1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Moore Moorsum1888 Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Just signed onto Social Media for the 1st time since October. Why is there so manny Lennon fanatics out there, like I would love to see this situation from there angle :56:

Won 2 in 12
    Lost 4 in a row at home, 1st time since 50's.
    The things hes coming out with in interviews.

Got called Fickle 14 times by fellow tims and signed out again. Im in pieces at them :56:

2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

As Gary Player said, the more you practice the luckier you get. Waiting on some nonsensical rub of the green is the ramblings of a man bereft of ideas.

3. SuperZidane

I neither hate Lennon nor do I indulge in personal abuse. However, I'll certainly feel free to express professional criticism of him if the performances continue to be ****. I always want Celtic to win but I'm not getting behind Lennon - he can't leave soon enough for me.

The club has regressed massively since he came back. This season is nothing short of a disgrace and we are already in a position of relying on the Huns to drop points even if we were to win all our games.

His statements have been unbelievable and frankly insulting to both players and fans. I think the dignified thing to do would be to approach DD about some sort of mutual consent payoff. Instead of that, he appears to be hanging around to be sacked and get his full wedge.

IMO he won't get another football management job or, if he does, it'll be at bargain basement level. Although he's too delusional about his own abilities to realize that.

I think we might scrape results against the likes of Dundee Utd and Hamilton and "should" beat championship Hearts in the Cup Final. This will probably be enough for them to say that Lenny has "turned the corner" and keep him on. The real worry is that any players brought in Jan will be of the Lawwell/Lennon vintage - i.e. cheap **** bought for resale value.

The only way that we will win the league is if Rangers* go bust. I'll always support the team but the day Lennon leaves/is sacked will be a step in the right direction for the club.

4. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Think it makes them a better fan than the rest of us. It's that simple. Try hards.

Moore and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  5. Dubliner1

Crills - we all need to stick together. All this in fighting between supporters, management, board, etc is doing us NO good. We are all losing focus. We should get behind the manager and team for now. Nothing is changing.

6. leeso-ardoyne

Logging into here and everytime i think about Lenny, the board and how far weve fallen it actually feels like some * in the family has died a horrible death! I just cant believe how sour its turned so quickly! What a * year this has been for everyone. 2020 was supposed to be the year we did 10IAR, fifth treble and the huns in ruins again. Them * are feeling like theyve just won the lottery now watching us impload!

With all that said i still do believe somehow our fortunes are going to change! All it takes is just to get on a winning streak again and who knows. Anyone who thinks the huns are going to win every game from now till the end of the season has had the same mindset of theyll never touch us again in a million years, its impossible. Well its happening and it can surely swing the other direction again. I do believe the huns will drop points before xmass. We will surely start picking up points again. Were Glasgow Celtic FFS. Jan will definitely see the board spend on new recruits, they know they have too! Few players will be run to *, money will be freed up and from Jan to May we will see a vast improvement in us and i honestly think itll be better chasing after xmass rather than looking over our shoulders then come May well have pulled these points back. Football is a funny game and its time for our supporters to start backing the team! Yes i 100% understand why whats been going on with our fans and i sort of agree with it however the board have made there decision and all we can do is back the team untill Jan and see what happens, because all the negative banners aint going to help the players mindset from now to Jan. They will be walking on egg shells. It calls for creative and positive thinking and positive banners and youll be surprised at what it can do for ones belief. I know its difficult to comprehend just now with how bad weve become but look for inspiration from the likes of Tyson fury for how quickly ones mind can change from being a big fat useless * not giving a * about anything, to becoming a beast again untouchable! Its time for everyone to get on board to help create these conditions instead of dragging us further! Its all we can do because that board aint changing it up untill JAn at the earliest.

Dubliner1 likes this.
  7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Remember the 90’s and what Lennon has been through, that’s their basic argument and it’s pathetic.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The CL exit, the pumpings in the Europa, losing tae the huns back to back at CP, dropping points in the League, losing tae ross county in the cup at CP, how the * can Lenny seriously spout the same * every week and expect us to believe it.

This season so far has been a total disaster, and it all comes down to the manager, to prolong this farce is totally insane, never thought in my wildest dreams i'd ever see anything like this, the fact the Board are letting him continue is totally mental.

The interviews just seem to get more bizzare and hysterical, i don't even know how he has the gall to continue with this charade, i'm beginning to wonder about his health tbh.

9. Markybhoy

The club nearly died. Just be grateful you have a team to support ya ungrateful *.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I’m still on the waiting list for my season ticket at Cambuslang.

Marty McFly and Markybhoy like this.
  11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The guys at the cynic finally got back in the presser and hit him with a belter of a question and he squirmed like *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ok, I'll ask...

What did they ask him?

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Losing that amount of goals is not unlucky their cones a point where stats actually don’t lie and it’s when the numbers are higher than 2

14. James Gold Member Gold Member

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    What he ask mate?

Edit.. I see @James post haha

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    When you take what he said in October take into fact he’s still here and it did deteriorate and he’s totally went against what he said he would do if it did deteriorate (hold his hands up and walk ) then take into account the silence at start of his answer just screams that he’s holding out for pay out utter disgrace

The Phoenix likes this.
  17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Cynic quoted him from October where he said if it deteriorates any more that he will need to put his hands up and hold himself accountable ... the cynic then goes onto say well it’s moved on from then and has got worse ... what’s you going to do about it now

thailandceltic likes this.
  18. James Gold Member Gold Member

It is a bit of a loaded question tbf but it's using his own words against him and caught him totally off guard he never really answered it either. Aye 100% waiting for his pay out now

littlekennie likes this.
  19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    So he was asked an actual proper question. Or basically told he's bringing the club backwards. Nice. Bout effin time

20. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

* heartbreaking how this * all turning out even moreso when you consider that the train was coming off the tracks before the end of last year aswell, though change of formation and playing griff alongside edouard and sevcos collapse changed it, i think that possibly could be why the board have been reluctant to sack him and now they've let it go on far too long now and now no * wants the job, so the board are forcing him to stay in place

hey i dont know if this is true but it is plausible, another way of looking at it ;)