discuss but that 53 minutes or so has just put things in a much more positive light going forward.

Obviously it's just words at the moment but my faith is restored to a point, and hopefully things start progressing like I think they will.

Great stuff from them both, bravo.

Crilly likes this.
  9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Came in to say the same thing. I got halfway through it and had to turn it off.

* embarrassing that it’s the first question he’s been asked by the fans.

Dannybhoy81 and Valhalla like this.
  11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Even a few minutes in McKay seems far more comfortable talking about his job and what he wants to with the fans rather than stuff about DOF’s, Lawwell etc.

12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mate I don’t think he even asked a question at the end of it.

A woman from Celtic took the mic and reminded fans to ask a question :giggle1:

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He speaks extremely well, hard not to love the guy.

He's quite clearly a level above the likes of Keane, Lennon, Kennedy etc, quite excited to see how the season unfolds.

It's also good to hear he has the final decision on Kennedy and Strachan. I'd prefer them both gone but if Ange wants to keep them then fair enough, it's better than them being forced on him.

honda likes this.
  14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Celtic Football Club’s incoming Chief Executive Dom McKay said he is focused on building a structure of long-term success at Celtic, through both the Academy and new players, and promised Ange Postecoglou would have all the support needed to succeed.

Dom McKay spoke at length about his plans to bring success to Celtic as he sat alongside Ange Postecoglou for the manager’s first press conference as Celtic manager.

“Ange is, of course, the manager of Celtic and will lead the football side," said the Chief Executive. "I, having taken up the position of Chief Executive, will look across the whole organisation at the football, the business and the engagement and we’ll make sure we have the right structure for the next decade, that’s really important.

'With the experience we have with Ange, at the international level and club level at Japan and Australia, I’m going to tap into great expertise to make sure we have the right football environment. What’s really important to me is that we win and that we have success and sustained success.'

"That means you have the right environment across those three areas I mentioned. I couldn’t be more pleased to have someone with the experience and depth of experience Ange has.”

Dom McKay underlined the importance of working closely with Ange Postecoglou, as well as the fresh perspective they both brought to their respective roles, in their efforts to meet the club’s targets.

He added: “The target for every Celtic manager and every Celtic supporter is about winning and having success. We’re craving that success. We’ve had unbelievable success, nine titles in a row and Quadruple Trebles so we want to get back to successful ways and we want to do that with a style, panache and a flair that Ange’s teams in Japan and Australia have delivered. I think it’s about winning, of course, it is, but it’s about doing it in a certain way.

“There’s a lot to do and that’s the great challenge. In some respects, Ange and I are both outsiders so it gives us an opportunity to look around with fresh eyes with a fresh perspective at various parts of the club. The club is in fantastic fundamental shape. We’ve had a disappointing season last year but our job is to bring back that success and have winning teams on the park.”

Celtic’s incoming Chief Executive said the club’s Academy could play a fundamental role in the road to success as he pledged his full support to back Celtic’s new manager.

“We want to make sure we have the right model and a blend,” he said. “The key thing is the manager gets the support he needs to have the right team around him and that’s what we’re motivated to do. The opportunity to come to Celtic is a huge attraction for a lot of players both for the academy system, which we’ll want to have a look at and develop, but also in terms of opportunities for players to come in from overseas.

“It’s a blend naturally, and what I’m interested in doing is making sure we have the right support for Ange and his colleagues on the football side to make sure we have successful teams.”

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    For the first 6 months it will probably be about performances, if we can see its coming into place he’ll get leeway. If it looks defensively frail, he won’t.

AussieGreek likes this.
  16. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just watched the press conference and it made me smile for the first time in a while with anything to do with us . He sounded very focused on the job in hand and the way he wants to play .
    Ive got a good feeling about him he will take no nonsense . I didnt want him but the more i listen to him the more i like him

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Basically Kennedy and Strachan have the preseason to prove themselves to Ange.

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Loved his answer when he was asked if there was anything about him people have misunderstood or don’t know about him.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    What’d he say?

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We moan in here day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year about bias in the SFA, referees etc but yet cringe when a fan asks what we plan to do about it going forward? Ange certainly never thought it was cringe, loved his response.

“I will protect this football club and let no one take advantage of it”

Paraphrasing slightly but you love to hear it. Good thing is you * believe the mad * when he says it :giggle1: