1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    King of Kings likes this.
  2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Scott has been our most consistent player this year imo. It's not like he's just been putting in decent performances either, he's pretty much at least an 8/10 every week. Was my vote for POTY.

Taz likes this.
  3. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Only right I posted it again.

JC Anton likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Hero..

5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Thanks mate.:86:

:56:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  6. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Who was the last player we had that was here for 10 years? McNamara?

7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Brown is also about to reach a milestone at Celtic. It'll be 10 years to the day tomorrow [Tuesday 16 May] that he signed for the club from Hibernian.

"It's been great, there's been a lot of ups and downs, but I came to Celtic wanting to win trophies and that's why I'm still at Celtic. Here's hoping I've got a few more years left to win more trophies, and entertain the fans - as that's what we're here to do."

Brown admits he had the opportunity to leave Celtic, but decided against it.

"I had the chance to go down to England, but I decided to stay [for] the love of the club, plus we're in Champions League football where you're playing against the best players in the world. That's what you want to do when you're at a huge club like this and that's what I've managed to do."

Reflecting on his decade at Celtic, Brown admits that he "felt young" when he arrived.

"I was a cocky 21 year old, so not a lot has changed," he joked. "I've matured a wee bit and I've understood how the gaffers, especially this one, have wanted us to play. I've enjoyed every single moment of it."

8. BelfastCelt88

Only seems like yesterday he signed. He's been a great servant and hopefully here for many more years. He's been a real leader this year, very consistent and long may it continue.

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Had a few poor spells in his time here but he's been here for 10 years, so that's expected. All in all, he's been worth every penny of his transfer fee and has cemented his place in club history.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  10. venividivici

I will be gutted when he finally hangs up his boots,he has some up and down moments for us but we certainly miss him when he is not playing:ireland:

11. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Pretty much it. Theres been season when i thought id happily let him go but he has been unbelievable this season.

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This has been his best season, IMO

13. FrankMcCallum

His career here has been a series of ups and downs, I'm not ashamed to say I've wanted him to leave on a few occasions as his performances have warranted that.

But the fact he is such a good character has merited his ten years here. At the end of the day I can admit that you can't be a bad player if you've played here for ten years and been picked by so many managers. He obviously has brought something to the team.

He's obviously been at his best this year. You can tell the whole team respects him and his technical game has improved astronomically this year.

Prior to this season I actually thought he was at his best at right midfield with Kayal and Ledley in the middle. Shows you how much I know but I think most will admit he's been far from convincing here in the whole ten years which makes it even more satisfying to see him play so well and so confidently this year.

14. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He'll go down as a legend once he does hang up his boots.

The 10 years has flown by! Is he not due a testimonial at the end of the season then?

15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Scott Brown says he wants to end his career with Celtic as he celebrates his tenth anniversary at the club today.

The Celtic captain has one year remaining on his current contract, but is desperate to extend his stay beyond next summer, and he will look to open talks after the current campaign comes to an end.

“We haven’t spoken about extending, not yet,” Brown said. “We will wait till after this season is out the way and see what happens. We have three important games left so there is no point in talking about contracts now.

“But I would love to stay here as long as I possibly could and finish at this club. For me it’s the best club I have ever been at and the best club I ever will be at. The fanbase, the football base and training base is first class.”

After an outstanding personal season, Brown feels that there is still plenty of life left in him yet at the top level. So much so, that he feels he could follow the example of Scotland manager Gordon Strachan and play on until he is 40.

The man who brought him to Celtic Park is constantly in his ear about the longevity of his own career, and has urged Brown to squeeze as much time as he can out of his playing days.

“I probably couldn’t play as well as he did when he was 40, but I’ll give it a right good go,” Brown said.

“I enjoy being part of a team, I enjoy coming into training. It’s been my life since I left school. It’s what I enjoy doing and I want to maintain that as long as I possibly can.

“[Gordon] keeps reminding me that he played to 40. I spoke to him the other day and he was saying he told me last season that when you’re 29 and you have a bad game, you’re just s***e, but when you’re 30 and you have a bad game then your legs have gone.

“He said ‘You’re 31, you’re flying, you need to get it out of everybody’s head that you’re too old and play as long as you can. I played until I was 40’. And I was like ‘Aye I know gaffer, we all know you played until you were 40!’

“In the past couple of seasons when everyone was telling me I was finished, I just thought ‘Nah, wee Stracho is right, I’m going out here to prove everyone wrong.’”

Jeannie960 and Valhalla like this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What a guy, and that last bit sums up the infectious character he is..

17. The Greenman King of kings

Can't believe it's been 10 years since he signed now, * me where does the time go? :giggle1: I was against signing him at the time as well :fear:

18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

On this day in 2007, Scott Brown signs for Celtic from Hibs. Broony has won 12 trophies in his Celtic career so far.

[​IMG]

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

His performances in the Champions League this season are of a level he's never shown before. Genuine European class and the stats backed it up.

For that reason alone this season has been his best, by far. Hopefully he has another couple of them left in the legs.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Good point about Strachan playing till he was 40.

31 isn't even old, seems that nowadays people focus a bit too much on age. I'll worry once his performances start to dip and it is having a visible effect. Forget the age, as long as he is playing well he can stay there.