1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

We have become Sevco..... * heartbreaking.

2. Sgt Neppers*

Lennon will be despised by the hoops fans, whilst lauded upon by the huns. Jesus *.

Look at the Celtic twitter feed under that statement. All huns * themselves. That should be enough for the board.

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

Please sack Lennon
    Neil Francis Lennon
    I just don't think you understand
    If you keep Lennon
    Neil Francis Lennon
    Yer gonna have a riot on yer hands

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Any sympathy i had for Lenny has gone now.

5. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

The "Board" as they like to refer to themselves as, not as a group of mega rich individual's who know how to make money and a lot if it including payments to themselves, millions from OUR club for doing what exactly ? What qualifications or experience in football management do any of them have to decide that a manager is still competent to do his job ? NONE. If you look at them all. they're all bankers, business men, politicians ffs. The fans, who were here and will still be here when they're gone and everyone connected with football know that Lennon has been a dead man walking for months now and yet they continue with this charade. This group of individuals, will never get it, they are completely deluded and "entitled" themselves, they need to sell-up now and go themselves.

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I find it very strange that earlier this season DD had a go at the team for a single perfomance yet he is willing to tolerate this ?

7. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    :56:
    Yes, there's no need for personal abuse. But that and the comments about the board is the only thing I agree with you. He saved us when Rodgers left ? He can be happy he was out of a job and even got the possibility to manage a club of our size. Nothing since he left suggested he was good enough for us anymore. Letting players eat chips and drink coke. Unbelievable unprofessional. Kennedy could have done the exact same. We played * and just got the results needed. He did nothing special. Then, concerning his management abilities. Not a single player improved since he came back. We were kicked out of the CL twice against vastly inferior teams, got ridiculed by the huns three times, the first time we were just lucky to have Forster, and then Lennon tried to be smart and we lost pathetically against an inferior Copenhagen team. Lennon can go straight to Division 1 which is about his level.

8. Keano88

It’s genuinely unbelievable at this point.

Lennon has shown nothing since Ferencvaros that would suggest he has a clue how to fix it.

We’ve changed nothing regarding how we play and the same players play week in week out when players who are chomping at the bit for game time get 5 mins here and there and he wonders why they’re struggling for fitness.

Nothing will change whilst he is here anyone with a brain can see that.

The protests will continue until this is sorted, no board statement backing the manager will stop that from happening.

Lost all respect for Lennon at this point.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Honestly makes you wonder what the * is going on behind the scenes.

If they are doing this simply to not be seen to be pandering to the mob the other week its embarrassing.

10. ddub11

I can see where your coming from but i just think they wont give a toss as long as fans are spending cash on match day,even if there was a mass walkout at half time it might send some kind of massage.

Crazy we are even discussing such things but im completely * off with the way the fans are being treated at the moment and id love the fans to send a message to the board somehow.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  11. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    They may be backing Lennon as they see whatever that is happening as outwith his control. I don't think we'll ever know the truth unless someone from the dressing room or management team speak out and I think that's unlikely.

Sydneysider likes this.
  12. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

* *. Speechless

Random Review likes this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I won't be spending another penny on the Club.

Had ordered the black 3rd top for a pal for Christmas and I'm now returning it for a refund.

The only way to get rid of them now is to starve them out. Profitability and Share Price are the only things that will make them stand up and take notice. It's full out civil war now.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You can tell a lot about folk from how they put things.

There are 7 paragraphs in that statement, 4 of them begin with the words "the board". Of the remaining 3, 2 begin with adverbial clauses and "the board" is the subject of the main clause in the first sentence. The remaining paragraph is about Neil Lennon.

In other words, 6 of the 7 paragraphs are about "the board" rather than Celtic. I also find it utterly obnoxious that they refer to themselves in the 3rd person no fewer than 10 times. It's like a monotonous drumbeat. When it suits them, they give it all that "everyone at Celtic..." to start followed by "we" thereafter. This, on the other hand, reads like a letter drafted by lawyers and it tells us loud and clear that they are treating the fans as an adversary right now.

TheWolf likes this.
  15. Mr. Slippyfist

You know something, leading on from a thread discussion with yer man @Albian Ajeti there...

If a woman wants to change to a man, and is legally protected to and should be respected,

Then who are we to deny Lennon thinking he's doing a good job as manager of celtic.

#NLM (neil lennon matters) :lenny2:

KRS-1888 and Slaw like this.
  16. TransferBhoy

Look forward to seeing you all Sunday to protest.

No excuses. Protests allowed tier 3

17. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    They gonna release a statement after every game....worse than Huns.

18. Jeffrey

My season ticket is cancelled. I will not be giving the club any more money. My support of THIS REGIME is over.

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I've spent the summer and autumn watching Keir Starmer behave in this exact way within the Labour party. This is what happens when maintaining your control of the organisation is a higher priority than defeating the opposition for the people that run the organisation. That statement makes quite clear that we're the enemy for them now.

I'm no fan of Desmond, but I can only hope he was not involved in that statement.

rickyroma25, TheWolf and The Dude like this.
  20. Slaw

Did you not say he was getting sacked ?