1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dáibhí, Jul 13, 2014.

Discuss The Wrestling Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

3. twiggybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Finally manged to get the US network, thanks * couldn't be arsed waiting til November just to be told when a launch date is that could still be ages away plus * having to give sky extra money for it

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

5. Highland_Bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever Henrik Larsson, now Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Whats WWEs plans for HITC? I heard maybe a fatal four way?

6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

7. Keano88

Will they be including GM Mode in 2k15? that's the only reason I would buy it.

8. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Regarding Vince McMahon reportedly having a rule that no cast member of WWE Total Divas is to have a run with the WWE Divas Title, it's been a rule behind the scenes but it was Cameron that recently talked about it on Chris Jericho's podcast. She said:

"The whole thing we have been fighting is being on the show (means) not being able to have a chance at the title."

Most believe the rule is there because WWE officials don't want the title to be confused due to the several month delay in Total Divas being taped and airing.

9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

10. Vendetta

[ame]http://youtu.be/Nizt94pcAuU[/ame]

Looking forward to this

11. pokerbhoy74

Grado to win it and feud with Spud over the right to be EC3's right hand man :50:

12. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Ricardo Rodriguez recently spoke with Doug Mortman and Dave Lagreca on Busted Open.

What was the tipping point or the fall out with WWE to get you into this transition in your career?
    Well, it wasn’t just one thing. It was a serious of events that I was like ah, just screw it. A lot of was A) they had nothing for me. Del Rio and I kept pitching ideas to bring us back together. We thought we did pretty well together and we eventually knew they were going to split us up. One day they came up to us and told us ‘Okay this is what we are doing’. We’re like oh ok, thank you. It wasn’t just that though they had issues with money, I wasn’t making money anymore. If you talk to anyone from WWE they will tell you that you make your money on house shows and not on TV, your money is on the house show. . I got unofficially sent down and I got hurt by one of their football players and I got punished for it, which I weird and I took all these things into consideration and I realized this is not fun for me. I have been an extra for WWE and they know what I do backstage. Regal and I were running the tryouts for the extras so there is nobody in the world can I tell me I never had passion for wrestling. I was always the 1st person in the ring. WWE in a weird way made me hate wrestling so I got very bitter and I realized I got to stop this and I realized it was the company. So I woke up and said I am not coming in. Yeah I called the office and told them I am not coming in; I want a release.

Does it burn you to go through the motion with someone who is less experienced and knowledgeable in the ring as you are?
    Nah, honestly because I was a trainer on the road here in the WWE, everything was official because they did not want to fork up more money. They would tell me go help such and such and I always had patience with it. Yeah I might be a (explicative) when I am training. What bugged me though is when one of their guys got hurt and they punished me for it. So that really upset me.

When you say punished, what kind of situation do you find yourself in because you got dinged?
    I wasn’t on the house shows anymore and I wasn’t on NXT anymore. I was taking off of everything. There was a match that I and Kalisto had and by the way Kalisto is a great wrestler and is going to be a great superstar, and they cut our time against The Ascension; our time was cut in half. It was huge and it was less for a little something they were building. Granted, I was hurt at the time. Then they took me off the live events for NXT. They told me it was because of the match I had at Full Sail. I was like (explicative) off. You see me work for 3 years either doing live shows or dark matches and I have one bad one because I was hurt.

Speaking of Triple H, any truth to any disparaging names he used to call you?
    I am a little bigger; I am not fat by all means. With my lucha background, I can do flips, front flips, back flips, 450, shooting stars, and all that (explicative); Yeah so when I was working with the tryouts and being extras. We would do spots and I would flip around and take bumps like a clothesline and shooting stars. Triple H would call me a bumblebee; I was in Puerto Rico not too long ago and I saw Savio Vega and he used to call him a bumblebee and then I found out he called Super Crazy a bumblebee. He was a referring to an American guy doing flips. He would always make this comment about me being Mexican and Del Rio being Mexican. I and Del Rio use to call ourselves stupid names but when someone else would call us those names we would go whoa hold the (explicative) up.

Honestly when you guys split, I feel that was the end of Del Rio too.
    I agree and I think Del Rio would agree as well. We talked about it and after we broke up we made pitches to the office to get us back together because we knew. As for wrestling, Del Rio he is an A-Class (explicative) wrestler. You can’t have a bad match with Del Rio but when it came down to segments and promo’s and stuff and we felt like there was something missing; when they put me with RVD that was awkward. They told me when I showed up at the area ‘Hey you are with RVD tonight’ I was like hey whatever puts me back on TV. . For Del Rio English is his 2nd language he was still learning. I knew when he got stuck and he would pause and me being a spot monkey I would remember the promos and help him. Even in the matches I would tell him or tell his opponent hey, do this and do that and go to the corner and such and such. I would do that because I am a spot monkey. When they broke us up, we would still hang out and drive together and WWE would tell us to stop driving together; which was awkward because I only made that friendship with Del Rio.

Has the power has shifted from Vince McMahon to Triple H at this point?
    It seems that way and if it hasn’t got there officially, it’s coming. We saw it coming and we understood and it’s like when a new president comes in and he brings his own cabinet. That part didn’t surprise me at all but what surprised me was who was running and what was already there.

Is most of the focus on RAW and Smackdown on John Cena?
    I will say I was an Anti Cena fan before I got to WWE and when I got there I realize how hard this guy works. He is a machine and he deserves to be in the spot he is in. I had the pleasure to be in the ring with him with the managerial stuff. He and Del Rio have history and so I got to work with him. He is a machine and I don’t care what everyone says if you see the stuff he does. My hats off to him and he deserve to be where he is!

http://www.bustedopennation.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  13. twiggybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Only reason I'll be going to tna at the hydro is to see bootcamp, hopefully either Noam Dar or Grado win it though could see Kay Lee Ray being in with a shout

14. Xavier Woods

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
  15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

WWE has released Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore from his role as a NXT trainer in WWE developmental. The release was made today.

Dinsmore was hired by WWE in September 2013.

As noted WWE released NXT trainer Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore today. There was some sadness among the NXT talents as Dinsmore was considered a good trainer and was well liked by everyone. There's a theory going around that Dinsmore may have ended up on the wrong side of someone politically.

It's being reported by multiple sources that WWE has parted ways with Matt Martlaro, who was a liaison between WWE headquarters and developmental in Orlando.

PWInsider has confirmed the release of Matt Martlaro, who worked behind the scenes at NXT and as the liaison from developmental to the WWE offices. He also worked as an on-air personality back when developmental was Florida Championship Wrestling.

Martlaro's release came as a surprise because he was considered a hard worker and was seen as a "Triple H Guy" among some of the wrestlers. There's not a lot of sympathy for Martlaro as he was considered "abrasive" and was not liked for the way he treated talents. At the same time, Martlaro was said to be a good employee.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  17. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

The Hollywood Reporter reports that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is "loosely attached" to the lead role of a movie based on the 1990's series Baywatch.

Paramount has tried to get the movie going for a few years and is finally moving forward with it. Justin Malen has been hired to rewrite a script and the hot comedy team of Sean Anders and John Morrison (We're The Millers) will be directing. Montecito Pictures will be producing along with Beau Flynn. Tripp Vinson is executive producing and Hiram Garcia, who is Rock's producing partner, will serve in some producing capacity.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  18. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  19. Shane1888

:smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

As seen on Monday’s WWE RAW from Chicago, there was a backstage segment with The Authority where Seth Rollins’ Money In the Bank briefcase was vibrating. It was implied that there was a VIBRATOR in the briefcase while Rollins said it was just an ELECTRIC RAZOR.

The angle was actually a rib on one of the WWE Divas, not Rollins. No word yet on which Diva but the word going around is that one of the Divas was stopped at the airport by TSA when they forgot to take the batteries out of their vibrator. The * toy was in her carry-on and flagged because of the batteries.