1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Board know people will flood back to watch football again they will wait this out

Los Palmas 7 likes this.
  2. James Gold Member Gold Member

What the * does he actually need to do to be sacked ?

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

* constantly scunbetted the noo, tbh.

James likes this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Lenny's history with us is irrelative to this current situation, we cannot say that because of everything that has happened in the past that somehow this excuses him or should allow him to continue to drag the club down and make us the laughing stock.

We can talk about respect, but i'm sure Lenny would be shown more respect if he did the right thing, he knows this is hurting the club and supporters but continues nonetheless, even he himself must know it's over.

If he was any kind of a man with Celtic's best interests at heart then he would step down immediately, instead all we get is total delusion and arrogance, a desperate man clinging on to a job he isn't fit to do, it really is sad to watch.

5. RiquelmeCSC

See if I see one more person saying Lennon “rescued us” after the rat left. You are making it seem like he came in and worked for free! He was offered a handsome package one would imagine when he had * else going on. We gave him a chance when no one else was looking at him.
    What a trooper!

6. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

At this stage, it's much more likely that they've asked him to stay in the position while they're trying to sort a replacement. And they're really struggling to do so.

He's completely * defeated and doesn't want to be there. IMO

7. Keano88

I thought we’d hit rock bottom but clearly not...

How much more of this are we going to have to endure before we actually see a change ffs.

If the board had just sacked Lennon when every man and their dog knew his time was up (after Sparta B team battered us) then they’d be under a lot less scrutiny than they are now. But instead they’ve made their own positions untenable as well.

They’ve been shown to be asleep at the wheel and cannot be forgiven for overseeing this shambles.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I think right now we would actually be better off managerless until someone can come in, i would even have Broony as temp manager.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This is it for me.

Board are clueless, negligent and impotent. Blissfully ignoring what is staring them in the face. It's a situation that could have been well planned for when Rodgers was still here, in fact, any Risk Assessment as a season unfolds should have some sort of contingency for * hitting the fan like this.

Board are *.

10. Bonobhoy

The problem this time around is that they have * over all of the support and lost the 10 in a row. A huge amount of fans will not forgive that,and going back to 1 title would * people off. If they really think Paradise will be packed to the rafters after this they are in for a massive shock

DEADEYECFC likes this.
  11. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Same mate, same

12. TheHappyLoss

Suppose one good thing is any new manager won’t have much to live up to.

13. davidhannah

Lennon came in and raised the standards in Europe last season on the previous campaigns. In terms of statistics such as goals scored in the league, it was a really enjoyable season. We were on track to some of our best records. That's what I mean by him rescuing us Lennon was the architect of that. We ground out results big wins away to Easter Road in the cup and in the final came from behind to beat Hearts. He delivered the treble treble. The team wasn't playing their best football towards the end of Rodgers season but he got it over the line. It has nothing to do with playing for free. I couldn't name a single football manager that has walked out of his club and abandoned his team to sit on the side lines. Never mind giving up his well earned money! Lennon did well last season. Just like he did in his first term as manager. Just as he did well as captain of Celtic and of course as a player. The guy is made of steel on and off the park. He's lived a brilliant life.

The results are really poor this season. He knows he should be sacked. He's fighting to keep his livelyhood, you can't expect Lenny to go down without a fight. It's shocking that the board are not listening to the fans and are dithering over making a change 2 wins in 12 is disgrace the entire support is now united on a new manager, background team. Its an SOS save our season moment the board aren't listening.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    stubhoy07 and Random Review like this.
  14. The Dude

Win games?

James likes this.
  15. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Complete slap in the face to every single one of us supporters. Quite clear they don't give a * about us.

16. JamesM09

I tried to suggest a couple of weeks ago that the board should always have a contingency plan in place in case this situation comes up. A rolling list of candidates they would approach in case the manager becomes a dud. I had someone arguing with me basically that that was an unreasonable thing to expect of the board. :56:

Anyway - I don't think there would be any shortage of candidates that would be willing to come here and improve us immediately. The problem is very few will meet Lawwell's requirement of 'Knowing the City' - which is a code word he uses to mean, 'Knows I'm the boss and doesn't overstep their mark'. No decent manager would work with Lawwell. He'll only hire in a Jack Ross or an Alan Stubbs, someone who is just happy to quadruple their salary and will keep their mouth shut.

The only time we've reached our potential and had sustained success is when Desmond went over Lawwell's head and got in Rodgers, and Lawwell * hated it. From Mowbray to now, Lawwell has stagnated this club when we should've went into the stratosphere.

If we can take control of the club we can ensure we always hire the best manager for Celtic, not the best manager for the CEO.

davidhannah and Twisty like this.
  17. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Got a text from a hun ex workmate today .. " 55 DONE " forgot that was their holy grail !
    Yes , thats me rock bottom now .
    ps , no heard from the ersehole in years .

Keano88 likes this.
  18. limezer

I think we would all have more respect for him, if he just held his hands up and said it’s just not working. Someone new has to come in with fresh ideas.

19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I've lost all respect I had for him.

20. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Fences look to be coming down anyway

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2020
    thailandceltic likes this.