1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. horseshoe

Honestly wouldn't expect anything else from people that high up in business, they're pretty much trained to do it, like politicians, speak well without actually saying anything. It's annoying but whatever, we'll judge him on how he does the job, not answering questions from our shitehawk sports 'journalists'.

2. TonyTim

I'm still not convinced with Ange, until he apppoints his own coaching team I think he will be hindered by Kennedy and Strachan. Those 2 have agendas against some players, they coach and operate the way Lennon did. I can see Kennedy now, arms folded , rolling his eyes every time Ange tries to put an idea out, I can see conflict. For Ange to succeed he will deffinatley.need his own team in, talk is cheap, judgement will be when we start playing and what results he brings.

The Phoenix and seanm like this.
  3. seanm

As long as kennedy strachan and the tory board remain we will not progress this season and our club identity is being cleansed HH

4. dmccourt95

Interview was birthday caird pish sprinkled with a bit of doom. If he bins Griffiths Kennedy and Strachan then I’ll have hope

TonyTim likes this.
  5. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    They both came across very well. He will appoint a new backroom team if he feels he needs one.

People bang on about Kennedy and Strachan as if they have some knowledge of the inner workings behind the scenes. They don't so if he decides to keep them on board it will be his decision, because he likes the way they come across. I guess they have a couple of weeks to impress.

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Like any manager ultimately he will be judged on results and performances, all the rest is just window dressing.

7. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Dom McKay- "securing Ange is a huge coup"..... the emperors new clothes kind of nonsensical pish that some happy clappers will lap up and believe.

In saying that, good luck Ange....I like the cut of your jib and hope and pray you bring us and you lots of success.

The remaining cesspit of our club can nibble on my gooch.

The Phoenix likes this.
  8. Dip 'n' Swerve

I like the cut of his jib - seems no nonsense would rather be out coaching and organising the team that doing the media rounds. I expect short sharp interviews and feel this team will be the best prepared team to go into CL games in the last 3 seasons.

A few signing in the next 2 weeks to bed into the team are much needed inject some energy into the squad.

The Prof likes this.
  9. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Some great takeaways from today.

- No Strachan for DoF.

-McKay seems to want to make the job his own. Spoke very well.

-No Ange chatting * about the great job Lennedy has done, basically saying he will figure out what do with Lennedy and Laptop after he sees how they work.

- Ange refusing to be drawn into the Sevco question. Shut it down immediately with a great retort.

- Ange telling every player they're on thin * ice. Only MERIT gets you a start now, not whether you someone's favourite.

- Ange is working hard on transfers. Some are in the pipe for the qualifier.

BUT....there's also some things which are disconcerting...

- Lawell is still in the building. For the next 2 years.

- Eddy and Ajer are for the off. But no word on Lee Evans.

- McKay was slick... A little too slick for my liking.

- As another poster pointed out, that * face when the reporter asked about the fan disconnect said everything we need to know. The * still treat us with utter contempt.

All in all, a good day.

But LOTS of work to be done.

Artorias and Rydo1888* like this.
  10. Dip 'n' Swerve

good start as a manager - contact every squad player tell them what he is all about, if your onboard come with me, if not, start looking for a club pronto. We have no time ever for passengers! esp not this season, we need to start the season with a bang and show our intent!!

11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Who's Lee Evans?

I'm not even doing the predictable sweaty unfunny comedian gag

12. Dip 'n' Swerve

I expect high tempo training sessions the way it should be - train the way you play - keep standards high.
    trainings are like a match - not * about at head tennis and making faces for the snapchat or twitter pages which was happening the last few seasons. When things are well on the pitch these things can happen but don't distract from the basics.

Just seeing him yesterday in training shouting, demanding, motivating and showing energy has already showed me has more about him that lennon. YOu can tell that lifts the players gives them a buzz and reason to get into training quicker.
    Keep this going all season bring in a new spine of the team and lets have a rattle in the first 3 months of the season we aren't asking for miracles just effort, passion, hard work and be clinical.

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Don't see the merit in keeping either of the existing coaching staff on, particularly after last season.

Its time Kennedy tries it somewhere else.

Peej likes this.
  14. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I actually thought both Ange and Dom spoke well, I wouldn’t expect anything less from our CEO to say lots but mean very little the truest elements were about Ange and how well thought of he is amongst his peer group and colleagues. As for the rest the message was take the club forward and modernise it both on and off the park.

I think Ange was more diplomatic than he will be in match press conferences, due to being sat next to the Chairman and CEO which he was consciously watching his P&Q’s I’m sure there was a few questions especially the Jump question we’re he wanted to say fck off * head to the reporter.

it was an interesting first exposure to both of them you can tell Dom is very much the polished lead man has the right attitude cool a demure in his responses never really saying much or revealing our truth I think I like him and think he will be a good front man as for his Leadership like Ange we will wait and see

as for Ange when he’s unshackled I think the staff and the players are in for a rude awakening I hope so anyway.

Dannybhoy81 and The big Viduka like this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Hope the guy will not tolerate any unprofessionalism at the club.

16. scootz

Thought Ange and Dom both came across very well.

Good start… time to put that into action.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Christie

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    As a bare minimum you would at least expect them to talk a good game lol.

Will be interesting tae see the calibre of players we will be bringing in.

bhoy81 likes this.
  19. James Gold Member Gold Member

I think he said pretty much what was expected although some of the questions are utterly pointless. Did enjoy him shutting up Chris Mclaughlin though.

When is the supporters Q&A that's where the decent questions will be ask

20. Crilly Hakuhna matata

But lawell will stay involved with the club……. :31: