1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Deadline Day Disapointment (again)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by mickmcl1888, Aug 31, 2013.

Discuss Deadline Day Disapointment (again) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_Jorge

Meaning even if he doesnt cut it here as a striker he may still be a good signing. Either for his linkup play up front or even playing as a winger. Its not so much from watching him play as it is just a gut feeling. I have watched him though, yes. Im just not sure he is a natural finisher.

2. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    Same old * alot of rumours twitter sources paper * gossip wishfull thinking and another deadline day of hee haw !! am i happy with signings? im happy with pukki because i have seen him play and i know he will do a job here the rest is yet to be seen i really hoped we would get an experienced proven CB in to lead us in the CL and i was hoping for a ball winning tough tackling SOB like wanyama was

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I love this back of * packet accounting. :smiley-laughing002:

4. cheesepoo

I really don't want another signing. Were sorted with what we got. We signed way more and better players than i thought we would this window. Dont know what anyone else could want

5. Kevin73

Ciaran I'm glad you are not the club accountant!

6. Celtic_Jorge

We needed a sound replacement for Gary Hooper and Kelvin Wilson and we got two good "prospects" instead, thats what people are upset about.

7. Heb Celt

I think most people expect a signing on last day of the transfer deadline,it's like waking up on Christmas day without any presents to open.

8. Bangarangura

CIARAN 67, BE MY ACCOUNTANT PLEASE

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We woke up to Pukki this morning. :icon_mrgreen:

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, ive noticed that since ive been on this forum. People always go nuts on the last day, expecting a signing as if it is Christmas day and theres got to be one.

Then when one is made its usually all moaning "only a * loan am away to burn effegies of Lawwell and kick puppies".

11. Hadouken

lets be real here we've sold Hooper and spent the cash on balde and Pukki and tried to bring in Tomlin (ffs) on record these aren't exactly prolific goal scorers. I think Pukki will be good but it's definitely been a disappointing transfer.

12. cheesepoo

If the club think they are good enough replacements then, imo there worth a punt as such. I look at this window and can see we have replaced hooper with Pukki, Wanyama with Biton (Squad number wise), and Wilson with Van *. On top of that we bought Boerrigter, Moyokoulo (cover) and Balde. I understand some people being sceptic regarding the quality of the signing. But from what i have seen from them i think we are a better team now than before, with the exception of Wanyama but the money needed to be gotten so we didn't risk losing him for nothing

13. paulpaul17

January 09 was the worst transfer window ever. Our lack of activity there cost us 3 league titles, two automatic champs league qualifying as a result of those, and allowed the scum to limp on for a few years longer than they should have.

14. Sonny7

We signed better players than you thought we would. A take it from that you have a seen a lot of the players we'v signed?

15. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Lol

"Celtic Football Club have increased turnover by 71.0% according to their latest interim report for the six months to December 2012.

The uplift in the club’s accounts, attributed mainly to qualification to the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League, has seen Celtic’s revenues increase to £50.06m from £29.27m over the same period in 2011.

As a result, net bank debt stood at £0.13m (2011: £7.05m) making the current SPL leaders virtually debt free.

In his statement, Chairman Ian Bankier, said, “The revenues generated by the team’s success in Europe this year have significantly impacted our half year results, with turnover increasing to £50.06m, a 71% improvement over the previous year."

16. Heb Celt

We should have held off the Pukki announcement until 10 oclock tonight,would have saved a lot of people getting their knickers in a twist.:icon_mrgreen:

17. Don Larsson

Hi Pedro.

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Where did that Batunfata thread go?

19. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

:icon_mrgreen:

20. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    When we heard lennon say one or two players could be coming in i personally think he was talking about buttner and tomlin we had bids rejected for tomlin this week and i think we went back with an improved offer rejected again and i think buttner depended on man utd signing baines