1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    "Welcome to Celtic Gordon Strachan"

SteveyNico67, Breathnach67 and James like this.
  2. James Gold Member Gold Member

What game was that ?

3. CountyDownFaithful

Neil Lennon only cares about Neil Lennon.

The last few weeks have shown that.

freitassen, The Phoenix and JamesM09 like this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Huns and Milan..

5. James Gold Member Gold Member

Sorry I've read that wrong. I read it as 'He has'

was racking my brain thinking about it

JamesM09 and McChiellini.. like this.
  6. jambo_cfc

i have said also he will get the cup final to try bow out on a high

The Dude likes this.
  7. davidhannah

I don't blame Neil Lennon for not resigning. He can walk out of Parkhead with his head held high and he'll always be welcomed back
    There's no way I would ever expect anyone to give up hundreds of thousands a year to sign on the doll!

It's clear that the league is now gone. Time to seize control of our club once again. Celts for change. There should be a protest every day. The board will not surrender control of their cash cow. Lawell deserves the sack now. He's well and truely turned everyone against him. Well must unite to free our club from Tory scum. Change is inevitable now. Rangers are about to dominate a Scottish football once again and it's all of this boards own making. We could have pushed Celtic onto a regular standard similar to the strength of FC Porto in Europe, but they have blown it!

Lennon remaining in the job is a desperate act of them trying to cling onto control. The board are totally inept. They'll all be arrogant as * thinking that they have delivered unparamounted success. Yes we have won trophies galore but the money they have thrown away. And now the ten in a row is humiliating. They are barricading themselves in! The game is up for them all is the fans against the board now!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    KingArtur'1 likes this.
  8. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Joseph tweeted there's no planned meeting between Lennon and the board this week.

Actually not sure if that's a positive sign or not.

10. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

The saddest part of it all is how he can't see the damage his ego and personal needs is doing to the club.

Broke my heart when he was appointed on cup final day, he was never the right man to take us forward, but the only logical explanation for him staying in the job now must be a financial one.....for that reason, history and my own personal opinion of the man is tainted to the point of a very strong dislike for him.

I've done a 360 recently from finding the personal attacks on him a bit tedious to completely understanding why some fans are doing so.....his legacy is well and truly down the *.

King of Kings likes this.
  11. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Honestly cant believe he hasnt walked. Forever be the man who * 10 in a row for me.

12. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Now that's 'breathtaking ' for all the wrong reasons

13. JamesM09

I was just being generous about his overall career, not defending him and certainly not this season.

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The ‘Tory scum’ line gets a bit old, for me at least. I say that as someone who has never voted Tory in their life I should add.

Lennon is very, very much to blame for this debacle, in addition to Lawwell and the board for not recognising that change was needed long ago. It feels far too easy to me to just absolve Lennon of blame and push it all on the board.

There does need to be change from board level down, but I simply can’t not apportion a fair share of the blame on Lennon here.

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeah, I think that doesn't seem totally crazy in moments like this TBF.

King of Kings likes this.
  16. murphy88

* defefending, slow pedestrian build up and a complete lack of ideas in the final third is down to the manager, and Lennon knows this. He is hanging around for the cash, that's the only explanation now. His interviews are a complete embarrassment and he is treating the fans like idiots. Today again talking about the chances we created in the second half. What chances? We were utter dross in the second half and created nothing. It's nothing short of a disgrace the fact he is still clinging on in the job, and a lot of respect that fans had for him is now gone, and it's no wonder. He will be forever remembered as the man who * 10 in a row as things stand.

17. jj81

Its baffling, every week now for a while when the team is revealed most of us are scratching our heads , so how come he can't see it but thousands can ? That added to the tactics and mental substitutions, its like we are being trolled.

What a *

18. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    I take it you only want to get beat 2-0 then since if it’s more we will have the record of the club who conceded the most goals ever in a group! Aye very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. JamesM09

Don’t worry mate, you can atone by wishing for a hammering this Thursday!

20. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Thanks for the vote of confidence... I think :giggle1: but there are a couple of problems with this -
    1 - We already have a highly qualified accountant doing the job who is 100% a Celtic fan/supporter as well.
    2 - I aint taking a pay cut for anyone :86:
    3 - And finally, and this is what virtually every single person is missing (although I've seen @wulliebad saying it) when the same old tired lines of "Pete's a *, the board are tory wanks, let's, wrestle back control of the Club" (yawn) blah blah bullshit. It's DD who sets out the ground rules and the CEO follows them, so little to nothing changes if Pete is binned just, which isn't required imho.
    4 - Oh and I aint a * accountant either as I have a personality :56:

(I think something may well happen tomorrow though, which isn't exactly earth shattering news admittedly).