1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ORIGINALS

Is that swahili, somalian or just code?

2. butch

I think the manager that made that dumb offer, was :rolleyes: eh sacked,
    reason given :31: could not recognize talent result, :38:team failure.

3. Shane1888

Besides the point if the manager was sacked or not, as you stated a couple of pages back that Broony has never had any clubs enquire about him, which is factually incorrect.

Broony is a leader of men. What he may lack in the passing department, he more than makes up for in the passion stakes :50:

4. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm currently doing a philosophy degree, and I have no * idea.
    I can also solve a Rubik's cube. Again, no * idea.

5. butch

show me the proof he was offered any thing, hear say was all it was.again ill say it once more A £100 pound challenge to\o/ any one, that he will be sold only, to a lower division team, and we would do well to amass £400,000
    for him, he is costing us far too much for what we are getting in return, PETER LAWWELL ain"t no mug when it comes to counting.

6. HendoBhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings!
    Fucksake you really do hate the bhoy. Pretty pathetic tbh.:56:

7. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He won't be going anywhere mate, because he's an important part of our team. I honestly can't comprehend how you cannot see what an impact he's made on the team this season. It's no coincidence that we started our winning run just as he came back from injury. Before that we lacked any sense of drive, urgency or spirit, and Brown gives us all of those. I know it can be hard to change an opinion, but come on mate, give some credit where it's due. I remember you once criticising him when he scored a penalty, for putting it the same side as last time. What's it going to take? He could score a hattrick in a Champions League final and I get the feeling you'd still criticise him for not getting a 4th, or for not passing for one of his goals.
    Also, any chance you could punctuate your posts properly? It makes them difficult to read sometimes when, you, have, a comma, after, almost, every, word, and when you CAPITALISE words at RANDOM, and sometimes start a new line
    at random.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I'll admit i've never been his biggest fan but overall he's done well this season, whether you love him or loathe him it cannot be denied that he's been a vital part of Lennys jigsaw.

It never pays to get bogged down on one individual, a winning team is the most important thing :50:

10. butch

Glad you mentioned when Brown came back, we had him in the 2 cup games that we lost, REMEMBER we are not getting value for our money, he is taking more from us than we are getting his ability aint that of a 5 million pound player he is of no better quality than that of IAN black, or that of the guy RANKIN OF Dundee united, putting him in order he would come third in that department. i keep hearing of drive but i find my self having to look at the game from a different angle from some on here, as I never see any drive, DRIVE IS A DESCRIPTION OF FOREWORD OR BACK but 95% of his game is sideways passing that for a guy that has played in the game for 20 odd years is shocking. and it can not be justified i feel we have to play him in the hope we can sell him, to leave him out only makes us look all the more sillier, as there will be many a talk going on, around the camp fires as to the time John Collins sold us a DONKEY FOR £5MILLION can we live it down.

11. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Had his best season in a Ceitic jersey.

12. Paul55

Scott Brown is never going to be the best footballer in our squad but we definitely miss him when he doesn't play. He's growing into a good captain and his performances are definitely improving with better players around him.

13. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    What do the cup games have to do with his return? He came back in November, the LC final was in March. Ok he didn't have a great game in either of them, but nor did anyone in the team, and he wasn't fully fit for the Hearts game. You'd have to be blind not to see the drive he brings to the team, every time he picks the ball up he's looking to run at defenders. When he's not on the ball he doesn't give the opposition an inch of space, constantly snapping at their heels. He plays a crucial role in our team.

14. Markybhoy

Wasting yer breath mate. Seriously.

15. T.Rogne25

I think he has been a revelation this season, he's improved tremendously.

One part of his game I want too see more of is his driving at defenders, which he does occasionally but not often. His passing range has improved every week it seems though.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Deciphering his posts is how you get your masters :icon_mrgreen:

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    always like Broon even before this good season he has had. We have players like Kayal, Commons, Ki and even wanyama who can pick out amazing long balls and passes so I dont think Brown is needed to do that.

I like him because he is * mental and is turning into a real leader in this team of ours. He doesnt mind a wee winding up of opponents now and again which I love also. He has always had haters and doubters and that isnt gonna change.

18. butch

WHEN you meet JOHN COLLINS, you will still see to this day him having the bigger than normal smile from ear to ear, from the day he sold us the Donkey,
    he has only one regret, that we did not take THOMPSON, as he would have completed the MUGS double. if it wasn't for the biscuit tin been a bit light, I am sure we would have had that double act. will we ever live this down as the worse signing in our clubs history, i doubt that, there have been a few that came close but, this lad wins hands \o/up. With 20 odd years of experience, and with us going on 5 years he has failed to be able to pass the * ball. :31:I wish his wit, was as good as his ability. but I give up. HE IS A DONKEY:celt_2:

19. Mr. Slippyfist

Now you are just talking utter *, butchy.

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Only now? I thought he started doing that months ago :icon_mrgreen: