1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Deadline Day Disapointment (again)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by mickmcl1888, Aug 31, 2013.

Discuss Deadline Day Disapointment (again) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sloany

Pointlessly
    Reposting
    Old
    Forgotten
    Idiotic
    Threads

:50:

2. OverandOver

Indeed, and I didn't say that. But you are saying you think we're stronger even though for all you know, we have replaced our 2 best players by a mile with inadequate players.

3. LoveTheTic88

Can see that myself.

Hopefully not a 0 pointer though.

4. Rosleabhoy

How do you know Pukki, biton and boeringter aren't superior players?

5. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    I'd say this has been an average window.

6. GavCFC1

I was just saying we done more on the last day of the transfer window that 'sign some fat midfielder'

7. Rosleabhoy

Pukki has been playing at a very good level...as has can Dijk and boeringter

8. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    I have a good feeling with Pukki. :shamrock:

9. Vertie Auld

We're stronger, overall, I think. Pukki will replace Hooper's goals. I don't know why people are doubting him. He's not a second striker. He's an out-and-out goalscorer. I'll go on record as saying that I think he'll be the best forward at the club since Henke. Baldé will run riot if given the chance. Boerrigter's talent is plain to see; he's the most exciting Celtic player I've seen in a while. Van Dijk was in the Eredivisie team of the year at centre-half and was one of the hottest prospects in the Netherlands - De Boer said he'd be at Ajax if not for their youth policy. Nir Biton captains his national side at U21 level and is very highly rated - he'd be at Manchester City if not for work permit issues and he's been compared to Sergio Busquets. Mouyokolo could turn out to be an excellent signing if he can stay clear of injuries and it's a no-risk signing anyway.

We should see Rogić challenging for a place in the starting line-up which will be like having a new signing. Commons, Matthews and Lustig are playind the best football of their careers. Stokes continues to defy his critics. Ambrose seems to be turning a corner. Mulgrew can now hopefully settle at centre-half and show the form which won him POTY season before last. Samaras is a genius with a ball at his feet and is our talisman in Europe. Ledley and Broony provide consistency and a bit of steel in the centre. Our centre-halves are all very comfortable on the ball and capable of initiating moves from the back. Forster is a great shot-stopper and can be one of the best young keepers in the world if he irons out a few weaknesses. If Kayal and Izaguirre can find their pre-injury levels they'll be unstoppable.

We really have a lot to be excited about. Try to see the positives.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye but not much more:smiley-laughing002:

Still quite disgusted we were trying to sign Tomlin with the money we have earned this past year.

11. GMS

We went in for that Sibanda but he was out of our price range tbf

12. GavCFC1

If that's the case then the original post is pointless as well then, since that stated all we done was try and sign Tomlin

Edit - Also think we would have got Buttner in if the deadline was on Monday, but that's neither here nor there

13. Ruthless Scot

Have we not even got that Buttner in?

Sorry to say, but I have to say I'm feeling underwhelmed. Van Dijk is/can be on par with Wilson. I'll have to reserve judgement on Biton, but I'd be very surprised if he's anywhere near as good as Big Vic. Pukki seems a good player but not what we need in a lethal finisher. Boeriggter is a good signing, and Balde gives us a different option.

Losing our three best players has been a gut punch and it was always going to be difficult to replace them.

14. GavCFC1

Was gutted about that, looks a great player...

15. Rosleabhoy

Why though if Lennon and park rate him?

16. Tifosi Celtic

How do you know they are?

17. Koke

If we had Wanyama and Hooper with this current squad I could see us getting to the quarter finals of the champions league, im not even lying.. I dunno I just thought we'd add more qualitu

18. md1981

Was reliant on Man United getting Baines. Think the timing of the window closing hampered us in that one

19. Tifosi Celtic

Taken from another forum but seems about right :

The average attendance has fallen to reflect the level of investment in the first team.

With champions league football and £26 million from player sales in the last 2 seasons, we're sitting pretty for cash.

We just drew Barcelona, Ac Milan and Ajax in the Champions League.

We just had a last minute bid rejected for Lee Tomlin from Peterborough.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

As I see it:

Van Dijk looks like he could be a better player than Wilson, easily.
    Biton is a different type of player to Wanyama, and would have to do phenomenally well to be as good as Victor.
    Pukki looks good but will he get the same number of goals Hooper will? Remains to be seen but not too sure.
    Balde will mainly be a sub as it looks like we will play with one striker most of the time, or two upfront with Stokes involved.
    Derk will be a good addition.
    Mouyokolo is a back up player.

Not much improvement there.