1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

NL: The atmosphere is good today. The players are looking forward to the game. We all want success and the team to play the vibrant football we know they can.”

NL: “We want to use the squad tomorrow and freshen things up. Hopefully it’ll be the start of a good week, and a good run. We will endeavour to do everything we can to turn things around.”

NL: “The players are certainly feeling it and disappointed. For anyone to accuse any of our players for not understanding or not caring is way off the mark.”

NL: “We are hoping we go and put in a good performance tomorrow against Lille and then we take it from there. We are looking forward to all the games this month.”

NL: “I’ve got belief in the players. I’ve been back here almost two years and they’ve been fantastic. I have no doubt they’ll put a run together but we have to put those words into action.”

NL on injuries: “Bitton, Elhamed and Ntcham are all major doubts for tomorrow.

NL on #CELLOSC: “We are looking at Klimala, Turnbull, Soro getting game time which they deserve and need with the run of games coming up. It’s ideal to give them an opportunity to play.”

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon would be better contemplating the reason why we're seeing mass protests from the support, rather than focusing on the wording of a specific banner outside the ground.

When all is said & done and he eventually leaves he will have tarnished his reputation.

3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It does need explained to be honest as it's not clear at all.

It's meant to be a nod to an old banner which had rifles on it. Which I still don't get :39:or was that a metaphor too?

It's the weirdest metaphor ever if it was.

4. James Gold Member Gold Member

Ryan Christie must be terrified the amount of times you hear "Shoot Ryan"

Sgt Neppers* and Peej like this.
  5. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Pretty sure you referred to them as ‘lazy’ and ‘lacking hunger’ in recent weeks, you utter buffoon

seanm, Sgt Neppers*, Crilly and 4 others like this.
  6. Mr. Slippyfist

It's fairly obvious (one would hope) that the banner was a facetious one in reference to the one of the 90's.

Thing is, this isn't '94, and it's very outdated.

Silly thing to put up, and gives Mr. Lennon and his pals on the board a platform to deflect.

Another battle they've clearly won...

Graeme1888 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  7. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

His comment that ‘the majority of our fans want success’ is odd, borderline offensive

Get to * Neil

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Always thought when Lenny got the job he'd be a puppet for the Board, for me dangerous is when you allow a clueless and deluded manager to continue in the job, knowing full well that this is damaging to the club.

The Phoenix and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  9. JamesM09

* off Lennon.

The Phoenix and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    the majority of our fans want success’

No Neil ............................the majority of fans want you to * off !

11. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lennon calls for the supporters to get behind the team

We have been behind the team for four * months.. it's only in the last few weeks we have been calling for YOU to step down .. and now the board as they dont see the problems either

So why didn't the team perform from mid July until Dec?

Why have you not got players fit?

"Hoping" for a good result against Lille.. not training , working or insisting on a good result but hoping..

We were actually hoping for an unconvincing win against Ross County in the cup as we cant rely on you to deliver performances.

We also hoped you would use some tactics against St Johnstone and stop playing those who are letting us down regularly.

Lille wont be hoping for a result they will be planning and playing for one.

JamesM09 likes this.
  12. JamesM09

This is why he’s no longer a legend for me and is now just a snakey, using, fraudulent *.

Difference between him and Rodgers is Leicester came in for Rodgers and no * wants him.

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I could be wide of the mark here but I believe the initial sign in 94 was an adaptation of the Apartheid era song in South Africa, 'Shoot the Boer'

They later changed the song to be 'Kiss the Boer' after many took offence to it.

Maybe the boy with the banner should've went with that version

I can't say I wouldn't join in that dance and song at Parkhead. 60,000 doing knee ups and giving Pedro the "Pa-Pa" :34:

Bobo_ likes this.
  14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

15. JamesM09

Never forget how arrogant this * was as he got us papped out of the champions league by an inferior team for the second year running.

Never forget how he played Christie up front again a few days later, because he’s so clever and we’re so stupid.

Now the * is still saying he’s a * genius. Ego maniac needs kicked out this club and never allowed back. He can * off somewhere else but no * else will touch him.

FrankMcCallum and The Phoenix like this.
  16. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Fans have become "entitled".

I and any other fan who wants to be winners has nothing to apologise for or to be called out on.

The standards have slipped and have been allowed to slip big time at the club. And its worthy of criticism and questioning of those involved.

Yet another press conference where Lennon has * up. Should have learned his lesson after Fernecvaros where he chose to hang the blame on the players. Its about time whoever is responsible for PR tells him to step aside from press conferences.

Gets it wrong on the pitch and then opens his mouth and makes it 10 times worse.

DennyCelt likes this.
  17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

It’s been an ideal time for about 2 months ya *.

He’s better just not doing anymore press conferences, let Strachan sit in with his laptop and get Siri to answer all the questions.

Sgt Neppers*, Smithy and Cena like this.
  18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

At least we would get a decent answer from Gav.

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Most certainly they are fine and widely used and on the face of it easier to accept for some.

But then again "get Tae * Lennon" was deemed "disgusting" less than two weeks ago as well, so * knows what some people will actually accept.
    I really don't think it does.

"The board" is not a person, it's not something that is alive at all. Their is no violence being taken or insinuated against something that is literally not a living thing.
    It's a organisation of individuals, the banner most certainly is not targeted at any one of them.
    Had it said any of their names or singled them out, sure it's in very bad taste and needs dealt with.

But it wasn't.

We've all said many times on here that we wish the Hun club would just hurry up and die off already, it's on a par with that

No one was actually meaning we want to see individual rangers players or fans dead.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    seanm likes this.