1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic vs Wolfsburg, Sat 16th, 3pm ko, Celtic tv..

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Jul 13, 2016.

Discuss Celtic vs Wolfsburg, Sat 16th, 3pm ko, Celtic tv.. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That's something that's always annoyed me about Brown, he's got a very poor shot for a professional.

2. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Good to see we got a win today. Important to bounce back after the game in Gibraltar. Onto Wednesday!

3. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Yes, and if last season highlighted anything, it is that we need more goals from everywhere. Even the poorer midfielders should be looking for close to half a dozen a season!

4. TheHappyLoss

Imagine him and Kayal playing next goals the winner

5. Markybhoy

Nice goal by Ryan Christie. If we use him properly he's going to be good for us.

6. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Browns goal against oldco with his left foot when he did the broonie. Where the * did that come from?

7. Swervedancer Guest

Coulnd't see the game today but just read the thread and it sounds like we put in a good performance even with two teams again.

I like the sound of Ajer getting MOTM even though he made a few mistakes before he settled, that suggests he was brilliant after a nervy start.

Thanks for the report and interviews as always Crow :50: I notice you had a word with Brendan and made Forrest captain :50: Can you have a word with him again in a non sarcastic voice this time and tell him not to do it again please?

Not that I seen how Forrest played, I just know he's not our captain.

So glad to hear Armstrong had a good game in a more central position, he's one player I really want to see do well as he seems a pretty intelligent footballer.

Also great to see McGregor score a goal, I don't know what it is about him but he seems to make scoring look simple. I also like his passing versatility and positive intent. One of our most exciting players, I would start him.

It's interesting some people are saying the second half was more exciting than the first because looking at the team sheets it was our B team who played second.

Great to hear Allan played well although he didn't get a mention in the match report which I thought was strange.

Dembele sounded like he done alright and had one excellent move but the keeper saved.

Good to hear Broony had a good game too, don't stop believing.

Rogic showing some flashy skills is good too, he's got game changing power and why I hope he stays.

Mid McCart play or not? I got confused as someone said he was and someone said he was playing for the development squad it sounded like.

When are we going to see Nesbitt? He's turning into a mystery the amount of promising reports and games he played till he went to Partick Thistle and has never been seen again.

Another thing that concerned me but not so much as it was only mentioned once is Roberts doesn't suit this new style of ours and I just can't imagine a system of ours that wouldn't fit him in somehow seeing as he'e out most threatening game changer.

Thanks for the match thread guys, sounds like we should be comfortable on Wednesday even though they will park the bus we have the players to unlock them. Plus there should be a decent crowd too, love the description of the Standing Section, sounds like the GB were in good voice.

Even in a friendly it's no mean feat beating Wolfsburg who finished 8th in the Bundesliga and nearly beat Madrid in the CL. Very good team.

8. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

he told me yesterday Forrest would be captain didn't believe him at first :86:

9. Cmcgregor90

Who was that number 50

10. Cmcgregor90

McGregor shouldn't have been taken out the team at a point last season and he was for brown

11. GavCFC1

McCart

12. Larsson93

Blasphemy, Kayal scored today.

13. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    I give anyone a chance. I was at Easter road for henriks first game and said I wasn't going back if he played again :celt_2:

14. Swervedancer Guest

:smiley-laughing002: You two need to stop drinking together.

15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002:

16. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Oh how you must have eaten your words :smiley-laughing002:

17. Shaun

:56:
    Yous are insane, in a grand way

He got it done free. :rolleyes:

Awful game the kid had, looks like his nerves can't handle playing for Celtic, it's like he puts too much pressure on himself, thus tunnel vision sets in and he panicks. Maybe Rodgers can help him, as there is a good player in him

HH

HAHAHA

SFA appoint refs in all friendlies

Agreed, certainly looked better than both Ambrose and O`Connell. Certainly I think McCart is a good player. I think will be pushed this season for 1st team action next season, not always good to rush these kids, some panic (O`Connell, not having a go at him) some thrive, KT is proof. As Rodgers has said many times "Regarless of age, if an 18 year old helps the team more than a 28 year old, the 18 year old plays, no argument" And it's still very VERY early, Rodgers knows more with each passing double training sessions and more so games, as we seen better players start yesterday. We will fly over that mob on Wednesday, then I expect a CB will be signed for next CL Qualifier, one to walk into the team, experienced too

HH

Agreed, maybe Rogders is trying to get his confidence back? Forrest knows the fans have turned away from him, yet we do know Rodgers is one of the best 1-on-1 man managers in football. Maybe Forrest has said "I want to stay here" and Rodgers is helping him...Unlike Mulgrew.
    HH

Broke his ankle, rumours we are after 3rd choice Liverpool keeper on loan, as back up for a season, or till January

HH

Christie yeah, can see the raw potential. But KT? We don't know if Izzy will hang around or we will cash in for £2M, Mulgrew might leave. So we would need good back up, would like to keep Mulgrew but he is sitting unfit giving himself no chance of signing a Contract then being able to play right away, he is miles behind 1st team fitness.
    Another good right back needed for sure

HH

Maybe, like a few other players he is getting fit, getting used to Rodgers ways. Must be a half decent player in him. Hope so

HH

He has been good!! Got his goal on tour, made a few assists, or assisted at least, runs always, gives defenders no rest. Holds the ball up too. Good 3rd striker to press Griffith and Dumbelle, and we know can play well

HH

Thought it myself at the time, friggin HUGE kid. LOL

Offt
    LOL

HAS to play opposite wing from Paddy on Wednesday, brilliant player if used well, smart lad, always honest performer

HH

Good players, positive Rodgers will be aware of them, but right now we must lose a few duds 1st. Unlike what Ronny did when dropping Commons, playing Jo etc, changed the flow of a good unit he did, I think Rodgers is pulling the squad he has, who know each other, to get us past Wednesday. Rodgers sticking with who he has till after Wednesday I think, then I think we buy/sell

HH

I remember his crap misplaced pass to Charnley away to Hibs, Chic hammered it home, Celtic losing 2-1. Most Celtic fans hated Henrik Larsson that day :56: Yet we still judge players too early

:shamrock::shamrock:

YEESSSSSSS
    I multiquoted to * right here :56::56:

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Gaffa can multiquote!

:62::dancing::party048::57::party22::36::yeah::notworthy:larger::hi5::ynwacelti:party:

19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :party22:

It's the dawn of a new era

HH :shamrock:

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Granted just a friendly yes but that was much more like it yesterday. Especially the first half and the way we got after the game right from the kick off. Superb finish from McGregor and I thought he was excellent all round. Has to start on Wednesday for me.