1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Feels good to be looking forward to 10 in a row again. Fans, board, squad and coaching staff all completely united. Might have chips to celebrate.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  2. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I would start the same 11 Sunday. He picked that team last night not to blood players, not for the fans, not because of any managerial or tactical nous.
    That team was picked to rest his crew for the weekend and he felt this was a dead rubber. He has no real history of developing players. In fact he tends to stick to a core of 15 or so and disregard the rest. Brown Christie Eddy Ntcham Bitton El Hamed Rogic Ajeti will all be considered for starting places ahead of Paddy Turnbull Henderson & Soro.
    He should get Soro to coach the midfielders on how to do a proper press, chap was magnificent.

Scenes in this thread when he picks the usual suspects.

Twisty likes this.
  3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Well I think he's done his coaching badges has he not? He's worked under a few Celtic managers so he must have picked up something? I think he has the right personality although that would have to be proved. A team could do worse than him as an assistant. I think he would launch himself into it wholeheartedly. It's just an opinion because I don't know the skillset required but if we're ticking some boxes there's the few that I would tick.

Gabriel likes this.
  4. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    depressing :54:

5. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah I know Jeannie. Sorry.
    Been working on trying to take a more positive look at all things Celtic. Unfortunately my natural pessimism is getting amplified with the rut we're currently in.
    Honestly tho, I genuinely believe he reverts to form and picks the underperforming players Sunday.

JML67, Peej and Jeannie960 like this.
  6. mayo

He’s got to start Turnbull and Soro Sunday. Like ppl have said nice to get the win but how has it took Lenny this long to give them a game.

Crilly, seanm and Jeannie960 like this.
  7. CelticBoabie

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    If he leaves out Soro and Turnbull on Sunday, he should be kicked tae * all the way towards the Barras.

Crilly, Lecs, Peej and 2 others like this.
  8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Not everyone will start but soro and Turnbull start and that transforms us. His crosses was deadly man. Easily tell chrsitie to get to * now going by that, replaced.

Smithy, seanm and Jeannie960 like this.
  9. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    That team that played last night should start in the cup final. They were the epitome of what we Celtic Supporters have come to expect of our team.

Sonic Reducer and seanm like this.
  10. seanm

indeed they were jeanie. but lenny still has to go or we will go back to being * im afraid. when you lose the dressing room like lennnon has you have to go .HH

Jeannie960 likes this.
  11. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    The whole coaching staff is a disgrace and if one goes they all have to go. Time is up for Lenny and Kennedy. Their behaviour has been disgraceful and totally unprofessional. * knows how the players are coping with that. There's an obvious breakdown in management and this is where we are at because of it.

Crilly, Scotia, Sonic Reducer and 2 others like this.
  12. seanm

soro turnbull and henderson have arrived thank *. a pleasure watching my old celtic not this passing around the back *. hope frimpong is ok. still lennon must go.HH

Crilly, Sgt Neppers* and Jeannie960 like this.
  13. The Dude

I think that the most sensible thing that we can do at this point is develop a team that can challenge for the title next season.

Wee Baldy and Jeannie960 like this.
  14. seanm

dead right jeanie. my mental health was going crazy watching how bad we had become. a new manager with new thinking and that squad we have we would still be in the league chasing deadco ,still are . santa give us a whole new backroom squad. be safe,x.HH

Jeannie960 likes this.
  15. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    All the happy clappers out in force I see. Forgetting that the players they are praising have been overlooked while we have been honking basically all season, and no doubt will be again soon enough. That was not some tactical masterclass last night, it was guys who have been desperate for a chance giving their all in what NL decided was a nothing match. If that was a game that could have got us through to the next stage, do you honestly think Soro, Turnbull, Hazard, Henderson or Klimala would have been anywhere near that team ?

freitassen, Big els, Valhalla and 3 others like this.
  16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Sometimes that's what it takes though for some to get there chance. Sit up and take notice. No point being a negative * when our team just slautered a team 2 points off psg. The same team that could humiliated us.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Exactly.

It needs to be reminded that by Lennon's own admittance, that was a squad of players he deems not first teamers and not worth fighting for points.

He's been shown up by the players last night's proven he has got it massively wrong all season by sticking by the usual suspects. No more so than brown who instantly ruins the midfield to the extent it is nonexistent.

If he drops either of soro or turnbull at the weekend then it will just highlight his stubborn nature to bring back failing players of the last 4 months at least.

None of this, even if he manages to pick a team properly changes anything about him in regards to how he manages a squad.
    He fails to coach and develop players properly. His training and fitness is * poor and it will only be a matter of time before he ruins these few shining lights as well.

It's what he has done for a decade now, he hasn't suddenly changed over night.
    Best thing he does is stick by the players that show some hunger, but he will burn then out and through lack of coaching and development he will ruin them as well when they inevitably don't have a perfect game.

These are the basics of what is wrong with Lennon and the coaching staff and fundamentally why they need to * off already.

The shining light isn't that Lennon can now turn this around no corner had been turned.
    It's as simple as there is still hope that a new manager could actually do the right thing by the squad.

Anyone coming in here and seriously clapping away to this and saying "told you so" after one game is an absolute * as well. At least have the decency to wait till we have a league challenge in our hands again, until then the damage is far too bad and he is still showing no signs of fixing his failures.

I'll say it again, for short.
    The players pulled that one out their *. Not Lennon.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

18. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Lennon and Kennedy should be ashamed of themselves...if it is personal between them!

Selfish *'s....if this is the case.

19. h0tsh0t87

I’m looking at last night game differently but may be wrong as my dislike for Lennon is pretty off the scale at the moment.

All season fans have been saying play Turnbull and soro , give hazard a chance etc . I can’t help but think Lennon put out a team thinking that they would get t beat so he could turn round and say that’s the reason why they haven’t has d game time and it has completely back fired .

the same for Griffiths The majority of times Celtic get a bad result griffiths is a scapegoat for not being match fit yet apart from a few minutes cameo doesn’t get the chance to .

Peej likes this.
  20. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Totally agree. I hate all the fannying about at the back which allows teams to get themselves organised at the back whereas last night, Turnbull, Soro and Henderson were all looking for the ball early and making quick forward passes. I swear if they are not playing on Sunday I will be fecking raging.