1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Deadline Day Disapointment (again)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by mickmcl1888, Aug 31, 2013.

Discuss Deadline Day Disapointment (again) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. shaun.f

yes

2. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley

Pukki has a far better goal ratio then that.

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm sure his goals to minutes on the pitch ratio was as good as if not better than Huntelaar.

4. Maestro 08

Sean-CFC get a grip. Did u want kaka and Torres in? We've done decent business, you sound like a spoilt wean. We play in a Micky mouse league, what's the need for finbogasson, will he send us through in Europe??? For every 5mill striker we buy our group opponents can treble it. Could just see us quaking in our boots cos Milan signed finbogasson. Bring watt and atajic on. I'd get much more satisfaction from watchin them in a hoops shirt than the charlatans ur after.

5. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Because * players often go for hugely inflated fees, while excellent players often go for relative peanuts.

What I'm saying, the correlation between a players transfer fee and how successful they'll be is very poor.

6. TonyTim

We are never going to sign marque players costing £6m or more. The players brought in have to be given a chance and only time will time if they are a good signing or not. When you bring players in they should be better than what you already have so without seeing them play I think it is only fair to reserve judgement on them until they have had that chance. But I agree with the comments about the strikers, we need another striker. This is not just with Hooper going, even last season when Hooper was out we needed another striker, the board havent learned from that. I rather we had a balanced team that worked for each other and could be relied upon than some over priced prima donna picking and choosing when to have a good game that the team is built around

7. Bangarangura

this whole thread and nonsense completely ruins the buzz of making it to the champions league and the players we have already signed, * pessimists , WALK ON

8. Rosleabhoy

Yeah Celtic fans creating a bad feeling during a good time

Shameful chat from some

9. shaun.f

are you happy with the strikers weve got.?

10. bogsidebhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper, Izzy, Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Not really. 8 goals in 37 apps

8 goals in 40 apps would be 1 in 5 so not a kick in the * off it

11. Don Larsson

When we signed Hooper, we were a mess on and off the park. We had lost 2IAR to a very * huns team and we were knocked out of Europe - not just failing to qualify for the Champions League but the Europa League too. Domestic football was the priority and Hooper's record of 50 goals in 95 appearances for Scunthorpe, including out-scoring Andy Carroll for a smaller club in the Championship with 20 goals in 39 appearances, made him an appealing signing. His signing paid off immensely. Yet we haven't signed a successful striker since the summer of 2010. Bangura, Brozek, Miku, Lassad et al have been 'realistic' purchases but were a waste of money. Wanyama was a punt, you're right, but we never intended him to immediately become a starting 11 player, since Brown/Ledley/Kayal were already there, hence no Celtic fan was against Wanyama's signing. As you will notice, I'm happy that we've signed Biton and have no qualms with us now covered the central midfield berth. Wilson couldn't get a game for Nottingham Forrest because Billy Davies shut him out of the team in spite of trying to engineer a move to us in January 2011, simple as that. Even he had a terrible 1st season at the club and it speaks volumes that we are willing to accept a Celtic defence that arguably has no centre backs as good as him.

Again I'm happy with Pukki's signing, but not as a replacement for Hooper as stats don't back up that he can be the poacher we require. Again I'm happy with Van Dijk's signing, but alongside another centre back arriving. As for financial prudence, why spend £2million on a project? Finally, why is it those Celtic fans on your side of the debate allude to other Celtic fans demanding we spend mega bucks or go down the road of the now dead huns? Nobody is saying spend £7-8million on one player, or even close. We just want our players from last season adequately replaced and we aren't happy with an inferior team to last year, in spite of soon generating a combined £40million from 2 seasons in the Champions League and £20million raised from Wanyama, Hooper and Wilson leaving the club.

12. pLUSpISTOL

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm quite happy not disappointed.
    We have an excellent squad but I'm still not expecting any miracles regarding the CL.

13. slowburner

Wilson/Van Dijk
    Wanyama/Biton
    Hooper/Pukki

Two on the left came from the Championship and the other Belgium, the right has a Bundesliga, Eredevisie and the Israeli league, the right cost a little bit more. Didn't know much about Wilson, Hooper and Wanyama when they signed, same goes for the new guys. Time will tell, we very rarely spend big money on 'marquee signings' so we just have to wait and see.

14. mls1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura and Moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Where's all the Bawbags who had in the know sources? :87:

15. Celtic_Jorge

For some reason and Im not sure why but I have a feeling in my gut that Pukki will turn out to be a new Samaras-type player

16. Vertie Auld

Have you seen him play?

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I've got a feeling Pukki will score plenty, maybe Hooper figures.

The more I hear about him the more excited I'm getting.

18. Celticbhoy17

Nothings happening is it. 2 hours to get someone in...

19. Mr. Slippyfist

:97:

20. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    - £20m from Sales
    - £30m from CL 2012-13 and CL ticket sales
    - £10m from new magners sponsorship + Domestic money
    - £20m CL 2013-14
    - Season Ticket money
    - Ki sale money (£6m) wasnt touched
    - Got rid of the deadwood (Derry Pele, Miku, Lassad, Murphy etc)
    - Made our money back and more on Bangura for loan fees

From August 2012-August 2013 we've made something close to £100m

Leave £80m for other purposes and we should have spent around £20m IMO but the same old tight fisted Celtic have left us in what would seem a weaker position than last season.....but it's ok because this guy called "Profit" will pummel the goals in....We deserve better