1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    Regardless of he or we, the team he picked won, his tactics won it, he showed too much loyality to players because of their price tags, hopefully this is the turn around that we have been dreaming of, still think we will miss out on the league by a small margin.

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk

2. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Regardless if it was a fluke or not the defending from set pieces is pub fitbaw stuff. Its embarrassing

thailandceltic likes this.
  3. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    If only all our games would be meaningless, we might win the league with Lennon.

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  4. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    I'm not sure if it was his tactics. Why should he come up with proper tactics after not doing so for 3 months? And if he did you should ask him why he needed 3 months to get it right. Doesn't sound like a very good manager tbh.

Think we did better with pressing and game control because we had a midfield with players that can run, tackle and introduce an attack. Also McGregor didn't have to protect Soro. Our midfield didn't slowed down the game like it did for 3 months. I think the players made the difference, not the manager. The manager should be asl why he didn't play those players. Even the supporters called for them to get a chance for months. How can the fans see more than the manager.

Hope we can move forward from here but Lennon isn't a long term solution. He makes too many mistakes and repeats them on a yearly basis. Comes next season, he will again play players out of position.

rickyroma25 and Twisty like this.
  5. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    I agree with that point but the first was an error due to McGregor, we shipped one goal through a set piece.

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk

6. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    And have every single game since st Johnstone

7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

8. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think giving someone the assistant managers job just because they have done their badges and have been here for a while isn't that great of an idea. That's how u end up with a john kennedy situation.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Hopefully just choosing his words for man management reasons, I hope those aren't this hear thoughts. Not going to lie, it worries me a bit.

Same team for Sunday, please.

10. Lecs

He MUST play that team again man.

Turnbull and Soro were outstanding.

See to actually see players with energy and fight and be so positive with and without the ball!? * breath of fresh air.

Nice to actually see a celtic player whip a corner in with pace and purpose. * sick of Ryan Christie's * soft corners that don't beat the first man.

The core of players has been * letting him down week in week out, those guys last night showed more fight, hunger and determination than the usual suspects.

Those players are a huge part of why he is edging closer and closer to losing his job, so he has to * pick guys that will play and fight for him and the club.

If I don't see turnbull and soro in there on Sunday I will be * raging.

I've been quite passive and calm, after weeks of ranting and raving I've basically accepted that we're losing the league and we're *.

But I backed Neil Lennon last night before the game with his formation and personell.

If he goes back to brown, Christie, elhamed, edouard, Barkas on sunday I'll lose the * plot.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  11. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Yeah well you could be right on that one but I think that coaching at the very least is the next logical job for him. Maybe within the club and if he's ambitious enough work his way up. That obviously worked for Kennedy. Although I just have this negative vibe about Kennedy and don't expect him to get the top job. Maybe the current situation has a bearing on that.

12. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Neil says yous are all spoilt and hard to please, I agree.

(then had a wee word in Graham’s ear after)

GBNL

upload_2020-12-11_13-50-28.jpeg

13. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    The thing was thou it was anything but meaningless for them they were desperate to win the group and we beat them with a display which was excellent unlike other games when a team s came back we’ve just gave up, head s down, feeling sorry for ourselves and accepting a defeat, last night bhoys like soro Turnbull, Henderson weren’t accepting a defeat and kept going till we got our win

14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I still have absolutely no belief in what Neill Lennon is doing.. hes an absolute bullshitter..

Yea that was a good performance from the majority of our team lastnight which brings even bigger questions of his management..

Why the * has Soro not played this season..?

Why the * has Turnball not played this season..?

Why the * has young Hendo not played this season?

Why the * did we pay 5 Million for a keeper thats * if we have a very good keeper in Hazard?

Subs again last night were too late..

We looked very comfortable playing four at the back which was forced because Frompong went off..

Anyone gushing over Lennon last night has a very short memory and 100% will revert back to the same pish Sunday..

Wouldnt say last night was a fluke, we have this quality in our squad if utilised properly, it hasn't and I don't have confidence it will again Sunday

Edit.. Dont even get me started on the three stooges looking at the laptop just before half time...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  15. Crilly Hakuhna matata

“It’s a tough auditence in Glasgow. They’re hard to please.” Does he know his record for the last 10-12 games? Not very pleasing form. Keeps saying he’s been in this position before and prevailed as a manager he has evidence. There’s also evidence of him failing with Bolton and hibs. Hopefully he picks the same team come Sunday but have a feeling he will change it around

16. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yeah I agree his only next move is coaching if he wants to stay in the game at all. A full time youth coach would be a good start for him n see how he goes.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Hold onto your hat. Can’t really disagree with any of that.

thailandceltic likes this.
  18. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If we don't win tomorrow I'll have my 1st doubts about us winning the 10. We will win though!

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We aren’t winning tomorrow so forget it.

Xatraps, JML67, littlekennie and 5 others like this.
  20. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda