1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Ange will * them off as soon as he has milked them.

2. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Kennedy didn’t even stand up to greet him, what a *.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  3. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    If he’s actually done that, he’s already shown his hand, what a dumb *. He will be gone by the CL qualifier.

4. murphy88

Postecoglou won’t decide whether Kennedy and Strachan go or stay.

bhoy81 and Artorias like this.
  5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Guys on a hiding to nothing was never getting a job in Europe, hes eating a bit of * the now once he starts winning things * be in a better bargaining position to get what he wants,

Realistically speaking we have to go for young prospects we can barely compete with championship clubs now regarding fees but mostly wages, the experiment with the man city young stars and French prospects was good but it comes with mad egos that really damaged us and I think a little unfairly

James likes this.
  6. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye I don't understand how anyone could by in to the notion that this guy was going to walk in with a list of demands and walk away if he never got what he wanted. This is as big a job as he will ever get and he is just thankful for the chance similar to Ronny

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  7. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    You are right, Dom will. If Dom has anything about him, then the two would have discussed for the last few days, while Ange and him have been in London, the vision, how they both operate and how they will make the rebuild their own.

Anyone who stands in the way or shows any dissent will be given their marching orders by Dom, on recommendation from Ange. To make this successful, the CEO and manager will walk in stride, otherwise it’s over for both of them.

Lebo likes this.
  8. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    No, I have heard he is on the warpath and wants they two out pronto...

9. Sgt Neppers*

Heard from where??

10. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Haha, people still trying to convince themselves that Howe isn’t just the same as about 90% of people involved in or who follow the English game in thinking that Crystal Palace, Southampton or Everton are bigger than us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Mr Cleansheets

Kennedy's mum?

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  12. FrankMcCallum

I would be so much more excited if Big Ange was bringing in his own staff.

This will be a hindrance to him more than anything. Strachan Jnr has got to be the boards inside man.

13. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Calm down folks.

We knew this was going to be caveat of his early tenure. Theres nothing to be done...

Yet.

Lennedy himself said he doesn't know what the future will hold, and we shouldn't be getting bent out of shape because they two imposters were there on welcome day. They've been running things since Lennon left.

Ange will need time to settle. Take the measure of the place etc.

I * hate Kennedy, but I'm not expecting his head to roll just yet.

Ange might be the forceful personality the Oz Bhoys keep telling us, but hopefully he has measure of intelligence too.

If I was him I would be watching and waiting.

I'm the new boss.

How much loyalty is given to Kennedy by the general staff around the place?

How much by the players? Does he have allies in the boardroom?

Does his influence extend beyond Lennoxtown to the support in any way?

What info can I glean from him before I move on him?

How likely is he to move of his own accord? Can I push him toward that?

How much of a role did he have with past failures and successes?

How likely is it that I would be facing consequences if I send him packing too soon?
    And if so, are they severe enough to affect morale within the squad, or even foster resentment against myself?

Ange will need to examine all of these things and more. It's important to remember that Ange is the new guy, the boss yes, but still the new guy, and everyone will be aware that he wasn't first choice, which will bring its own preconceptions with it, from staff and players.

Kennedy is dug in at Lennoxtown like a * tick. And like all parasites, you have to be careful how you remove them.

14. SuperZidane

They didn't "sign new deals" - Celtic took up the remaining 1 year option on Ralson (not sure about Griffiths yet). I'm not a fan of either (particularly Ralston) but they can do a job against 90% of SPFL teams.

This summer, we have lost Kenny, Laxalt, Duffy, Elyounoussi, Ntcham, Brown - since Christmas we also lost Frimpong and Klimala - very likely to lose Eddie, Ajer, Christie and neither Hendry nor Bayo will likely be back. We have brought in 1 player - Liam Shaw.

Jullien is likely not fit until September. I wish Bolongoli hadn't come back.

We start playing competitive games in 4 weeks - I have no issue giving Ralston 1 more year as a squad player or Griffiths if Ange is satisfied.

The transfer window has only been open 2 weeks (and Ange has just arrived) so there are another 10 weeks.

I'll wait to see what players we go for and what signings we make before judging him.

Lebo and Graeme1888 like this.
  15. SuperZidane

That remains to be seen. This is his big (and probably only) chance to prove himself at a major club - I'd be amazed if he didn't want at least 1 person he's worked with before.

When he arrived in Scotland yesterday, he'd only ever met McKay in person. I don't find it too surprising that he would at least utilize Kennedy to get familiar with the club, structure, facilities, players.

Given what I have read about him, I'd be surprised if he allowed Kennedy/Strachan to be foisted on him - if I'm wrong and things go badly then he has only himself to blame.

I honestly expect at least one of his previous coaches\assistants to arrive in the next few weeks. I do think it's up to Ange whether Kennedy/Strachan stay involved with the first team and he will stand or fall on that decision.

If he doesn't want them involved then the club can either let them go or move them to other duties (I don't care which as long as they are not causing issues for Ange).

I don't really want either of them around but I'll see what happens over the next month or so before making any judgements on Ange.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  16. MAP

Sensible posts have no place here; this is an internet forum where ridiculous assumptions and conclusions abound. :celt_smil

17. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Has Ange brought any of his coaching staff?

18. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    This

19. Mr Cleansheets

None announced yet.

I'm hoping he brings John Hutchinson or Arthur Pappas.

World Champion likes this.
  20. Scubaroo

I would assume one of these two will come in at some point.
    He'll utilise whos already in place and hopefully in time he will bring one of the two above and it would be nice if he had someone we don't know about that has uk experience.