1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Celtic Way

to claim the sfa have mentioned they are not happy with the away support is a fact, not an opinion.

2. Retro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    They are not.

There's been dialogue between the Club and some fan groups, the CSA, the affiliation on this already.

3. The Celtic Way

any proof of this?? or have you just signed up to have a go at the celtic away support.

4. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    It's no coincidence either JPT the fans liason officer who is supposed to be independent has been blanking requests for meetings to discuss ticket distribution for the forthcoming BMG and Man City away games. Yet if you are willing to pay over the odds for "Official Travel" you are guaranteed a ticket.

There is also a new guy in charge of the TO, some so called big sporting events organiser and he is the one initiating the changes. Resulting in the TO counter staff being subjected to abuse through no fault of their own.

Classic example of the total * up with TO changes is a best mate of mine who has been running a CSC bus to Europe for over 40 years, has not missed a single game home, away, friendly or in Europe in all that time was told the other week he didn't have enough points to get a ticket for BMG and that he according to them hadn't been to any away games in Europe.

5. The Celtic Way

i no 5 or 6 people who this year bought a fat cat season book, 1400 pound and this gets you a ticket for every away game no matter were it is in the world, yet they want a fairer way to distribute away tickets to new season ticket holders who cant get away tickets, basically you can buy your way to the front of the cue.

6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

People's Republic of North Northumberland
    Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I did fear things like this could happen this season with increased attendances. It really is stupid and incredibly short-sighted though. Who knows where Celtic will be in 2 or 3 years time and if the performances on the pitch suffer will these new season ticket holders still be here ? Will they *.

7. Retro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Its a similar scheme used by Man United, Man City and them across the city. As we seen with city, its been a resounding success for that.

From speaking to others at other clubs, its lead to 'official' buses that only leave/drop off at the stadium and has all but killed off any independent buses.

8. Retro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not having a go at the away support, fare from it. This will however all come out in the wash.

9. The Celtic Way

man city away fans, resounding success are you serious :97: the same fans who handed back tickets just last week for our game, ye they must have a great away support.

10. Retro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm joking. They were standing outside, in the * rain, the Merchant City for 2/3hrs for tickets they had already paid for.

11. Dr. Frasier Crane

I don't think it's necessarily all that unfair, I mean there are younger guys coming through and people like myself who have had a couple of season tickets in the last few years when I could afford to buy them and have never had a chance during that time to build any points because it's near enough impossible to get tickets for a lot of the away games except maybe Kilmarnock.

I think those that are towards the top now will probably end up back near the top anyway as well. And those at the top who just go to the odd game now will drop off and allow others to take their place.

12. Al Bootyerbaws

You go to the away games like Killie and Motherwell and so on that tickets are easier to get and work your way up, that's what everybody has had to do in the past.

Why should somebody who's just decided to start going back to games jump the queue and get tickets ahead of someone who hasn't missed a game in years?

13. Millerntor

This isn't true at all. There were 13 away games last season that ended up a free for all for season ticket holders.

I had a perfect record until we got chucked out 111 a couple of seasons back and then started from scratch midway through 2014/15. I did what nearly everyone has had to do at some point - I took everything going and I pestered the ticket office for returns and unsold tickets the day(s) just before the game. Last season, less than two full seasons, and I was offered ICT which is one of the harder away games to get.

Unfortunately some think they are above doing this.

But let's not be so naïve to think this is simply all about new season ticket holders not getting a ticket for the 'big' games. The idea of a review was first mooted around March and was mentioned in the season ticket package at the start of May - long before Brendan Rodgers was a real possibility and before we had this influx of thousands of new season ticket holders.

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Theres nothing they can really do that would be perfect other than selling tickets on the day outside away grounds to people who are entitled to buy them because they are ranked high enough.

Any other way is open to people getting tickets who don't deserve too. Like you realisticly only need to attend 10 away games a season as the rest of the games you could get and re-sell your ticket (Aberdeen, Hearts, Inverness, Sevco) and a couple of others means you can pick and choose some of the games you go to but will always be ranked high enough to get tickets for all games(domestically).

Same with European away games, you can fake emails to buy tickets for games just to get higher up the rankings, they should probably only distribute European away games once you are actually over there. So people can't just buy tickets for every game if they wanted to, re-sell most, for European away games you could sell to Celtic fans who live abroad close to the games and are unable to buy a ticket for the away end.

15. Retro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  16. Dr. Frasier Crane

I'm not talking about people who have just decided to start going back to games and jumping the queue though. It works both ways as well, why should someone who used to go to all the away games but now just goes to the select few big games be ahead of someone who wants to go to every game now? We have a massive travelling support going to * little grounds, the system will never be perfect but I do think the points system could be on some kind of 5 year reset, so more people and younger guys get a better chance of working their way up the points system quicker and get a chance at decent away games.

Ultimately it won't effect me and I get why people will be upset with it, but if they plan on going to every away game they'll still be at the top of the pile quick enough anyway.

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    They shouldnt reset it though, people will just have to work their way up from the bottom. It's not as if being deprived of 7/8 big away games a season is life and death, if they want to go to every game eventually they will.

Main problem I think would be weeding out people who buy tickets for all games but sell most on just to stay top of the pile and pick and choose what games they want to go to. As they will be holding people wh genuinley want to go to them all from getting to the top quicker.

18. Al Bootyerbaws

Well they need to come up with something better than just starting from scratch again and basically * over all the supporters who went to the less glamorous games in the hope they would get tickets for places like Pittodrie or Tynecastle. (I'm no sayin Aberdeen or Edinburgh is exactly glamorous either but ye know what I mean)

Callum McGregor likes this.
  19. Retro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The ticket thing is a pure false debate when, as you see above, the slo albeit confirming its due to fan behaviour and thus the rebs.

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There should surely be some way of keeping everyone's records/points of the games they attended, but having a small amount of tickets as a ballot for new people who want to get to away games. Limit it to somewhere between 50-100.