1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Sunday will be so so telling.

I agree with you and I wonder if he will go back to the old * to get it up popular opinion or if he will be pragmatic and accept he has * up picking the same * * with * poor attitude.

Lecs, JML67, Twisty and 1 other person like this.
  2. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think he should be going for the same team if possible on Sunday. Seen more desire and fight last night than the rest of the season combined. Conceding hearing him say he needs to “be careful” with them....laxalt came in without any match fitness and was straight in and was operating at a higher level so not buying that. The team need a big kick up the * and no one last night deserves to lose their place to guys who have done * all this season. Credit where it’s due for changing it up, maybe too little too late but Turnbull and soro are exactly what we have missed in the middle of the park

Lecs, TheWolf and Peej like this.
  3. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I'd wager that Lawell has stipulated that Ntcham, Eddy, Christie, Ajer have to be playing to increase their value. They are our biggest (financial) assets whether we like it or not and i'm now of the opinion these Zoom meetings were Lennon being told to remember he has to play certain players.

4. Martybhoy53

Asked why Turnbull, a £3m summer signing from Motherwell, had not played more, Lennon suggested it takes time for players to get used to Celtic's methods.

?????????????

5. Tomas

Surely he learned as much as the rest of us last night. Celtic perform much better going forward, not across and backwards, play at pace and create scoring opportunities. It would be absurd to go back to previous selections, Turnbull and Soro must be given a run of games, with Henderson and even Hazard also in the line up. The next few weeks can be so different from the previous ones, let's hope Neil Lennon sees it that way too.

Mickmac and johnboy19 like this.
  6. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Desmond probably sits on matchdays cheering on the Celtic PLC dot on a London Stock Exchange line graph.

Senna s1979, JML67, W33kev and 2 others like this.
  7. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Underplay ourselves at press conferences and to the media in general, say to them were a long way behind so it looks doubtful we will win the title, whilst we take one game at a time play them like cup finals.
    Watch the pressure shift from us to the huns, we start a winning run and start enjoying it watch huns start * themselves, watch that lead evaporate, we got nothing now so nothing to lose they have written us off

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Quite likely, however, Lawwell seemingly has no idea that poor performances lower a player's value!

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  9. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    [​IMG]

Tomas, W33kev and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  10. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

No point sitting pretending that we've not been utter * all season because he fluked one result :32:

Peej likes this.
  11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Probably true, but for all the wrong reasons.

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I've thought about that myself.

A strong manager doesn't accept that sort of interference though, as ultimately they carry the can when on the park performances and resulrs go wrong.

13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This is why a Rodgers type appointment won't happen as long as Lawwell and Desmond are at the club.

Peej likes this.
  14. shieldsybhoy

Didn't Lawwell and Desmond appoint Rodgers?

15. stew37

Aside from being forced into changes because of injuries, I don't see how he can change the team going into the Kilmarnock game, would make no sense, particularly in the middle though. If he messes about with that again I think it will really * people off. The players have shown they can perform fine, and provide more of exactly what's been required all * season. Like a broken record but it's been blatantly obvious.

16. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    The performance against Lille was a massive difference from what we have seen since the slump started, players fighting for balls digging deep, going forward I noticed we were also more aggressive holding off opposition players and not losing the ball as much, hopefully team carries this new found attitude into the rest of the season soro Turnbull breath of fresh air.

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Should have put "again" in my post you quoted. Apologies.

18. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    Fluked a result, don't talk * we were in their faces from the get go, even when we went ahead for the 3rd time he brought on subs etc and had the team run down the clock to win the game something we have not been doing for a while, fluke my * we had a winning mentality yesterday something we have not had for a wee while.

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk

Slater67 and Slaw like this.
  19. stew37

I wouldn't say we fluked the result. It was disappointing to lose a goal so soon after going up, and I just wasn't really surprised. But credit to the players they showed character and played well against a very good side. Will wait and see how we do against a team that sits back, but I think with that midfield pulling the strings we're so much more lively and able to open them up. I said I wouldn't want much change but thinking about it, I'd probably want 2 strikers as well, as I do every domestic game. Ideally our game would have been the early game in Sunday, pump Kilmarnock and try and put some kind of pressure on the huns later.

Maybe wise to not get ahead of ourselves though. I think it's probable we're rebuilding for next year if I'm honest. Have turned these corners before with games against Hibs, Aberdeen, last game with Lille, part of Milan game.

W33kev likes this.
  20. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

He fluked it because he picked a team he wouldn't have picked otherwise. If it was a meaningful game that lineup would have been totally different. I never said WE fluked a result :87:

oh bhoy and littlekennie like this.