1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Sean Daleer, Mar 17, 2015.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Green Socks

Questions must be asked about what Kennedy is doing. Conceding 2+ goals a game in Europe on average and still conceding stupid stupid goals in the league, whatever he's trying to do it isn't working.

2. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    He wouldn't be any worse than JK :smiley-laughing002:

3. Lecs

I don't see the adulation for John Kennedy, good Celtic man and overall good guy by the looks of things but the amount of respect he gets for playing less than 30 games for Celtic is incredible.

4. Chrissybhoy78

If the board want to go 'Full Ronny' then he needs his own staff. If Kennedy is the defensive coach then he has to take some of the blame.

5. wulliebad

I find it hard to believe that ronny and his helpers each work on some things and stay out of the others area of work.
    In other words there is no way kenndy is in charge of defence and collins and ronny just sit and watch that train wreck week in week out and have no input.
    Manager has final say and he needs to act.

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Doesn't deserve to be able to write 'Celtic coach' on his CV.

7. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Been wanting him gone since Malmo, offers nothing.

8. Tulf

I'd much rather see us get give Kennedy his old job back, get rid of Collins and let Ronny get his own men in for the rest of the season, see what happens from there.

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Id release him and let Ronny bring in another guy he knows, hopefully a mad character who would be tossing and kicking bottles and players about the dressing room after every defeat or bad performance.

10. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

thats what i'd like to see, ronnie still managed the double last year

but i dont rate these other coaches i'd rather ronnie got his own guys in for the rest of the season starting now

11. Slaw

I know people will say he was a highly rated youth coach and that he is here on merit. However, what youth players didnhe coach into first team quality footballers? What did he win with the youth team?

And most importantly, why is he a first team coach when our manager in all likelihood never wanted him in the first place?

If Ronny has any gumption he'll ask the board to replace Collins and Kennedy with his own men before he loses his own job.

12. Swervedancer Guest

I was asking that in a different thread recently, I didn't understand why he didn't come with his own staff. Every manager does it. I'm sure Ronny said in an interview recently that he has final say on all defensive matters and is always communicating with Kennedy regarding the coaching. But that doesn't change the fact our defence is a high priority area to fix. Injuries aren't helping.

13. wulliebad

For all we know maybe ronny asked for some people from the club...maybe felt it would help him at new club.

14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

were doin the dropping back between the centre backs to pick up the ball brown johansen and bitton have been doing that

this is absolutely correct the only teams that can play like this with both full backs playing like wingers at the same time are brazil and that's because they are nuts no one else plays like that cause it's suicide infact recent years have shown even brazil not allowing both fullbacks to go at the same time, we do it i think as a reaction to getting beat and because we get away with it at scottish level,,,,, it's the football equivalent of rope a dope

im not saying all our players are * but they are after last night but they and our coaches and fans at times seem to think we are some world beaters internationally when we are * nothing of the sorts, huge egos and cant back it up at all :38:

just because we can steam roller scottish teams that are skint and can't play football properly doesn't mean we can play as cavalier against much much better teams from countries with better standards than ours which is practically everybody else :smiley-laughing002:

15. freitassen

If I met Alladin and could have one person related to Celtic sacked between Collins, Deila, him and Ambrose at the moment it would be him. The only person damaging Celtic more than him at the moment is Lawwell

16. tatata

He's only got the job through the sympathy vote of how his career ended. What does he actually offer to the club??

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    No, he really hasn't. He deserves major credit for how hard he's worked to get into the role he's in. This kinda pish just isn't true and shows a lack of knowledge about what's been going on in our youth teams that he was developing.

This is true regardless of if he's good enough or not to be a first team coach, personally I think Ronny flung him under the bus a bit and the fans have latched on to that since.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

Oh here we go, another lunatic spouting utter nonsense.......

19. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    And you know this because....?

20. tatata

Because he ain't a defence coach, our defence is living proof of that Motherwell could have scored 4-5 against us ffs

We seemed to be conceding goals from corners every game. That seems fixed going by the last few games but the problem now is when we get a corner the opposition go up the park and score from it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015