1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Confess your unpopular Celtic-related opinions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The IRA, Jun 26, 2018.

Discuss Confess your unpopular Celtic-related opinions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I don’t like Shaun Maloney, never have.

It verges on a completely irrational dislike actually.

johnboy19 and Gabriel like this.
  2. JimMc

Yes used in Ireland by a small ignorant minority, a term thought up and encouraged by the BNP and hybrids in little Britain who detested seeing any expression of pride in the Irish, unless it was under the british umbrella!

Notice how these same ignorant oafs who deride the Irish identity claims of people in America or Britain or anywhere else, people who typically actually do have direct recent or living memory Irish family immigrant connections, but will accept without question the british identity claims of people born in Ireland who often have no proof what so ever that any of their ancestors came from Britain. Just accepted as fact but myths from hundreds of years ago.

Consider that the Crown Anglican church which was imposed upon Ireland for centuries,
    was taking native infants in the thousands usually from those they had made the poorest and the orphans of those they had murdered when trying to resist their laws (The Anglican church kept records of some of the numbers, tens of thousands the names of the children were purposely Anglicized and changed) during the 18th Century especially, and making supposed 'good English protestants' out of them, Barnardos were doing similar until recently farming supposed unwanted kids off to Canada typically, even in the late 20thC only to supposed good protestant homes, but reality was many were worked like slaves and often abused.

The Catholic church has been rightly exposed for the abuses, but these other lot were just as bad if not worse.
    The hypocrisy stinks to *, like when the Germans by their direct actions murdered people in camps, they were killers no question, but when the British by their direct actions murdered thousands in Boer war camps, it was a error in rations /logistics and nothing bad was intended in the mass murder of innocents.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Have been told he's a bit of a sleaze bag..

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Nah mate Jock doesn't go with plastic :50:

5. celtic20

The stick Boyata gets from our support is way over the top and he's a much better defender than Simunovic. And no, I'm not Boyata.

6. BhoysInGreen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura. Current: Van Dijk/Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry, Willie Maley
    I love the term "Plastic Paddy" and how ignorant those are that use it. I fit the bill of a "Plastic Paddy" - born/raised in the US, Irish-born parents.

It seems the term is used by people who grudge others celebrating their Irish heritage. It's funny to me, because in my experience, the vast majority (or at least a sizable percentage) of people walking around the US with Irish last names know next to nothing about Ireland or Irish culture, and couldn't care less.

I suspect if the people who throw the term around realized this, they might actually have a bit of respect for those to whom being Irish means something, rather than look down their nose at them.

Saw the term being discussed above, couldn't help weighing in.

Anyway, my unpopular Celtic-related opinion is I've never been much of a fan of Scott Brown.

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

People are like that with Forrest, including ma old man.. does it noise me up tho..

Liam Scales likes this.
  8. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Spill the beans...

For what it's worth I thought he was a great player hampered by injury but there has always been something about his demeanour I haven't liked either and I don't even know what it is.

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Done the bunk to Villa on a pre-contract after years of Celtic sticking by him through his knee injuries. Never forgiven him for that.

trackebhoy likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Used to be a creep, in and around my cousin's workplace..

I rated him. Quality wee player..

11. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Dont like shaun or aiden either. Just because they werent that good really.

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aiden was a superb player for us. Carried the team at times under Strachan and was dropped like a hat if he so much as misplaced a pass. He also signed a long-term deal and ensured Celtic got big money for him when he left...unlike Shaun.

13. Velvet Bollok

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fair points :50:.
    Aiden left for Russia for around 9.5 million which was a massive record transfer for us. Around that time (and i only speak for myself) i was wanting a kind of transistion to a team that where less focussed on possesion and had a more dynamic approach as Brendan would say but thats just my opinion.
    McGeady did alot for us, he had an accurate cross and some good technique and Strachan is also one of our best achievers as a manager but im glad we have a more free philosophy since then.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  14. ladbroke8

I love the wee man

15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It’s coz he’s a teuchter innit?

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah, I think that's where Aiden comes in for some unfair criticism, Strachan's philosophy was to be rigid and not lose and Aiden was burdened with being one of the only creative players in the team. He'd be a lot more effective in Rodgers system with a bit more licence to roam.

His final product sometimes left a little to be desired at times but he gave everything for the club and made us good money when he left. His interview with Si Ferry told you from his perspective on the strained relationship between him and Strachan, he stuck it out to play for his boyhood club when more would've walked out for more money and less hassle.

Velvet Bollok likes this.
  17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Naw it’s coz he’s Malaysian.

#Brexit

18. Aidan O’Shea

Well said.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think it stems from the free kick in Seville but I didn’t think I was that petty :fear:

johnboy19, Xatraps and Marty McFly like this.
  20. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Will literally never forgive him for that. Wouldn’t hesitate to mention it if I ever met him too.

Disgrace.

johnboy19 likes this.