1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Yes.

I don't think it's speculation at this point to say several key players have downed tools. It's pretty clear from watching the team over the last month or two.

For me, as a Captain of Celtic for 10 years and a man with a long-term professional relationship with the manager, Scott Brown should be stepping in now on behalf of the fans.

Maybe he already has but if he's not went to Lawwell and Desmond at this point then he is simply not a leader.

I'll reserve judgement because there's no way to know what he has or hasn't done.

freitassen and seanm like this.
  2. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Sadly we never got to find out. Maybe I should look at it as we avoided another Barnes/Dalgliesh type episode..
    shudders.
    Anyway back to Lenny and the positives .. hmm.. I'll get back to you on that.

seanm and JamesM09 like this.
  3. JamesM09

Not only that, success last season gave Lennon all the ego he needed to do things his way.

My impression is when he first came in he was humbled by his time in the wilderness and awed by Rodgers success. He alluded to that on many of his early interviews. If I recall, the only major comments he has were he didn't want the team passing it around the back too much, implying that everything else would stay the same.

Once he got his title last season and beat Lazio, I can imagine he became a lot more full of himself and pushed to do more things his way, destroying the last of what Rodgers had implemented. I think from his current set of interviews alone it's fair to say Lennon is prone to develop quite the ego. Compare his language from early in his second spell to this season and it's quite radically different.

4. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The board have let us down in the past, but they've kept their biggest f*ck up for one of the most important seasons in our history.

Give Lennon the game at Ibrox to turn it round? That amounts to nearly 3 months since they pumped us at CP. The football and results from then have been enough to see any manager sacked.

So it will be interesting to see what happens between now and then. Will we drop more points? Will we lose at Ibrox? Will we win from now til then then beat them?

Either way, the board have shown total negligence, disrespect to the fans, and gambled the history of the club.

The sooner they all go the better.

5. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I feel more pessimistic than optimistic :54:

seanm and Paul67 like this.
  6. seanm

precisely.HH

7. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    It was £10m in fact, but we had to give them £1m to take Toure as part of the deal. Still good business mind.

8. seanm

great post .HH

JamesM09 likes this.
  9. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I make a conscious effort to avoid them and have done for weeks now.

We could all tell you exactly what he’s going to say, and how inaccurate it really is, so best avoided.

10. wulliebad

I don't think the board are backing lenny,i think they are leaving him in the job just now because they have no one to replace him with. These so called signings in Jan will be interesting.They will tell us the story.

11. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

You've just rhymed off a list of excuses for him. We're going through the same issues as every other team yet we're the only one's struggling so badly. Why is that ? Why is a squad that have just won 3, maybe 4, trebles in a row suddenly struggling ? He has been backed so that excuse can't be used.

12. celtic warrior

Couldn't give a * who we sign in Jan, if Lennon and the current staff are still here "training" them it will mean * all.

In hindsight Lennon had success due to having guys like Mjallby, Thompson and Parker helping out, even looking back at it, during its peak it still wasn't that consistent and progressively got worse as each person left.

Don't have any faith in him as a coach anymore to get response/best out of a player.

13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Lennon is an absolute fraud.. the more ya think about it its clear he has been surrounded by people that knew what they were doing.. Doesn't help he is now surrounded by lap top boy and mopey faced Kennedy but its clear the help Lennon got in the past was significant. Ya got to wonder how much Duffer was actually helping him..

14. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Is the man who should never have been given the job in the first place still there??
    Silly me,of course he is still there!!!:31:

Gully Sands and Jeannie960 like this.
  15. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    It seems like they are desperate to let him have a go at the Scottish Cup Final for some reason, it's like they feel like they owe him this regardless of how dismal the results and performances have been this season.....

The board are full steam ahead with the blinkers on regardless, no matter how damaging it will be to this season.

Sgt Neppers*, TheWolf and Jeannie960 like this.
  16. Bonobhoy

Yeah it will be interesting as we will be out of the cup,and league before anything is done.

The full team needs a makeover,i never want to see any of those players to pull the hoops over their head again (laxalt excepetion)...if they aint playing for the manager,they aint playing for us.....* them...throwing away 10 to proove a point aint gonna float with me

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Starting to see a few people saying Lennon hasn’t been backed by the board. Laughable.

The club have spent over £30m on players in the last three windows. When was the last time we spent that much money in such a short time?

18. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Took them a while to wheel that old chestnut out!!
    Probably because they know as much as the rest of us do that it's complete horsehite!! Is that really the best they can come up with??

He's been very well backed comparatively in the current climate. To think we've clearly and alarmingly rapidly regressed so much is actually beyond belief if you sit down and think about it.

19. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    He's probably been the best backed Celtic manager ever.

A depressing thought.

Gully Sands and Moore like this.
  20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There are people on all sides virtue signalling. There always are. I do it myself sometimes too. I try not to, but I do. In the current culture, it takes remarkable self-assurance not do that, because we've even made everything into a ruthless competition, even morality.

TheWolf and The Dude like this.