1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Keano88, Jul 3, 2019.

Discuss Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think Amiens were interested anyway, the Warnock thing tells me he was being offered to clubs anyway.

2. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I said it before somewhere, it's double standards from gov't. Scottish chief medical officer breaks rules - no action taken against her employers (scottish gov't). Dominc Cummings breaks rules - no action taken against his employers (uk gov't). Boli is a fud - hammer Celtic...yeah great job, they * loved this opportunity to distract from the exam fiasco a few days ago...absolute * gold dust for them.

Gabriel, Sydneysider and honda like this.
  3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

That's exactly what it is, complete deflection of the utter pish job that theyve done with exams.

4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    There’s no doubt that this provided a nice distraction to the exam scandal.

You can’t compare Bolingoli * up to the Scottish/UK government * up though. Punishment to government is quite literally punishment to the masses, whereas Celtic as a public company, with any punishment being limited to shareholders in a financial perspective and supporters in a sporting perspective.

I don’t agree with changing the rules to retrospectively punish any club, but a company being punished for the actions of their employees isn’t unusual. Even in pure footballing terms, you see fined for the behaviour of fans, or players quite frequently.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  5. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    it's easy to compare.. I understand they are completely different animals but in other cases they have always made it a case of individual responsibility... they weren't GPS tagging their medical officer to see where she went, so I don't understand what they expect us to do apart from telling players the rules they had to follow?

If they had come ou and said Celtic * up because they didn't do *insert measure here* then that's fair enough, but the club are being punished when I don't think there is any other measure within reason they could have taken. How can we stop players travellign, how can Aberdeen stop players going to a pub...

Not having a go at your reply btw, just frustrated as * over this and think it's been handled as badly as possible from the get go.

6. stew37

Aye, that's why it's important that when people sign for the club they're understanding of the required standard. With that in mind, this clown should be out the door pronto.

7. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Companies having responsibility for their staff though. Governments obviously do as well, but any punishment is typically dished out in the form of lost voter confidence. A punishment aimed at Celtic would be pretty easy to administer. What exactly would a punishment aimed at government look like?

Celtic did everything they could, and it is up to people to take individual responsibility. The reality is though, companies often suffer the consequences of the actions of their employees. Even in football we’ve seen clubs fined when players pick up too many cards in a game.

I’m not saying it should happen that way, there’s no real precedence in this situation, but a club getting fined for the actions of its players isn’t new.

8. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ye mibbes picked me up wrong, to clarify I'm not pushing for employers (be it companies,clubs or organisations) to be punished. I think it should be individual punishment and sanctions. I want parity of the rules..it's like going out speeding and getting three points on your license and then a week later new law comes in that says anyone speeding last week or in the future gets thier car crushed. Really unfair to be coming up with a sanction/penatly after the fact.

9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    From yesterday

JOINT RESPONSE GROUP UPDATE 13/08/20
    THE JOINT RESPONSE GROUP TODAY OUTLINES A WIDE RANGE OF MEASURES AGREED WITH THE SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT TO REINFORCE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL’S COMMITMENT TO PUBLIC HEALTH AND ADHERENCE TO PROTOCOLS.

These measures have been approved by the JRG and follow extensive discussions with Scottish Government Ministers and health advisers.

They are as follows:

ENFORCEMENT - The JRG has worked to ensure that existing rules will be strengthened to include the provision of sanctions for players who do not adhere to COVID-specific football protocols or government public health guidelines. This will encompass recent breaches and further details will be provided tomorrow.

This means just the players being punished.

10. Bonobhoy

Massive fine incoming then,since Aberdeen players just got whacked.

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Fines and alot of games ban.

12. Jeremie Frimpong

It's no wonder that abnegation of personal responsibility is a hallmark of our society, when collective punishment is normal.

Bolingoli acted unethically; no one else. He should face punishment, not the Club.

13. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

14. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No tweet loading for me, what was it?

15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Big Raman from stv talking about a punishment for Aberdeen and Us.

16. celtic warrior

Sfa taking the * now.

Why should celtic be investigated? Are we boli's guardian, he * off to Spain independently and without celtic knowing.

What are a football club expected to do? Microchip their players like dogs and take them out for walks so we can monitor their every move?

* off

17. celtic20

A fine then? Surely not worse

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

My mate said that.

Said his van was chipped at work so why can they not chip the players.

Bit different ya * moron.

celtic warrior likes this.
  19. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Every Celtic player, no matter their status, should be treated the same. Bolingoli was a c*nt for what he did, but needs to be punished the same way someone like Mcgregor or Brown etc would be.

bagforlife and StPauli1916 like this.
  20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Don’t worry Celtic lawyers will have a field day with the *

seanm and celtic20 like this.