1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. oh bhoy

Why are they taking the fences down,is he ready for the boot

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

No planning permission for them.

3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Lennon is manager, in my opinion he's 100% to blame.. he picks the team he issues the tactics.. John Kennedy or Peter Lawwell don't play Broony 3 times a week.. book stops with the manager

The Phoenix likes this.
  4. oh bhoy

Ffs ,wishful thinking on my part

5. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    With the calibre of teams he's been at he's been a failure most of his career. Hated watching Liverpool when he managed them. Boring defensive predictable uninspiring football. He couldn't fail to have some success at the teams he was at and the players he had but hasn't had near enough.

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

:56: nah I'm taking the * I dont actually know

oh bhoy likes this.
  7. Keano88

No Peter. Get him out.

The Phoenix likes this.
  8. Markybhoy

I said after yesterday's game that if he wasn't sacked after the match or today then that was me done for the season. It appears he is going nowhere. So that's it, I am out. I've gone beyond anger at this point and just feel numb to it all. If the board and Neil Lennon don't care about making history and winning 10 in a row then I'm not going to waste my energy getting angry and upset about it anymore. It's too exhausting.

There have been various times over the years where I have thought the Celtic board were negligent and put profit before what was best for the team. But even in those low times, I never believed they could be capable of this level of negligence and incompetence. With the exception of 1967 and the season where Fergus saved the club, this is probably the biggest season in Celtic's history. History was there to be made. It's taken us nine years to reach the point where we could make that history. The board and Neil Lennon are just * all that away through a combination of stubbornness and arrogance. It is actually unbelievable what they are doing and they will never be forgiven by me for what they are doing. I won't be watching another match or spending another penny on anything to do with Celtic until both Peter Lawwell and Neil Lennon are out of Parkhead. They are not worthy of the Celtic support.

9. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Probably because folk started putting signs and flags with "board out" "lennon out" etc. on them.

oh bhoy and DonnyCelt like this.
  10. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Oh I agree with what you're saying but honestly do you really see Kennedy as manager? He's like the quiet man and to be honest he doesn't have enough experience. I would welcome others opinions on that one. Incidentally I don't think Lenny really qualified for it either. He seemed to fall into the job twice. We need a strong figure who can stamp his authority, give and receive respect.

We will never know if Lenny's progress was hamstrung by board interference with PL making the decisions on who comes and goes. We will never know if there was method in PL madness in not allowing Lenny to have his own backroom staff. We will never know if the rumours are true that Kennedy was going behind his back. The whole thing stinks but ultimately you're right Lenny picked the team. The new guys may or may not have been his signings but they've been found wanting. He stayed too loyal to players like Brown. His line ups and tactics were undoubtedly baffling at times. How much of that was affected by not choosing the signings I don't know.

packybhoy likes this.
  11. DonnyCelt

Any further protests planned for this weekend? Think I'm gonna drive up to Glasgow and join in.

12. SteveyNico67

It’s 18:08 here in London,

Story is breaking nowhere that Lennon has been axed.

I confidently predict he’ll be sticking around like a bad smell, further destroying any chance of still being in the hunt for 10 post Christmas, till the Deadco game in January.

If it wasn’t for my extra week of holiday I’d throw myself in the nearest river

Shower of *

The Phoenix and King of Kings like this.
  13. FrankMcCallum

Every day he stays my hatred for him grows. He’ll never be forgiven for the arrogance he’s shown and his egotistical tendencies.

SteveyNico67 and The Phoenix like this.
  14. shaw1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone / Let the people sing
    :56::56:

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Dont get me wrong Id like to see the entire lot from Peter Lawwell to Lennon to Kennedy to Strachan punted so far from Celtic Park.

I'm just thinking short term. Honestly we can forget about the league. I know some are clinging to the fact the huns will bottle it again, not gonna happen, leagues far too weak IMO.. And Lawwell and Co are not gonna go anytime before the seasons over..

I'm pretty much writing this season off now.

16. 76mark

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    HH
    A wee tad out the box thinking.... Sol Campbell??? Or even Ali Campbell of UB40 fame‍♂️ Seriously I would like Sol in as I think he could command the egos in the dressing room and he is hungry for a biggy!

17. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Yes I think that most of us have :54: All the men that guided Celtic to the 2nd 9 IAR have failed us and destroyed their own legacy. They will never be forgiven to a man. The problem is I don't think that they really get that. Probably read it as over emotionalism and brush it aside. But they truly will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. History will not be kind to them.

TheWolf likes this.
  18. shaw1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone / Let the people sing
    Taking the fences down to make way for lennons massive ego getting through the doors for Thursday's hammering.

19. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    If a change was made the season could be salvaged imo.

The Klan will have a lot of fixtures next half of the season.

There's no break this year so fatigue and burnout is a real potential issue. That's not me predicting an outright collapse like last season but it is a factor that could lead to dropped points.

If we had a competent management and coaching staff we'd be in with an outside chance. But with every day that Lennon stays that chance gets narrower to the point where we're so far behind that a change would be too little too late.

Mickmac, TheWolf and eire4 like this.
  20. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    :56::56::56:genius. almost cheered me up :50: