1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. joemc

Show me were ive made up stuff , its all fact , not made pish about how he has no tactics ,doesn't talk to players and is drunk most days .

2. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    in fairness how on earth can you verify that?

3. JamesM09

In my opinion, Rodgers either didn't care or he thought the support loved him so much that they would put 100% of the blame on Lawwell.

We don't need to know the 'true story' for this one Jeannie. Let's be generous and assume Lawwell was the worst of the worst to work with (I actually do think that). That doesn't make Rodgers any less of a rat for not staying for another few months. He wanted to get to Leicester early and that's it.

He's also a known *, by the way. Folk that met him when he took his mask off know it. I'm sure Danny McGrain is the one that said the story was a lot of * too.

seanm and Jeannie960 like this.
  4. joemc

I'm also not for or against Lennon, he got the job done many times before for us , this time there is so much more at play with regards to how its all gone south , its not just the manager or players not playing , its pressure and not dealing with it , no fans ,missing players and changes all forced on us along with fans missing , but its up to management to fix and they are struggling to do this .

5. joemc

People believe it cauz its been said on here before, doesn't make it true .

6. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Sorry mate I completely misread the initial message. I thought you were accusing him. Yes I agree though, rumours like that should be taken with a significant pinch of salt.

7. JamesM09

Mate this is the post I've been trying to write. Thank * someone else thinks like this.

Imagine you're thriving under Rodgers and his expert coaching team one minute, then the next minute the Hibs manager, who was sacked by the players, is your boss.

He's old school, doesn't do coaching and drops the standards dramatically on tactics.

You carry him through because you still have what the previous coach gave you, then you get Gavin Strachan brought in as your reward.

It's unreasonable to expect players to keep giving their all when you're giving the raw * in return.

8. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Yep I agree Lawell may have been the problem. Having been found to be a duplicitous character it's easy to believe everything about BR too. Although I don't know much about BR beyond Celtic. Tbh I didn't even know who he was :56:What a brass neck to make up a story like that while sitting next to him. He must have felt invincible :56:Incidentally I think that Lennon could never have predicted that the support would turn on him. These guys live in their own heads.

JamesM09 and seanm like this.
  9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    All this dosen't reflect well on Lenny as a person, the fact that he and the Board know this is harming the club, but they are puting their own interests first, it's disgusting.

10. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

The board at the time done everything they possibly could to keep him, he even got a pay rise, we bought whatever * he wanted to sign and he still * us/the board over, so what more we could have done to keep him ,I have no idea. But if anyone can tell me I'd be all ears.
    You say we will never know the whole truth, that's true, then again we don't know the whole truth about now, but that hasn't stopped folk hurling about all kinds of */assumptions though.
    Aye Danny was asked about it but felt he couldn't say anything at the time.

https://celtsarehere.com/how-brendan-rodgers-embarrassed-a-celtic-legend-the-truth/

JamesM09 and Jeannie960 like this.
  11. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Do people think Broony, as captain, should have a more prominent roll re what's happening?. He's obviously still liked by NL (as he plays him non stop no matter what his form is like) and is well respected by all the other players so why hasn't he not stepped up to help to try and sort whatever the * is wrong?.

12. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Can’t believe we got £9m compensation for Rodgers and went and got a guy sacked by hibs to replace him.

The Phoenix and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  13. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Guess we need to start blocking the team bus seems to have got Vieria sacked

14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Thats the Fergus effect - You will be hard pushed to find folk who will admit to booing him now but I was in the ground that day and I was in a small minority who didn't abuse/boo him.

Bolded part you may not like this BUT... I usually don't do regrets/hindsight, as thats the preserve of the hindsight experts, but I still to this day wish Lenny hadn't walked out and worked, as he had previously agreed to do, with Ronny as his assistant. I think the 2 of them working together could well have benefitted both and would have benefited Ronny in terms of being able to cope with the pressure of being the manager better. I know this was off topic but desperate to read/say something different tbh :giggle1:

King of Kings and JamesM09 like this.
  15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I suppose it's easier to believe what's said about the board because experience reminds us of times when they've let us down. I think BR had a huge ego. I think Lenny has or had a huge ego. These people never admit fault. I think BR was too big of a personality for PL to have to deal with. You can't manipulate or think for someone like that. It may be an assumption but I think that's what PL has been doing to Lennon. Lenny is desperate to keep the job so how much crap is he prepared to put up with.

16. JamesM09

I know we're off topic, but for the record I like Ronny as a person and wish it had worked out. I think what you've suggested there sounds very reasonable.

telle and Tim-Time 1888 like this.
  17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yep.

The long break put everything back to zero.

It took away all the good work Rodgers done with the players and undone all the * ups the Huns made under McCoist, Caixinha, Murty, Warburton and made us both start from the beginning.

We’re now seeing how utterly incompetent Lennon is when he has to stand on his own two feet.

18. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Anyone else terrified to hear his pish media conference tomorrow

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  19. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

The problem with a board, any board of a PLC, is that much of what they discuss/decide remains in the boardroom, as its confidential. So this clamour to have fan reps on/in the boardroom will do very little to improve that, other than see whoever, if it ever happens, fall under pressure from supporters to tell all which simply can't wont happen.
    Personalities always have an impact, this is just a fact of life. Although it also depends on the views of those on the outside looking in, as they will go with what is convenient/they already believe to be so.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You actually listen to them?