1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia] The Simpsons Mafia - DAY FIVE: TOWN WIN (Mafia 25)

Discussion in 'Competition Corner' started by Keano88, Mar 15, 2018.

Discuss The Simpsons Mafia - DAY FIVE: TOWN WIN (Mafia 25) in the Competition Corner area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

I'd have done the same.

No.

2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Why would Obaf turn down what is probably the strongest mafia role we’ve seen for a lesser one?

Anything better than an unkillable godfather role would surely be over powered.

3. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Two ways to think about this, either Obaf got a very powerful town role which is fair enough, or he's got a SK/Good alien role of some sorts because i just cant see why youd turn that Mafia role down.

JC Anton likes this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He must have a lone role or excellent Town role..

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

5. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Wouldn’t rule out a lone role, but I couldn’t see him being any other scum faction.

That being said, the fact Keano modified the godfather role in the first place makes it difficult to rule anything out.

JC Anton likes this.
  6. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    fek i need a life !

my breakdown of the discards .

18 players
    12 discard town
    6 discard scum roles

town.
    2 of the roles could have really helped i thought
    5 would have helped
    5 not really much in these roles ( I'm in here , retired marine just immune from serial killers doesn't really help town in my opinion )

scum,
    questions need to be asked , if they gave up these roles what the fek did they take ?
    and not all of them took town roles i don't think .

Dazza, alien recruiter , able to recruit 1 to his cause
    Vert , alien recruiter , able to .. as above , would have made a nice wee gang of 4
    Idioteque , Mafia Governor , if one of his mates was in trouble he could have jumped in , although exposing himself he just bought scum more time in my opinion .
    Obaf , must be some role keano has invented .
    Che , Mafia Roleblocker , Che would have lasted well into this game doing damage to town with this role .

Wintertime , i don't think anybody would have took this role .

7. Jeremie Frimpong

If we had each known that the other person would choose that role, aye, but even then, I doubt the Alien faction would be anyone’s first choice.

Both Mafia and Town tend to be stronger both in terms of numbers and powers, in my (limited) experience.

8. Jeremie Frimpong

I’ve just caught up with everything.

@Mr. Slippyfist, see my post above for why I turned down the Alien role, mate.

To be fair to @obafgkmlt, I sometimes struggle with what the role entails if it is not explicitly stated by the host (albeit, he is a more experienced player than I am). If I had chosen Kodos and recruited a Town Cop, for instance, would he have become an Alien Cop or the equivalent of an Alien Vanilla Townie? (I actually only thought of that when I was replying to Scotia there, and I would probably still have turned the role down, but the point stands.)

I think @JC Anton is right in that @obafgkmlt has a highly powerful Lone or Town role, but I am curious why anyone would push for him to be lynched while there is still a very good chance that it is the latter. At least, let’s see what happens during the Night phase first.

9. Jeremie Frimpong

I don’t have much to go on at this point. I’ll probably abstain from voting on the first Day, unless something changes.

I am sure that we have lost a couple of Town roles on the first Day in the last couple of games from jumping to conclusions.

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Tbf we've never see anyone choose to be an Alien Faction, usually as it doesn't come with a faction Kill.. so I can see why Keano varied it to become more attractive. And yes it's my understanding the player would keep his 'Power' when recruited.. an interesting role by all accounts.

11. Jeremie Frimpong

That’s what I thought: it was unlikely that anyone else would take an Alien role (and, as it turns out, no one did, unless there are other alien characters in The Simpsons besides Kang and Kodos).

I still think that it is an underpowered faction, but kudos to @Keano88 for trying to make it more attractive.

JC Anton likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I used to be of the mindset that we would better not to vote on the first day to avoid getting it wrong and lynching an innocent..

This plays into scum hands tho.. all they need to do is be is successful with their night actions and we are no further on at the start of Day2. And a Townie down.

At least when we vote you can see patterns etc, inactivity only suits a scum agenda.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  13. Jeremie Frimpong

Aye, I suppose you’re right there, mate.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

When you revealing your role?

15. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    I think the same but I have been lynched before for trying to push a lynch on the first day... :39:

JC Anton likes this.
  16. Mr. Slippyfist

It's been years since I watched the simpsons, other than a 5 min glabce whilst flicking through channels.

That being said, I remembered seeing more than those two alien *, quick google and it turns out they two slabbering hun * had a master turn up in a few tree house of horrors episodes, and there was a wee martian * in the stonecutters episode.

Which also leads me to think there could be a masonic faction i.e. stonecutters.

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Doesn't seem any point at the moment, thread quiet not much momentum/pressure on anyone..

18. Mr. Slippyfist

Serak the Preparer, and Kamala are the other two Riggelian aliens (the other two being Kang/Kodos).

19. Mr. Slippyfist

There's a surprise....

:56:

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  20. Jeremie Frimpong

:giggle1:

I guess we can’t rule out an Alien faction then.

That’s a good shout. Are they Town-aligned, aye?